Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-04-17, 16:42)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]BTW, looking at your screenshot above, you're playing 3D MVC via Kodi ... you need to use HiMedia's wrapper app to make Kodi use the native HiSilicon player. Latter is the only way to get full 3D, HD audio and 23.976 on this box.

Yeah I installed wrapper but didn't run it Smile
Thanks for the Great review.
Hoping that Himedia addresses the minor issues by the time Futeko starts shipping PO#2
Not that quickly... we beta-testers have had pre-production samples since mid-February and just a couple of items got fixed to date. There have been two firmware updates. The 3D flip-eyes issue should be fixed fairly quickly, but microstutters will take time as it isn't trivial. Expect it to take until Fall or even Winter for Q10 Pro to get mostly solid. If HiMedia makes it happen sooner, it'll be a pleasant surprise.
(2016-04-17, 15:24)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, that's a first. But, I'm not much of a YouTube'er either. Pretty interesting that YouTube has some automatic way to check audio/content in the uploaded clips.

Just tried Vimeo, but w/a free a/c, I'm already getting...
Quote:The file you’ve selected would exceed your 500MB/week upload limit. To upload this video, upgrade to Vimeo Plus or PRO and get up to 20GB/week of storage space.

Let me explore other options. Stay tuned Smile.

Nice video review! Looks like you forgot to watermark it in its entirety (this would have helped to trick YouTube's Content ID system Wink) Yeah, Vimeo free is good only for small videos.

YouTube's Content ID system is amazingly fast. If you have more than 10s of copyrighted material, it will detect it for sure (too much of Ant-Man in your video Smile).

Hopefully, HiMedia will fix the playback errors soon.
'Ant-Man' is a great little Wink title to check lip sync error, MVC, 23.976, etc. all at once Smile.

Re: watermarking, not sure if Microsoft MovieMaker (free tool I'm using) can do it. Need to look into other video editors that are as easy to use, but are more full-featured.
(2016-04-17, 22:21)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Re: watermarking, not sure if Microsoft MovieMaker (free tool I'm using) can do it. Need to look into other video editors that are as easy to use, but are more full-featured.

You could try HitFilm 3 Express (you can get it for free, all you need to do is tell your friends about it Smile ) or LightWorks Both of them might be a little overkill for your purpose, but give them a try.
Hi hdmkv, thanks a lot for the video. I notice that the picture quality you got there are amazing. However, I couldn't get the same picture quality, in fact it's been crappy for me, despite spent hours of tuning the settings on my TV as well as the Q10 Pro. The video either being too bright, too sharp, too dull, too dark ... etc ... you name it.

Any advice for me, or can you share your "Image setting" and Imprex Engine Setting on your Q10 Pro ? Or you just leave it default ?

Thanks !
My settings are in the video. You should be getting excellent PQ, except for bugs noted.
(2016-04-18, 02:20)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]My settings are in the video. You should be getting excellent PQ, except for bugs noted.

Noted. Will try again tonight as my movie all turn out looks low res, even movie on my LG lb6500 tv built in player look much much better.
How is the cpu in this box? I'm hearing great things about the box in general, but not much in terms of raw processing power.

Would anyone mind testing some 1080p hi10p files for me?

Some samples are available here (skip the first, which is only 720p) and here, Remember to turn off hw decoding for them.

Files play fine on an ipad air 2, how does the cpu of this compare to that? Shield apparently plays them without a hitch as well.

Thanks
Hdmkv I have just watched your Video in setting up the Q10pro. There is one thing that concerns me is The picture settings. I have just had my T.V. & Projector professionally calibrated at a cost of £700 ($990) for the both of them to be done. I was going to buy this unit but if I have to start mucking about with the picture settings to get the Q10 Pro to work right.Of which I have just paid all that money to have TV & Projector calibrated I think this unit will be a no no. All I want to do is show my blu Rays nothing else. and be able to chose the film I want from the screen Is there a way I can use this media box without mucking about with the picture settings on my TV etc ? .
@hdmkv

Which harmony is that you are using in video?
(2016-04-18, 09:58)PINA Wrote: [ -> ]Hdmkv I have just watched your Video in setting up the Q10pro. There is one thing that concerns me is The picture settings. I have just had my T.V. & Projector professionally calibrated at a cost of £700 ($990) for the both of them to be done. I was going to buy this unit but if I have to start mucking about with the picture settings to get the Q10 Pro to work right.Of which I have just paid all that money to have TV & Projector calibrated I think this unit will be a no no. All I want to do is show my blu Rays nothing else. and be able to chose the film I want from the screen Is there a way I can use this media box without mucking about with the picture settings on my TV etc ? .

What TV do you have? most have separate calibration for each HDMI input, so unless all are used and setup, just adjust the one that you have the Q10 hooked up to.
Hello everyone I wanted to know if the problem of
microstutters is only visible on the 3d video files or even those 2d,sorry for my bad english thanks.
Currently I'm using Denon 3311 with my Dune Prime 3.0 play all the HD Audio with no issue.

My setup as below:
1. Denon 3311 AVR
2. 5.1 Surround Setup
3. 65" Panasonic Plasma TV
4. Dune Prime 3.0 Media Player

Today I just bought a new HiMedia Q10 Pro to replace my Dune Prime 3.0. After test for few hours, I can't get the HD Audio working. Below is the list of issue that I'm facing:

1. Dolby TrueHD - totally no sound.
2. DTS MA - play as DTS core sound.
3. Dolby Digital - no issue.
4. DTS - no issue.

Q10 Pro Kernel version: 3.18.24
Q10 Pro Firmware version: HMD-1.0.1 2016-03-22.170326
Playback Setup: HDMI Output - RAW, HBR Output - RAW 5.1, 1080P24Hz - ON.

Please help.

Thanks.