Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Big Grin
(2016-06-26, 10:45)looun Wrote: [ -> ]with my big surprise .... enable " Use Android Media Player" into Plex -> video setting playback HD audio and auto switch 24p (23.976hz) work without issues . Big Grin
Plex has to be relying on the same HiSilicon player right? What odd about proper 23.976 output is that I'm still finding it hard to pin down. Watched a 3D ISO movie last night all the way, and didn't notice a single microstutter or frame skip. If it was there, and I was too lost in the move to notice, it had to be very subtle. Few weeks back, watching all the 'Harry Potter' BD rips in 2D (with last 2 parts in 3D) was the same story.
(2016-06-26, 19:36)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-06-26, 10:45)looun Wrote: [ -> ]with my big surprise .... enable " Use Android Media Player" into Plex -> video setting playback HD audio and auto switch 24p (23.976hz) work without issues . Big Grin
Plex has to be relying on the same HiSilicon player right? What odd about proper 23.976 output is that I'm still finding it hard to pin down. Watched a 3D ISO movie last night all the way, and didn't notice a single microstutter or frame skip. If it was there, and I was too lost in the move to notice, it had to be very subtle. Few weeks back, watching all the 'Harry Potter' BD rips in 2D (with last 2 parts in 3D) was the same story.
i think PLEX use Android STOCK video player with work HD audio and auto switch 24p (23.976hz), like himedia and hisilicon player APP.

i watched the revenant this weekend,perfect film for test, there are lot of panora long sequence without cut ,i see lot of stutter .
Yeah, me too yesterday, with '13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi' ... noticed a # of microstutters (probably a dozen times or so) as I was looking out for them, and also trying to pay attention to the movie. The microstutters are quite subtle however, more so than with previous-gen Q5/Q10 I think, so trying to convince HiMedia team to see the issue and address it will remain a challenge.
say if i split video and audio:
video over hdmi 2.0 to 4k tv and audio over spdif to receiver (which doesnt have hdmi 2.0, only 1.4), will hd audio be work over spdif?
Nope, HD audio won't work over S/PDIF. You could use an HDMI splitter that supports 4K@60. I'm seeing several that do 4K@30, but few, at least reasonably priced, that do 4K@60 w/HDMI 2.0a and HDCP 2.2.
Just setting up my new Q5 Pro, I understand that kodi is limited beyond 5.1/1080p so I want to use the wrapper only for 4K content. I've tried to alter the playercorefactory.xml to make it work with no luck? Can anyone show me how it's done or share there XML if they have it
Alright Guys !

Got my Himedia Q5 Pro ! Shipped wihtin 1 week from China costed 150 USD with shipping.

Tried running LOTR full 3D ISO & it worked perfect, converted the TV automatically to 3D.

Though the stock KODI is not running, giving an error (1080p, 5.1). Is there any changes, updates etc. that i need to do ?

Thanks & peace !
Did my own Q5 Pro teardown...

watch gallery

Haven't had a chance to evaluate the A/V performance yet. But, in terms of h/w design, seems Q5 Pro is very similar to previous-gen Q5 4K3D. @looun, what do you think? I don't see any improved passive cooling, do you? I'm no expert on this.
(2016-07-01, 01:39)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Did my own Q5 Pro teardown...

Haven't had a chance to evaluate the A/V performance yet. But, in terms of h/w design, seems Q5 Pro is very similar to previous-gen Q5 4K3D. @looun, what do you think? I don't see any improved passive cooling, do you? I'm no expert on this.

bad news ......i very disappointed.... i not understood .. why use metal case without thermal optimization.

No thermal pad
No link between heatsink to metal case

i hope new soc have less temperature than previuus version.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

with pristi we make Kodi ADDON- Frequency Switcher for

http://www.android-mediaplayer.de/index....detection/

at the moment work only with 720/1080 resolution output and with hz:
25/50 fps -> 50hz
60 fps -> 60hz
23,976 fps -> 24hz (working progress for 23,976hz out)
24 Fps -> 24 Hz
29.970/59.940 Fps -> 60 Hz (not yet support from himedia 59.940hz out)

23,976hz out and 4k resolution need some Python development ,it's out of my knowledge, if there is someone want help ...is welcome.

we hope in the future SPMC support hisilicon soc....
Read the review and was immediately sold on this thing BUT unfortunately it's once again not for mac users...
Any mac users here?
Is there a way without windows??
Also read that I'd have to format in exFAT but isn't there not only a 2TB limit but also a 4GB file limit?
I'd like to put a 6TB hdd into a q10 with a ton of mkv's of my fully ripped blu-rays.

Help/Guidance would be greatly appreciated.
(2016-07-01, 10:36)looun Wrote: [ -> ]bad news ......i very disappointed.... i not understood .. why use metal case without thermal optimization.

No thermal pad

Thanks. Re: Q5 Pro case, that metal bottom is heavy aluminum, and seems exactly same as previous Q5 4K 3D.

Re: SPMC work for HiSilicon, any word from Koying?
(2016-07-01, 10:36)looun Wrote: [ -> ]

bad news ......i very disappointed.... i not understood .. why use metal case without thermal optimization.

No thermal pad

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

25/50 fps -> 50hz
60 fps -> 60hz
24 Fps -> 24 Hz

23,976hz out and 4k resolution need some Python development ,it's out of my knowledge, if there is someone want help ...is welcome.

Why would we need that since himedia uses wrapper
(2016-07-01, 14:35)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-07-01, 10:36)looun Wrote: [ -> ]bad news ......i very disappointed.... i not understood .. why use metal case without thermal optimization.

No thermal pad

Thanks. Re: Q5 Pro case, that metal bottom is heavy aluminum, and seems exactly same as previous Q5 4K 3D.

Re: SPMC work for HiSilicon, any word from Koying?

NO, this is the only way i have found.

he don't like himedia Q10 pro..... i suppose

(2016-07-01, 14:35)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-07-01, 10:36)looun Wrote: [ -> ]

No thermal pad

25/50 fps -> 50hz
60 fps -> 60hz
24 Fps -> 24 Hz

Why would we need that since himedia uses wrapper

do you like kodi with external player?

and Video addon work only dvdpayer
Think what @Skank is getting at is, if the refresh rate switching app is a Kodi add-on, it has no relevance on external player. And external player is presently necessary to get framepacked 3D output and 4K.

For 2D, I can see the add-on being useful, especially if 23.976 works perfectly (vs. microstutters w/external player). But, we'd need to manually choose Kodi option, via content menu, everytime we want to use it for video playback vs. wrapper/external player. Suppose we could modify wrapper's playercorefactory.xml, but not sure if that will be full proof to make sure external player is only automatically called for 3D ISO's and 4K. For example, how would code distinguish between a 3D ISO vs. a 2D ISO?