Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all! Just taken delivery of my new Q10 Pro (purchased locally from eBay in Australia). A huge thanks for all the work in this thread from @hdmkv

Now up and running side-by-side with my trusty old WD TV Streaming Media Player (that I really want to pension off.....). I can see all the advantages of Kodi and want to get into it as an avid HT addict.

Very happy with video performance and playing video files from NAS (once I changed from wifi back to Ethernet-Over-Power).

For some reason, however, I cannot bitstream any HD audio files to my Yamaha Aventage AVR via HDMI.
I made sure RAW and RAW 7.1 sound settings are correct and whilst it detects the files have TrueHD 7.1 / DTS-HD MA 7.1 or 96Khz PCM (when I press pause; it shows the file details it is playing correctly), it refuses to pass this audio stream successfully to my AVR Sad

I did update the Yamaha firmware but this made no difference (as I saw this suggestion made on the Futeko forum).

It plays standard AC3 5.1 and DTS (core) files fine (and the same video file with two audio streams can be switched from playing 5.1 to no audio 7.1, using the remote). Also plays normal FLAC files but not high bitrate SACD rips. The WD TV has bitstreamed all of these files to my AVR since 2013 (except 192Khz audio) so it was unexpected the Q10 is currently able to do this for me.

I will keep trying settings and different HDMI cables etc but does anyone here have suggestions on what else I may try to get bitstream 7.1 audio working? Have others had the same issue when first setting up? http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=793.0

I am not a novice with HT but this issue currently has me stumped for a solution. Confused
Question on Remote. I am currently using a bluetooth remote as my main remote and would like to be able to turn 3D on and off without having to use the supplied remote since it is IR and my box is in the other room. Is there a method to do that without going out and buying a IR to RF extender? Please let me know if there are any other methods. I currently have an iPhone in which there is no app available that i know of. Thanks
(2016-05-21, 05:27)Phil181 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all! Just taken delivery of my new Q10 Pro (purchased locally from eBay in Australia). A huge thanks for all the work in this thread from @hdmkv

Now up and running side-by-side with my trusty old WD TV Streaming Media Player (that I really want to pension off.....). I can see all the advantages of Kodi and want to get into it as an avid HT addict.

Very happy with video performance and playing video files from NAS (once I changed from wifi back to Ethernet-Over-Power).

For some reason, however, I cannot bitstream any HD audio files to my Yamaha Aventage AVR via HDMI.
I made sure RAW and RAW 7.1 sound settings are correct and whilst it detects the files have TrueHD 7.1 / DTS-HD MA 7.1 or 96Khz PCM (when I press pause; it shows the file details it is playing correctly), it refuses to pass this audio stream successfully to my AVR Sad

I did update the Yamaha firmware but this made no difference (as I saw this suggestion made on the Futeko forum).

It plays standard AC3 5.1 and DTS (core) files fine (and the same video file with two audio streams can be switched from playing 5.1 to no audio 7.1, using the remote). Also plays normal FLAC files but not high bitrate SACD rips. The WD TV has bitstreamed all of these files to my AVR since 2013 (except 192Khz audio) so it was unexpected the Q10 is currently able to do this for me.

I will keep trying settings and different HDMI cables etc but does anyone here have suggestions on what else I may try to get bitstream 7.1 audio working? Have others had the same issue when first setting up? http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=793.0

I am not a novice with HT but this issue currently has me stumped for a solution. Confused

Did you install the HiMedia wrapper? If not most likely that's your problem why your not getting DTS-HD 7.1 if your playing files from within KODI.

Here is the link to the wrapper and follow the instructions carefully

http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=710.0
(2016-05-21, 08:01)gbakay Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=710.0

So...when the kodi is updated the wrapper also needs to be up updated ? reading that thread I admire the patience of some users to attempt to play some files until...the next wrapper/Kodi version comes out.
(2016-05-21, 04:11)wesk05 Wrote: [ -> ]So, it looks like Himedia has dropped Dolby Vision from their products? There is no mention of it on either the Q10 Pro or Q5 Pro descriptions.
this is last setting from beta firmware

Hisilicon should be a partner of Dolby Vision

(2016-05-21, 05:27)Phil181 Wrote: [ -> ]For some reason, however, I cannot bitstream any HD audio files to my Yamaha Aventage AVR via HDMI.

there are some issues with some yamaha and denon model.

