Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-04-28, 02:26)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Tested the new "test" f/w (v1.0.3 2016-04-21.xxxxxx) and let HiMedia know. They're making progress, as all HDR and/or 10-bit 4K files play for me, except one:

- (10-bit HEVC 29.970fps) Samsung = good
- (10-bit HEVC 50fps EAC3 7.1) Silent by Dolby (2014) = good
- (10-bit HEVC 59.940fps) 7 Wonders of the World = good
- (HDR HEVC 10-bit 24fps) Exodus Sample = good
- (HDR HEVC 10-bit 24fps) Life of Pi Sample = good
- (HDR HEVC 10-bit 59.940fps) Camp by Sony = no picture, audio only

And, for all that did play, PQ was just sublime. And, smoother playback vs. Shield. Latter has judder w/some 4K.

There are 2 versions of "Camp" , by Sony.... have you tried both with the new test firmware ?

(59.940fps) 3840x2160 8bit HEVC Sony 4K Camp
(59.940fps) 3840x2160 10bit HEVC Sony 4K HDR Camp.mp4
by "good" do you mean your seeing the full 2020 colorspace? or is it just playing them back good but your still loosing color and the picture looks "weird"?
I don't have the right equipment to test full, correct colorspace. Playback was fine (picture there, free of judder, no other artifacts) on my 8-bit 4K@60 display. Wish I'd waited for 10-bit 4K; got TV over last Black Friday deal when I had not studied up fully on 4K. Ah well, live and learn.

Re: 8-bit vs. 10-bit Sony 4K Camp videos, only tested the 10-bit HDR version. Based on other 4K videos I've tested, the 8-bit version should play fine.
(2016-04-29, 00:09)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have the right equipment to test full, correct colorspace. Playback was fine (picture there, free of judder, no other artifacts) on my 8-bit 4K@60 display. Wish I'd waited for 10-bit 4K; got TV over last Black Friday deal.

Re: 8-bit vs. 10-bit Sony 4K Camp videos, only tested the 10-bit HDR version. Based on other 4K videos I've tested, the 8-bit version should play fine.

on Gods of Exodus hdr demo in the scene where they are on the chariots.. are the skin colors and the "gold" colors off? or does it look identical to the bluray,
(2016-04-29, 00:09)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have the right equipment to test full, correct colorspace. Playback was fine (picture there, free of judder, no other artifacts) on my 8-bit 4K@60 display. Wish I'd waited for 10-bit 4K; got TV over last Black Friday deal when I had not studied up fully on 4K. Ah well, live and learn.

Thanks for that ....
previously (on the current firmware), both versions of "Camp" (HDR and non-HDR) and both versions of Life of Pi samples (HDR and non-HDR) and both versions of Exodus (Dynamic and non-Dynamic) resulted in black screen and audio only
As I've yet to see this movie, and as the sample shows highly stylized color scheme anyway, no idea how it's supposed to look... like this?...

Update: Disregard above... it was screen-grabbed from my desktop PC. The PQ on Q10 Pro look excellent, with correct colors.
(2016-04-29, 00:17)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]As I've yet to see this movie, and as the sample shows highly stylized color scheme anyway, no idea how it's supposed to look... like this?...

hard to say, looks pretty washed out, is that your photo? i know that with KODI, bt2020 stuff isnt working right, is this playing through that wrapper thing?
That's a screengrab of the HDR sample off my PC. Hmm, let me do this... I have the BD rip and can compare w/the HDR sample.

Update here.
(2016-04-29, 00:24)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]That's a screengrab of the HDR sample off my PC. Hmm, let me do this... I have the BD rip and can compare w/the HDR sample.

your screengrab looks how playback of bt2020 on the minimx with KODI looks. which i guess is to be expected since your TV isnt HDR compatable.. but im willing to bet if its playing through KODI you wont get HDR with an HDR TV.. which is why i asked about the external player.

this is how the bluray looks.. give or take as its not my photo.

Hello hdmkv,

i received my q10 pro, if i had the new fw, i'll be able to test the hdr with my sony 4k hdr Big Grin

Congrats on getting your Q10 Pro! I'm not allowed to share the test f/w, sorry.
(2016-04-29, 01:22)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats on getting your Q10 Pro! I'm not allowed to share the test f/w, sorry.

i know hdmkv, i'm joking Wink
(2016-04-28, 08:40)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-28, 03:48)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't appear to be. No changelog provided, and only requested to test HDR.

still microstutter?
banding issue?

On Life of Pi HDR
Microstutters are there on 4K and 1080p material... think we're in the long haul for this issue unfortunately. Hope to be proven wrong, but it's a difficult one to get right, especially for 23.976 on Android.
(2016-04-29, 01:42)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Microstutters are there on 4K and 1080p material... think we're in the long haul for this issue unfortunately. Hope to be proven wrong, but it's a difficult one to get right, especially for 23.976 on Android.

both life of pi demos are 24.00hz is it all videos or only 23.976