Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Jarvis Homescreen resets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am using the new Javis stable version of Kodi on an Amazon firestick... Everytime I turn my firestick off and back on, the homescreen resets back to default... It is blank... I lose all my shortcuts and i have to add them again.. This happens about 5 times daily, depending on how many times it gets turned off... How can I fix this without a pc.. Just using the firestick... I am kind of new and learning so if you have an answer , please try to make it as simple as possible... Thanks in advance..
Do you have any 3rd party add-ons installed? Seems to be a common problem at the moment.
Yes.... Also when I am playing something, when I click on the back button, the movie keeps playing which is annoying... Is there a way to stop this just using the firestick?
Not a solution but if you go back to isengaurd its ok as it only happens in jarvis (this is with the firesticks updated works on one but not the latest )
No support/discussion of Kodi with banned add-ons (wiki) as per forum rules (wiki)
This said, I hope the above proposed solution works for you.
No image after up grade to 16.0
please help
Sorry, the post wasn't about the add-on's... Per the list I just saw, all add-ons are banned... geez... The post was about kodi jarvis quirks
(2016-03-25, 00:23)tandv73 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, the post wasn't about the add-on's...
No mention of banned add-ons. You agreed to those rules when you signed up to this board.
(2016-03-25, 00:23)tandv73 Wrote: [ -> ]Per the list I just saw, all add-ons are banned... geez...
Only those linked to piracy content . See free content (wiki) for what you can enjoy.
(2016-03-25, 00:23)tandv73 Wrote: [ -> ]The post was about kodi jarvis quirks
No it wasn't. Uninstall your questionable add-ons and see if your issue remains.
Then come on back for help if it does.
That would be all my add ons... the free content link has nothing I'm interested in seeing so sorry... I can just deal with no shortcuts and video still playing after clicking the back button... And again, my post wasn't about addons... someone asked me what was installed... The post was about the homepage resetting everytime i shut kodi down... It only happened after the upgrade to jarvis and also the video playback after clicking the back button only started after jarvis upgrade... same add ons I had before the upgrade... So I am just asking abut if there was a fix for those kodi quirks that a lot of people seem to have
Okay..... Did a fresh start.. wiped everything off except Kodi... Installed kodi.tv and I still get the same... Home screen resets... Lose all shortcuts..
(2016-03-25, 01:20)tandv73 Wrote: [ -> ]Okay..... Did a fresh start.. wiped everything off except Kodi... Installed kodi.tv and I still get the same... Home screen resets... Lose all shortcuts..

Can you replicate the issue and provide the debug log?
(2016-03-24, 23:12)tandv73 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes.... Also when I am playing something, when I click on the back button, the movie keeps playing which is annoying... Is there a way to stop this just using the firestick?

There's a more specific Fire TV remote one, but this is actually a little bit better: http://kodi.wiki/view/Alternative_keymap..._with_Play

There's an add-on being tested that can install these keymaps (that I keep forgetting about), which might also work: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=254795
Do you quit Kodi rather than just pressing the Home button to close?

I had this issue (all customised homescreen settings were being reset) but seems to be fine if I actually quit the application rather than simply pressing the home button to put Kodi in the background.
. When I shut off my tv, it actually kills the power to my firestick completely... SO When I power it back on, that's when it resets... Also , as far as the logs, I don't know how to do that.. I read many threads, but it's above my level as of now.. I have also read many threads on how to get the firestick hooked up to my pc, but I have failed to make it work.. I even had to get someone to load kodi on it for me... I also don't even know anything about xml files... I'm lost just looking at one... I don't even know if I need my pc for that if not.. If so, then I'm in trouble because I can't even get the firestick to run on my pc which is a new lenovo edge with 1tb 16g 8g dedicated graphics with intel I7 core... IDK
Your problem (I think) is that skin settings are written on exit - you're not exiting, you're pulling the plug.
Try this:
Start firestick / kodi.
Make changes in your skin.
Switch to another skin (any, doesn't matter).
Switch back.
Turn off firestick.
Turn back on - have your changes stayed this time?
Pages: 1 2