(2016-05-21, 09:30)couto27 Wrote: [ -> ]So...when the kodi is updated the wrapper also needs to be up updated ? reading that thread I admire the patience of some users to attempt to play some files until...the next wrapper/Kodi version comes out.

no, wrapper not need update if there are no issues to fix...
Good morning,

The last evening i tried several parameters to have the same quality as my "old" Q5 4k3d, i finally activated the reality creation of my sony tv with sharpness adjustment 50% to get an image that looks like my Q5 ( before I had no need to activate the reality creation)

About the dolby vision, Himedia does not speak at all about this feature, and as wesk05 says, there is no mention on Q10/Q5 pro description...this is not a good sign.

it is an old information, i 'm not sure it is still valid.
http://www.hisilicon.com/news/news/20150907.htm
(2016-05-21, 05:27)Phil181 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all! Just taken delivery of my new Q10 Pro (purchased locally from eBay in Australia). A huge thanks for all the work in this thread from @hdmkv

What particular files are you trying to play ? Any from here ... http://kodi.wiki/view/Samples ?

I have a Yamaha Aventage AV Receiver and 192Khz audio play fine sourced from http://designwsound.com/dwsblog/recordin...s-samples/ (played with Q10 Pro "MediaCenter" App)

Sorry if this has been asked I did a search and couldn't find anything.

Does anyone know what the info button is on the himedia controller?

When playing music the info and cd art vanishess and to get it back perm you need to press info button but the himedia controller does not have one. Is there another way around this?
(2016-05-21, 11:10)looun Wrote: [ -> ]this is last setting from beta firmware
Hisilicon should be a partner of Dolby Vision

HiSilicon is a Dolby Vision partner, but that doesn't really guarantee anything when it comes to products. Is HiMedia now referring to Dolby Vision as "Other"? What is equally baffling is why HiMedia would remove all references to Dolby Vision on their website for both the products (Q10 & Q5 Pro). I can't imagine a company to be dumb that they remove the most important selling feature of their product/make their product unique in the world.
this evening i will watch my first UHD HEVC movie with the Q10 pro, i watched a sample this morning and PQ is really really good, and I 'm not sure that's necessary to use the HiVXE 2.0 Smile
Does anyone use a Harmony 650 remote for their Q10 Pro ?

If so , is it possible (and how) to program the "Info" button on the harmony to bring up the Codec info on screen ?
(2016-05-21, 15:20)UHD TV Wrote: [ -> ]What particular files are you trying to play ? Any from here ... http://kodi.wiki/view/Samples ?

I have a Yamaha Aventage AV Receiver and 192Khz audio play fine sourced from http://designwsound.com/dwsblog/recordin...s-samples/ (played with Q10 Pro "MediaCenter" App)

I have a lot of my own demos and samples extracted from various Blu-ray movies I own (and also DTS' 2016 Demo Disk Vol 20 that includes samples and 7.1 sound callout tests).
All of them bitstream perfectly from my old WD TV. None of my DTS-HD or Dolby TrueHD 5.1 or 7.1 samples play from the Q10 Pro Confused

I can use Beck's Sea Change Pure Audio to check 192Khz (but this does not play on the WD TV, whereas a 96Khz down-conversion does).

Thanks for the links to the samples. I will try some of these out using the "Media Center" player. Installing the wrapper and using Kodi has made no difference, unfortunately.
It does appear to be a possible HDMI bitstream compatibility issue between my AVR and the Q10 Pro as @looun has noted above.
(2016-05-21, 22:49)UHD TV Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone use a Harmony 650 remote for their Q10 Pro ?

If so , is it possible (and how) to program the "Info" button on the harmony to bring up the Codec info on screen ?

Best possible way is to download the Harmony software from there website for your remote, install it on your computer, connect the remote via usb cable from remote to computer and teach the harmony remote the info button from the original remote.

But I believe there are only a few buttons on a harmony remote that are programmable.

Link to software https://support.myharmony.com/en-ca/sele...20s-r-8010
(2016-05-22, 03:46)gbakay Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-21, 22:49)UHD TV Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone use a Harmony 650 remote for their Q10 Pro ?

Best possible way is to download the Harmony software from there website for your remote, install it on your computer, connect the remote via usb cable from remote to computer and teach the harmony remote the info button from the original remote.

But I believe there are only a few buttons on a harmony remote that are programmable.

Link to software https://support.myharmony.com/en-ca/sele...20s-r-8010

With the Harmony software , you can only replicate or program a button/function that is on the original remote control.

With Kodi Jarvis 16.1 if I press the "menu" button on the Q10 Pro remote , it brings up a sub menu where I can change subtitle settings etc

If I use Kodi SPMC and press the same "menu" button on the Q10 Pro remote ,it brings up the correct codec info screen that I am after, but sadly Kodi SPMC has playback issues with certain files causing major stuttering or none working passthrough issues.

So if I could actually get the Q10 Menu button working as it does for Kodi SPMC , but with Kodi Jarvis 16.1, then i wouldnt actually need my Harmony 650 at all

No because CodecInfo is available w/Kodi's videoplayer, and w/Q10 Pro, we're using the native HiSilicon player.