Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-09-19, 10:13)futeko Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-18, 15:57)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the info, but Hardware devices in that thread are being compared to what remote control ships with the Box. Like for like.
WeTek for example also has an App that mirrors the screen and provides extra functions too. That is also not included in that thread.

Then there are a bunch of users that simply want One single remote control in one Hand (myself included), Beer in the other, and don't want to stuff around with Phones or Tablets, draining batteries, and dropping into annoying sleep modes just to simply control a Android media player properly.

This is the exact reason Android TV OS was invented, for simple sensible big screen TV Apps control.

The Hicontrol remote app is excellent, free, and widely used. I think you are wrong to focus purely on the IR remote (which is also pretty good, albeit not a combined keyboard/pointing device).
Went searching for "Hicontrol remote app iPhone"...as I wanted to see what was available..

http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=116.0
Quote:futeko.com
The best way to control the Q5 (or Q10, M3 or any Android box) is a wireless mouse or other pointing device. Unless you plan on doing a lot of typing a mouse works great. Most mice are compatible and we sell a few airmice/trackpads. The Rii Mini i8+ is a great product. http://www.futeko.com/browse.php?cat=rem

There is no iPhone app for the Q5. If you had an Android device then the HiControl app (http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php...104#msg104) does exactly what you require, but HiMedia have no plans for an iOS version.

There are various Kodi remotes available for iOS which will work with Kodi on the Q5. e.g. this official one: http://kodi.wiki/view/Official_Kodi_Remote/iOS
So no Hicontrol iPhone App, no RF Air Mouse / Keyboard, that should be included in a relatively expensive Q10 media player package and you want to upsell airmice/trackpads to HiMedia purchasers due to this essential, missing remote control functionality.
I don't think I need to take this any further.

Don't feel singled out here as WeTek have no iOS WeControl App either, despite repeated requests.
I don't sell airmice/trackpads at all (not for ~ 2 years) so please don't accuse me of wanting 'to upsell airmice/trackpads to HiMedia purchasers due to this essential, missing remote control functionality.' - this is simply not true.

The quote you take from my forum is several years old and is regarding previous generation HiMedia products.

Some of the airmice included with cheap Android boxes are unusable pieces of junk.. With HiMedia customers get a basic but good quality IR remote and the option to use a free Android remote mirroring app. A mouse/keyboard is not essential but if they want to add one they can. Some customers prefer trackpads, some prefer airmice, some use a full keyboard+mouse. Many customers will have such devices already.
I use the popular and fairly cheap Logitech K400 keyboard, which is very handy with any Android box and Kodi, especially during initial set-up of both.

With regard to the original HiMedia remote, only key I wish it had (so I could program it into my Harmony) is 'Stop'. @pcristi mentioned this in an e-mail reply to me, but I don't quite understand the steps to program 'Stop' or other commands not present on the stock remote...

Quote:Pressing ‘stop’ YES is a true video stop in Kodi, not back.
Same for << and >> you can get seed play with HiMediaVideoPlayer -32x, x16 ..1x, 2x, 4x...32x

Between via adb shell can reprogramming IR remote code for all most any IR remote from market. Use ir_user for read need it code

