Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Decoding and bitstreaming are different terms.
Of course decoding FLAC to lossless PCM has no negative effect, I doubt that original FLAC can be bitstreamed directly to AVR, like other supported formats (PCM, DTS, etc).
(2016-06-14, 09:37)aelfwine Wrote: [ -> ]Oi!

Quote:•The 23.976 issue has been nailed down: anything under 1920x1080 isn't auto-switching to 23.976. So, 720p is affected, as are any MKV/MP4 re-encodes at like 1920x800 (basically 2.40:1 movie with black bars excised)
•[Video] 23.976 1080p H.264 = pass, playback at proper '23.97' framerate (as my projector indicates). But, frame skips and microstutters are present at resolutions below 1920x1080 (like 720p and 1920x800 as in a re-encoded 2.40:1 aspect ratio MKV)

I thought that auto-switching to 23.976 below 1080p issue is not the same as microshuttering issue at 23.976 on any resolution. So these are 2 different issues as far as I know.

Can anyone confirm that 23.976 microshuttering ONLY occures resolutions below 1920x1080?
(2016-06-15, 02:07)OlivierQC Wrote: [ -> ]Good evening,

I checked HDR10 + YCbRc 4.2.0 10Bit and 8Bit with the last beta FW 1.0.4 and the problem persists with all demo 4K HDR.

with the internal player Sony, they're work perfectly.

Sad

Did you get a change log with the latest beta? Curious to know whats been fixed. For me changing frame rate correctly for all media is most important. 10bit HDR even though it needs to be fixed its not vital at the moment as the only media I have are demos.
(2016-06-15, 09:38)Transit266 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-06-15, 09:28)hansolo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-06-15, 04:41)wesk05 Wrote: [ -> ]@ hdmkv/@looun or any one else with a Q10/Q5 Pro: Does this actually support FLAC bitstream (non-decoded FLAC) over HDMI as mentioned by Simon and another user on Futeko forums?

Strange, flac bitstream is not oficially supported for HDMI.

I think there are some misunderstandings here. Q10 pro can decode FLAC to lossless PCM (which is bit to bit) and send untouched signal to AVR. Since for Android system, if it "touches" this PCM signal, only 44.1kHz come out as many android developer forum mention this

yes , only FLAC -> PCM with himedia music APP.

Old DTS-CD 5.1 ( *.wav ) forrmat passthrough work well, for sample.

DSD SACD : not yet supported.
(2016-06-15, 11:25)PJDavis1970 Wrote: [ -> ]

I checked HDR10 + YCbRc 4.2.0 10Bit and 8Bit with the last beta FW 1.0.4 and the problem persists with all demo 4K HDR.

Sad

Did you get a change log with the latest beta? Curious to know whats been fixed.

For me changing frame rate correctly for all media is most important. 10bit HDR even though it needs to be fixed its not vital at the moment as the only media I have are demos.

Yes i agree with you PJDavis1970, but there are issues that are faster to fix than others, the frame rate is more complicated to repair and takes longer.
(2016-06-15, 12:58)OlivierQC Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-06-15, 11:25)PJDavis1970 Wrote: [ -> ]

Sad

Did you get a change log with the latest beta? Curious to know whats been fixed.

For me changing frame rate correctly for all media is most important. 10bit HDR even though it needs to be fixed its not vital at the moment as the only media I have are demos.

Yes i agree with you PJDavis1970, but there are issues that are faster to fix than others, the frame rate is more complicated to repair and takes longer.

The actual frame rate detection should be one of the easiest. ffmpeg for example. 20 minute job to include the required library into the media player
(2016-06-15, 09:28)hansolo Wrote: [ -> ]Strange, flac bitstream is not oficially supported for HDMI.
Yeah. It is not a defined codec in IEC 61937 standards.

(2016-06-15, 12:45)looun Wrote: [ -> ]yes , only FLAC -> PCM with himedia music APP.
That is what I expected. Generally speaking, bitstream and passthrough are used synonymously these days on forums. One could say that PCM is also a bitstream.
Simon had posted this on Futeko forum:
futeko.com Wrote:Not totally sure what you mean by 'audio streams can be played without any audio equipment'. Audio can be bitstreamed via HDMI. 7.1 DTS-HD MA, TrueHD, ATMOS, DTS:X, 192Khz Flac. Pretty much anything.
This can cause some confusion.
(2016-06-15, 17:15)wesk05 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-06-15, 09:28)hansolo Wrote: [ -> ]Strange, flac bitstream is not oficially supported for HDMI.
Yeah. It is not a defined codec in IEC 61937 standards.

(2016-06-15, 12:45)looun Wrote: [ -> ]yes , only FLAC -> PCM with himedia music APP.
That is what I expected. Generally speaking, bitstream and passthrough are used synonymously these days on forums. One could say that PCM is also a bitstream.
Simon had posted this on Futeko forum:
futeko.com Wrote:Not totally sure what you mean by 'audio streams can be played without any audio equipment'. Audio can be bitstreamed via HDMI. 7.1 DTS-HD MA, TrueHD, ATMOS, DTS:X, 192Khz Flac. Pretty much anything.
This can cause some confusion.

so it's right write?
- HDMI passthrough( RAW ) 7.1: DTS-HD MA, TrueHD, ATMOS, DTS:X.
- HDMI bitstream( PCM ): 192Khz Flac.

PS: DSD is support by USB dac but it's other story.
(2016-06-15, 17:46)looun Wrote: [ -> ]so it's right write?
- HDMI passthrough( RAW ) 7.1: DTS-HD MA, TrueHD, ATMOS, DTS:X.
- HDMI bitstream( PCM ): 192Khz Flac.

PS: DSD is support by USB dac but it's other story.
I don't have a problem when some one says PCM is a bitstream, but most consumer AV devices make a distinction between bitstream (no decoding at source) vs PCM (decoded at source). So HDMI bitstream (PCM) may still be confusing. It is better to say that FLAC is decoded to PCM 16/24-bit 48/96/192 kHz.
Firmware for Q10 pro version 1.0.4 is in beta stage. Let's wait and see what is improved this time
Hi Just got the Q10 Pro, very good overall picture quality and player quality, except tried to copy mkv file from laptop to internal HDD using Samba share without password.
Even though I used GB Switched, It is very slow like 1GB for 5 minutes, even my netbook 100MB ethernet port is faster than this.
Is this samba share slow like this? Any app to make it faster using the samba share? Thanks
Hello,

here's a video that shows how to transfer movies on the internal HDD with USB 3 Key.

i use a Sony 64GB USB 3 Flash Drive (it is small and easy to handle) to transfer movies on Q10 pro’s internal HDD, and all actions ( copy,delete, etc...) are done with the button Menu.

see you
I have a basic question though, see if you can help.

Currently i have the 3D ISO files which run fine on my 1080p screen in 2D & full HD. Post buying either of the player (h8 or Q5 Pro) i will run same file on this very screen which is 3D & 1080P only (not 4K). Hope the content of these 3D ISO's will run in 3D mode. As i understand that these 3D prints have 2 x full HD prints thrown at the same time, hence just wondering that my 1080P screen should not become a bottleneck.

Thanks & Peace.
I have ordered a Q10 Pro from a local dealer. I hope i will get it in the middle of next week :-).