Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-05-26, 02:49)A-Swiss Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-12, 20:13)OlivierQC Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-12, 20:10)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like DolbyVision will become like HDDVD. Nothing wrong w/it, just not getting overall studio and manufacturer support.

i agree with you

All 7 Major Hollywood Studios have signed contracts with Dolby for Dolby-Vision. And as Dolby Vision produces the better quality (scene-by-scene ) than HDR10 through their Metadata - this will be the future standard IMHO.
The only problem so far is, that the manufacturing company of the DV SoC Chips are behind and up til now, they could only deliver to some companies, like LG is one.
When it comes to rumours, next years UHD Player will have the DV Chip onboard... (oppo will probably bring one)
Dolby said, that until end of year the chips can be rolled out, and around same time, first UHD Titles will be launched with DV onboard in addition to HDR10.
I think, HDR10 is like HD-DVD and DV is like Bluray according your example - but this is only my personal point of view.

Dolby Vision seminar in Seoul
http://muritzy.tistory.com/1163

Importance thing

- 3D Color Volumes (Need certification)
- Mapping to Multiple Screens
Good Morning,

New Stock Firmware HMD-1.0.3 2016-05-23.124800

http://www.himediatech.com/support.htm
(2016-05-26, 02:49)A-Swiss Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-12, 20:13)OlivierQC Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-12, 20:10)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like DolbyVision will become like HDDVD. Nothing wrong w/it, just not getting overall studio and manufacturer support.

i agree with you

All 7 Major Hollywood Studios have signed contracts with Dolby for Dolby-Vision. And as Dolby Vision produces the better quality (scene-by-scene ) than HDR10 through their Metadata - this will be the future standard IMHO.
The only problem so far is, that the manufacturing company of the DV SoC Chips are behind and up til now, they could only deliver to some companies, like LG is one.
When it comes to rumours, next years UHD Player will have the DV Chip onboard... (oppo will probably bring one)
Dolby said, that until end of year the chips can be rolled out, and around same time, first UHD Titles will be launched with DV onboard in addition to HDR10.
I think, HDR10 is like HD-DVD and DV is like Bluray according your example - but this is only my personal point of view.

Have Dolby managed to get DV to work on live multi-camera yet? That's a major issue for deployment for broadcast - and broadcast will be a selling point for HDR as well as movies.

HLG is still worth keeping an eye on.
(2016-05-27, 12:47)OlivierQC Wrote: [ -> ]Good Morning,

New Stock Firmware HMD-1.0.3 2016-05-23.124800

http://www.himediatech.com/support.htm

Changelog:

1. Switching channel too slow issue fixed
2. Individual AAC audio tracks no passthrough issue fixed
3. Individual amplifiers unable to passthrough 7.1 channel issue fixed
4. 3D video L/R switch priority of local player malfunction fixed
5. HDR10 compatibility improved, for example, blank screen when playing Sony_4K_HDR_Camp.mp4 fixed
6. Video player malfunction after clicking Imprex fixed
7. Video and audio of local player unsynchronized after audio track switching issue fixed
8. Local media player stuck after fast forward issue fixed
9. Settings of Imprex engine of video player not saved after reboot issue fixed
10. Online playback optimized, for example, occasionally where there was sound but no image issue fixed
11. File display list of media center optimized and is able to display more content
12. Pressing Menu to enable file sorting function added in Media Center
13. Menu keys of file manager malfunction fixed
14. Clicking Wifi hotspot in the Advanced Settings malfunction fixed
15. Googleplay malfunction when searching fixed
16. WIFI and Bluetooth stability and reliability optimized
I have just installed the new firmware and can confirm it completely fixes the bitstream 7.1 audio issues with my Yamaha AVR Smile

All audio formats I have tested are now working fine, including 192Khz from Pure Audio Blu-ray. HEVC Kodi test file with DTS-HD also works fine.
Great to see Himedia getting onto it quickly so now I can start checking out Kodi properly (and 3D) Big Grin