Original HiMedia code from /system/etc/key.xml
<himedia-key>
<key value="0xba45ef10" name="KEY_UP" />
<key value="0xaa55ef10" name="KEY_DOWN" />
<key value="0xf807ef10" name="KEY_LEFT" />
<key value="0xfe01ef10" name="KEY_RIGHT" />
<key value="0xbe41ef10" name="KEY_ENTER" />
<key value="0xff00ef10" name="KEY_BACK" />
<key value="0xfa05ef10" name="KEY_MENU" />
<key value="0xa25def10" name="KEY_POWER" />
<key value="0x847bef10" name="KEY_POWER" />
<key value="0xb946ef10" name="KEY_HOME" />
<key value="0xe817ef10" name="KEY_VOLUMEUP" />
<key value="0xec13ef10" name="KEY_VOLUMEDOWN" />
<key value="0xa857ef10" name="KEY_MUTE" />
<key value="0xaf50ef10" name="KEY_1" />
<key value="0xad52ef10" name="KEY_2" />
<key value="0xef10ef10" name="KEY_3" />
<key value="0xb34cef10" name="KEY_4" />
<key value="0xb54aef10" name="KEY_5" />
<key value="0xee11ef10" name="KEY_6" />
<key value="0xf00fef10" name="KEY_7" />
<key value="0xb14eef10" name="KEY_8" />
<key value="0xf20def10" name="KEY_9" />
<key value="0xb04fef10" name="KEY_0" />
<key value="0xe51aef10" name="KEY_F1" />
<key value="0xa758ef10" name="KEY_F2" />
<key value="0xa35cef10" name="KEY_F3" />
<key value="0xe21def10" name="KEY_F4" />
<key value="0xbd42ef10" name="KEY_SEARCH" />
<key value="0xbf40ef10" name="KEY_REWIND" />
<key value="0xe31cef10" name="KEY_FORWARD" />
<key value="0xa45bef10" name="KEY_STOP" />
<key value="0xf708ef10" name="KEY_SETUP" />
<key value="0xbb44ef10" name="KEY_INFO" />
<key value="0xfb04ef10" name="KEY_9" />
<key value="0xab54ef10" name="KEY_7" />
<key value="0xa659ef10" name="KEY_PLAYPAUSE" />
<key value="0xe41Bef10" name="KEY_PLAYPAUSE" />
<key value="0xea15ef10" name="KEY_PAGEDOWN" />
<key value="0xeb14ef10" name="KEY_PAGEUP" />
<key value="0xa05fef10" name="KEY_FN_2" />
<key value="0xfd02ef10" name="KEY_REDO" />
<key value="0xe11eef10" name="KEY_EJECTCLOSECD" />
<key value="0xf30cef10" name="KEY_ZOOMIN" />
<key value="0X9B64EF10" name="KEY_FN_S" />
<key value="0xB44BEF10" name="KEY_FN_S" />
<key value="0xa55aef10" name="KEY_FN_S" />
<key value="0xa15eef10" name="KEY_BACKSPACE" />
<key value="0xa55aef10" name="KEY_F5" />
<key value="0x9f60ef10" name="KEY_TV" />
<key value="0x9e61ef10" name="KEY_F4" />
<key value="0x9d62ef10" name="KEY_SOUND" />
<key value="0x9c63ef10" name="KEY_CAMERA" />
<key value="0xb748ef10" name="KEY_NUMERIC_STAR" />
<key value="0xf609ef10" name="KEY_RATIO" />
<key value="0xb649ef10" name="KEY_EPG" />
<key value="0x9867ef10" name="KEY_ONLINE" />
<key value="0xe916ef10" name="KEY_RECORD" />
<key value="0x9966ef10" name="KEY_TIMER" />
<key value="0xae51ef10" name="KEY_3D" />
</himedia-key>
(2016-09-19, 14:46)futeko Wrote: [ -> ]I don't sell airmice/trackpads at all so please don't accuse me of wanting 'to upsell airmice/trackpads to HiMedia purchasers due to this essential, missing remote control functionality.' - this is simply not true.
I apologise if that term is wrong. But maybe you should actually upsell/sidesell/downsell whatever - nicely working Physical AirMice / Keyboards / Trackpads that are known to work properly with HiMedia to make up for the deficiencies coming out of the factory. But even then Apps like Netflix are pretty painful to use with Air Mice compared to the equivalent Netflix on Android TV OS.

HiMedia now have a number of products on the Android Market - the Q10 at the premium end of the price spectrum. So more is expected.
They should at least think about their own integrated branded, physical controller solutions that work nicely with their products, rather than having to rely on 3rd parties to meet that need.
If MINIX can offer this to customers and pretty shortly WeTek as well, along with a number of competitors, it seems a shame to not offer potential HiMedia purchasers a total solution out of the box.
(2016-09-19, 10:13)futeko Wrote: [ -> ]The Hicontrol remote app is excellent, free, and widely used. I think you are wrong to focus purely on the IR remote (which is also pretty good, albeit not a combined keyboard/pointing device).

