Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, them settings don't give an option for movies.
I have a question guys, does himedia support 1080p streaming??
Hello People,

Yesterday i got my q10 pro device but somehow i've got a problem with playing files from my nas with the internal player. When i play a 4k, 3d or a normal MKV movie it suddenly stops and the movie is freezing. Then i need to do a hard reset to fix it.

When i play the movie files within kodi and from my nas, then there are no problems and plays the movie well.

Does somebody has an idea what the problem could be?

Gr Sjalevaeger
I got my q10 pro yesterday.. just used it for half n hour. More usage over the weekend.. played few movies through himedia's media center.. it can directly play dolby truehd, dolby Atmos, Dts-HD content.. i have atmos receiver,hence validated.. tried Kodi, but it was d/l something so was not able to try it completely. Can anybody advise why people are using some Wrapper ? What extra are we able to achieve using this wrapper?

Sent from my Nexus 5
(2016-07-08, 11:51)Harpreetz Wrote: [ -> ]I got my q10 pro yesterday.. just used it for half n hour. More usage over the weekend.. played few movies through himedia's media center.. it can directly play dolby truehd, dolby Atmos, Dts-HD content.. i have atmos receiver,hence validated.. tried Kodi, but it was d/l something so was not able to try it completely. Can anybody advise why people are using some Wrapper ? What extra are we able to achieve using this wrapper?

Sent from my Nexus 5

So you are definitely using the Kodi player and not the Himedia player? People told me it will not play any of the HD audio formats. Can you also confirm if it will play 3D ISO files in 3D because that would make it complete.
(2016-07-09, 04:00)smuller Wrote: [ -> ]Sent from my Nexus 5

So you are definitely using the Kodi player and not the Himedia player? People told me it will not play any of the HD audio formats. Can you also confirm if it will play 3D ISO files in 3D because that would make it complete.
Suggest you re-read the excellent summary on Page 1 of this thread Angel
@hdmkv has spent a lot of time and effort compiling and updating (and this is greatly appreciated).

The Q10 Pro plays all HD 7.1 audio formats, including FLAC and PCM up to 192KHz. Also SACD and 3D MVC framepacked .iso files.
It uses a "Wrapper" from within Kodi to shell out to the built-in media player (almost seamlessly) so all this works correctly.
(2016-07-09, 06:01)Phil181 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-07-09, 04:00)smuller Wrote: [ -> ]Sent from my Nexus 5

Suggest you re-read the excellent summary on Page 1 of this thread Angel
@hdmkv has spent a lot of time and effort compiling and updating (and this is greatly appreciated).

The Q10 Pro plays all HD 7.1 audio formats, including FLAC and PCM up to 192KHz. Also SACD and 3D MVC framepacked .iso files.
It uses a "Wrapper" from within Kodi to shell out to the built-in media player (almost seamlessly) so all this works correctly.

Sorry read it wrong thought he was talking about the Kodi player and that doesn't support the HD audio formats....
new HI Frequency Switcher addon 3.3.2
- bug fix
- NEW debug info with system infromation

and working in progress.... HiPQTools ( video engine ) pop-up windows into DVDplayer Eek
Hello,

I recently bought a HiMedia Q10 pro. Everything works fine except for a couple of things.

- DVD Video_TS folders are not being played properly by the HiMedia videoplayer in Kodi.

- Photo's played with the HiMedia Media Center are all shown as landscape, even though they are portrait on my server. (Kodi shows them properly).

Anyone else noticed these?
New version of addon script.video.fswitch_HMD_3.3.3.zip

- HiPQTools key map for PQSetting pop-up windows

thanks to pcristi ​

PlayBack

Regarding that one here:
"There is no DolbyVision on Q10 Pro as previously advertised. HiMedia ought to apologize for this, but as DolbyVision is actually intended for premium streaming, which Q10 Pro can't do anyway above SD-quality Tested a couple of DolbyVision videos on Q10 Pro and they play well and look great, so color me surprised"

Do you have a Dolby Vision OLED (or is there a DV LCD already? ^^)? If not you cant test it properly. Would be great if the Q10 could handle DV!
Unless you have the DV chip installed in the box, currently there is no way to decode the DV signal. However that doesn't mean you can't play the content in non-DV mode, which is what I suspect is happening.
My comment on Dolby Vision was that DV videos play, but not in wide color gamut, with rec 2020 color space.
Speaking of which, I've noticed with testing Android Marshmallow on the WeTek Hub, there is now a "Deep Color" option (or similar).
I've been told there are noticeable color improvements for some displays, with this option turned on.

What is the difference between this Deep Color and the Wide Gamut Color mentioned, or are they one and the same thing ?
I already posted something but since nobody responded I will just try again...

Are there any mac users here?
Is there a way to get the Q10 and put in an HDD with 6 or 8TB and copy movies etc onto it from a mac?

I have a Popcorn Hour A-210 right now and it works great but I'm tired of the UI so I wanna become a HiMediaER Big Grin

Currently all my HDD's are formated Mac Journaled but I've read about several programs making it possible to read/write/format NTFS on a mac.