Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Huhu!

So the Q10 doesnt switch to 23,976hz under 1920*1080 which is a shame and a no go. Will they fix it yes or no? When?
And then it still stutters when switched to 23,976hz? Is that the case? Always? That would be another no go Sad

And real HDR 10 bit doesnt work or does it now?
(2016-06-14, 08:22)yusufomur Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Guys,

I have bought a Q5 Pro from China and want to upgrade it to the Eng version and use Kodi, wrapper etc. How can i manage it? Is there anyone can help me?

You can NOT, Eng and China version are different.
You can NOT, Eng and China version are different.

I know ENG and China version are different but i am looking for a way. Is there any possibility to change it from China to ENG?
@yusufomur,

Sorry but no way
(2016-06-14, 12:16)D3rdevil Wrote: [ -> ]So the Q10 doesnt switch to 23,976hz under 1920*1080 which is a shame and a no go. Will they fix it yes or no? When?
And then it still stutters when switched to 23,976hz? Is that the case? Always? That would be another no go Sad

Don't know when 23.976 will overall be fixed. We beta-testers are trying to figure out how best to show the issue to HiMedia team. Taking picture or even videos won't work. The microstutters, at least in my case, sometimes happen 2-3 times in a 2-hour movie (even 1920x1080p and above), and seem random, and can't be replicated in those same spots.

Re: HDR10, yes, works, but isn't fully there yet, as some banding is noticeable, especially in scenes with sky or other large solid parts. There's a new beta-tester f/w today w/a note "Improve the compatibility of HDMI for HDR", so HiMedia is obviously still working on this.
(2016-06-14, 14:22)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-06-14, 12:16)D3rdevil Wrote: [ -> ]So the Q10 doesnt switch to 23,976hz under 1920*1080 which is a shame and a no go. Will they fix it yes or no? When?

Don't know when 23.976 will overall be fixed. We beta-testers are trying to figure out how best to show the issue to HiMedia team. Taking picture or even videos won't work.

The microstutters, at least in my case, sometimes happen 2-3 times in a 2-hour movie (even 1920x1080p and above), and seem random, and can't be replicated in those same spots.

I agree with you, and it's not really embarrassing when i watch a movie

Re: HDR10, yes, works, but isn't fully there yet, as some banding is noticeable, especially in scenes with sky or other large solid parts. There's a new beta-tester f/w today w/a note "Improve the compatibility of HDMI for HDR", so HiMedia is obviously still working on this.

Yes and i will test Beta FW this evening with Sony camp and LG demo 4K HDR
God bless you both keep us informed Smile
Good evening,

I checked HDR10 + YCbRc 4.2.0 10Bit and 8Bit with the last beta FW 1.0.4 and the problem persists with all demo 4K HDR.

with the internal player Sony, they're work perfectly.
@ hdmkv/@looun or any one else with a Q10/Q5 Pro: Does this actually support FLAC bitstream (non-decoded FLAC) over HDMI as mentioned by Simon and another user on Futeko forums?
(2016-06-15, 04:41)wesk05 Wrote: [ -> ]@ hdmkv/@looun or any one else with a Q10/Q5 Pro: Does this actually support FLAC bitstream (non-decoded FLAC) over HDMI as mentioned by Simon and another user on Futeko forums?

The answer is Yes. It bitstream untouched Flac file to my AVR with native Music Player. You can not manipulate volume with Q10 remote, and the AVR show 92kHz or higher
(2016-06-15, 05:43)Transit266 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-06-15, 04:41)wesk05 Wrote: [ -> ]@ hdmkv/@looun or any one else with a Q10/Q5 Pro: Does this actually support FLAC bitstream (non-decoded FLAC) over HDMI as mentioned by Simon and another user on Futeko forums?

The answer is Yes. It bitstream untouched Flac file to my AVR with native Music Player. You can not manipulate volume with Q10 remote, and the AVR show 92kHz or higher
What is your AVR brand model? Just because your AVR shows 96 or 192 kHz doesn't mean that it is FLAC bitstream.
[/quote]
What is your AVR brand model? Just because your AVR shows 96 or 192 kHz doesn't mean that it is FLAC bitstream.
[/quote]

My AVR is Onkyo Base V20HD. I cannot manipulate the volume by Q10 pro remote
I take a bit research within this forum and know that FLAC bitstream is pointless by the way. Only the quality of PCM content matter
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=174678

Strange, flac bitstream is not oficially supported for HDMI.
(2016-06-15, 09:28)hansolo Wrote: [ -> ]

Strange, flac bitstream is not oficially supported for HDMI.

I think there are some misunderstandings here. Q10 pro can decode FLAC to lossless PCM (which is bit to bit) and send untouched signal to AVR. Since for Android system, if it "touches" this PCM signal, only 44.1kHz come out as many android developer forum mention this