Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been noticing it already for a few days now , that not only the 720p stutter somehow , but also 1080p or 4k.

Just now for example , i am watching The Revenant in 4k , My Beamer goes du 4k24p , the movie runs smooth , but every like 20-30 secs i have a microstutter.

I noticed that in every Movie or TV Series i watch.

Could this be some kind of setting somewhere ? be it Himedia or Kodi ?

The Himedia is set to 24p on , 2160p24 resolution , and HDMI Shake on.
Kodi is set to Adjust display Refresh Rate ALWAYS ON

does anyone have a clue what that could be ?
I have the same problem as you, and i hope himedia will fix the issue with framerate.
strange .... why is everyone saying than that it works perfect ?
Several of us have noticed, as microstutters or frame skips, speed-ups, whatever you call it are are. Basically Q10 Pro isn't rendering 23.976 content (most movies and TV content) in true 23.976, but a slight variation off of it.
(2016-05-24, 21:06)DrPepper Wrote: [ -> ]I've been noticing it already for a few days now , that not only the 720p stutter somehow , but also 1080p or 4k.

Just now for example , i am watching The Revenant in 4k , My Beamer goes du 4k24p , the movie runs smooth , but every like 20-30 secs i have a microstutter.

this evening i tried 1080p60 with "the revenant UHD" and the movie is smooth

I noticed that in every Movie or TV Series i watch.

Could this be some kind of setting somewhere ? be it Himedia or Kodi ?

The Himedia is set to 24p on , 2160p24 resolution , and HDMI Shake on.
Kodi is set to Adjust display Refresh Rate ALWAYS ON

does anyone have a clue what that could be ?
new official firmware:

http://hd.club.tw/thread-207368-1-1.html 2F
Is that Chinese firmware or for Q10 pro 2, the firmware is the same ?
(2016-05-25, 06:48)Transit266 Wrote: [ -> ]Is that Chinese firmware or for Q10 pro 2, the firmware is the same ?

Q10Pro not the Chinese version, the Chinese version called Q10 four generations(Q10四代).
(2016-05-25, 08:16)6hzzz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-25, 06:48)Transit266 Wrote: [ -> ]Is that Chinese firmware or for Q10 pro 2, the firmware is the same ?

Q10Pro not the Chinese version, the Chinese version called Q10 four generations(Q10四代).

It's not up on official page so use at own risk.

It seems like we international customers are not as important as Chinese customers?

If I had known this upfront I would have put buying it at hold and waited for Dune with USB 3.0.
(2016-05-25, 09:42)destroyer2usa Wrote: [ -> ]

It's not up on official page so use at own risk.

It seems like we international customers are not as important as Chinese customers?

If I had known this upfront I would have put buying it at hold and waited for Dune with USB 3.0.

This is the HD CLUB Group buy welfare.:):

1) NO Chinese version and English( international) are different , No flash firmware.
2) "1.0.3 beta2 " it's beta not for end user,1.0.3 is beta status not yet released.

Himedia never releases a beta firmware , only final stable.
Please tell me most of these problems will be fixed before Q5pro launch otherwise this will be a boomerang Q5pro returning to my supplier
Realistically, no. I'd guess/hope most of the major issues should be resolved by around Fall/Autumn.
(2016-05-12, 20:13)OlivierQC Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-12, 20:10)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like DolbyVision will become like HDDVD. Nothing wrong w/it, just not getting overall studio and manufacturer support.

i agree with you

All 7 Major Hollywood Studios have signed contracts with Dolby for Dolby-Vision. And as Dolby Vision produces the better quality (scene-by-scene ) than HDR10 through their Metadata - this will be the future standard IMHO.
The only problem so far is, that the manufacturing company of the DV SoC Chips are behind and up til now, they could only deliver to some companies, like LG is one.
When it comes to rumours, next years UHD Player will have the DV Chip onboard... (oppo will probably bring one)
Dolby said, that until end of year the chips can be rolled out, and around same time, first UHD Titles will be launched with DV onboard in addition to HDR10.
I think, HDR10 is like HD-DVD and DV is like Bluray according your example - but this is only my personal point of view.
Well... HDR10 is mandatory on all UHD Blu-rays. Unless BDA changes the specifications HDR10 will continue to exist. So, I don't think it can be quite compared to HD-DVD. The there is the whole thing about availability of native 12-bit display panels to fully utilize the benefits of Dolby Vision. We are just starting to see native 10-bit panels. It is still early times for HDR...