I can also confirm the Q10 Pro manages to now perfectly play high bit-rate video files with 7.1 audio straight from my NAS (using the same Ethernet-Over-Power connection) that had stumped my old WD TV.
I'm in the office, can somebody verify if 10bit is available with the 2160p YCbCr 4.2.0 ?

because it did not work with the last f/w beta 1.0.3, it goes back to 8bit.

thanks
(2016-05-27, 15:51)Phil181 Wrote: [ -> ]I have just installed the new firmware and can confirm it completely fixes the bitstream 7.1 audio issues with my Yamaha AVR Smile

All audio formats I have tested are now working fine, including 192Khz from Pure Audio Blu-ray. HEVC Kodi test file with DTS-HD also works fine.
Great to see Himedia getting onto it quickly so now I can start checking out Kodi properly (and 3D) Big Grin

I can also confirm the Q10 Pro manages to now perfectly play high bit-rate video files with 7.1 audio straight from my NAS (using the same Ethernet-Over-Power connection) that had stumped my old WD TV.

Are you JOKING right?

Quickly? 6 Weeks I have had my q10. 6 weeks waiting for fixes to fix all the issues I have with it and TBH this firmware fixes hardly anything. Its about 1 or 2 days work by 1 engineer. 6 WEEKS. Clear lack of after support. My Q10 Pro is being return as unfit for purpose and I will go back to my pi 3 until someone releases a proper 4k box that works.
(2016-05-27, 15:53)OlivierQC Wrote: [ -> ]I'm in the office, can somebody verify if 10bit is available with the 2160p YCbCr 4.2.0 ?

because it did not work with the last f/w beta 1.0.3, it goes back to 8bit.

thanks

ok i have my answer with salalee ( forum futeko), the final FW is the same as the fw beta, video color space/ hdmi deep space and video output are not fixed
When auto frame rate will work ?
@looun: this is for magnifico's question on futeko forum regarding HDMI bandwidth. 2160p60 10-bit YCbCr 4:4:4 or RGB requires 22.28Gbps. As correctly mentioned by you, it is the TMDS bandwidth that you should be looking at in that table. You can calculate the bandwidth for any resolution/refresh rate here: http://www.extron.com/product/videotools.aspx

(3840+560) x (2160+90) x 60 (fps) x 30 (color depth) x 10/8 = 22.275Gbps. 10/8 is the overhead for TMDS 8b/10b encoding. This is also explained on the webpage from which mangifico has posted the table.
Good morning everyone

so what is your feeling about the new FW 1.0.3 ?
Good progress, just updated my review in post #1, but overall grade I think remains a B+. For me, the vertical bands issues in 3D needs fixing, and 23.976 microstutters improved to give Q10 Pro anything 'A' grade. They're getting closer and closer w/each f/w (beta and official) however.
hello hdmkv,

yes i agree with you about the vertical bands issues in 3D and micro stutters

but i do not understand why in "video output" the mode AUTO do not work and why i have color no smooth in the sky with sony camp 4k HDR.

this morning i changed my setting and i watch the first 5 minutes of the Revenant UHD, (the last week i had stuttering/freeze every 30 secondes) and now i did not see anything no stuttering or freeze, or they are very discreet.

the last evening we watched ant man mkv and i did not see stuttering or freeze.

Q10 pro
reso 2160p60hz
express X engine v2 : disable
1080p24 option disable

Sony X93C
reality creation (resolution 50)
motionflow custom mode

You're choosing 8-bit YCbCr420? In your case, as your Sony supports 10-bit, I'd try 10-bit YCbCr444, and if any issues, try 422 10-bit, then 420 10-bit. @wesk05 can comment on this, as 4K, 10-bit and HDR have made what's needed to support what a whole lot more complex.
ok but i do not have movies 10bit only 8bit ? is it better to choice 4.2.0 10bit with movie 8bit ?

10-bit YCbCr444 works i have it by default when i turn on the box with 1080p60hz