Yes the Hicontrol remote app is great, but it would be nice if there where an iOS app, I know there many iPhone and iPad users!
(2016-09-19, 14:56)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]I use the popular and fairly cheap Logitech K400 keyboard, which is very handy with any Android box and Kodi, especially during initial set-up of both.

With regard to the original HiMedia remote, only key I wish it had (so I could program it into my Harmony) is 'Stop'. @pcristi mentioned this in an e-mail reply to me, but I don't quite understand the steps to program 'Stop' or other commands not present on the stock remote...

Quote:Pressing ‘stop’ YES is a true video stop in Kodi, not back.
Same for << and >> you can get seed play with HiMediaVideoPlayer -32x, x16 ..1x, 2x, 4x...32x

Between via adb shell can reprogramming IR remote code for all most any IR remote from market. Use ir_user for read need it code

Original HiMedia code from /system/etc/key.xml
<himedia-key>
<key value="0xba45ef10" name="KEY_UP" />
<key value="0xaa55ef10" name="KEY_DOWN" />
<key value="0xf807ef10" name="KEY_LEFT" />
<key value="0xfe01ef10" name="KEY_RIGHT" />
<key value="0xbe41ef10" name="KEY_ENTER" />
<key value="0xff00ef10" name="KEY_BACK" />
<key value="0xfa05ef10" name="KEY_MENU" />
<key value="0xa25def10" name="KEY_POWER" />
<key value="0x847bef10" name="KEY_POWER" />
<key value="0xb946ef10" name="KEY_HOME" />
<key value="0xe817ef10" name="KEY_VOLUMEUP" />
<key value="0xec13ef10" name="KEY_VOLUMEDOWN" />
<key value="0xa857ef10" name="KEY_MUTE" />
<key value="0xaf50ef10" name="KEY_1" />
<key value="0xad52ef10" name="KEY_2" />
<key value="0xef10ef10" name="KEY_3" />
<key value="0xb34cef10" name="KEY_4" />
<key value="0xb54aef10" name="KEY_5" />
<key value="0xee11ef10" name="KEY_6" />
<key value="0xf00fef10" name="KEY_7" />
<key value="0xb14eef10" name="KEY_8" />
<key value="0xf20def10" name="KEY_9" />
<key value="0xb04fef10" name="KEY_0" />
<key value="0xe51aef10" name="KEY_F1" />
<key value="0xa758ef10" name="KEY_F2" />
<key value="0xa35cef10" name="KEY_F3" />
<key value="0xe21def10" name="KEY_F4" />
<key value="0xbd42ef10" name="KEY_SEARCH" />
<key value="0xbf40ef10" name="KEY_REWIND" />
<key value="0xe31cef10" name="KEY_FORWARD" />
<key value="0xa45bef10" name="KEY_STOP" />
<key value="0xf708ef10" name="KEY_SETUP" />
<key value="0xbb44ef10" name="KEY_INFO" />
<key value="0xfb04ef10" name="KEY_9" />
<key value="0xab54ef10" name="KEY_7" />
<key value="0xa659ef10" name="KEY_PLAYPAUSE" />
<key value="0xe41Bef10" name="KEY_PLAYPAUSE" />
<key value="0xea15ef10" name="KEY_PAGEDOWN" />
<key value="0xeb14ef10" name="KEY_PAGEUP" />
<key value="0xa05fef10" name="KEY_FN_2" />
<key value="0xfd02ef10" name="KEY_REDO" />
<key value="0xe11eef10" name="KEY_EJECTCLOSECD" />
<key value="0xf30cef10" name="KEY_ZOOMIN" />
<key value="0X9B64EF10" name="KEY_FN_S" />
<key value="0xB44BEF10" name="KEY_FN_S" />
<key value="0xa55aef10" name="KEY_FN_S" />
<key value="0xa15eef10" name="KEY_BACKSPACE" />
<key value="0xa55aef10" name="KEY_F5" />
<key value="0x9f60ef10" name="KEY_TV" />
<key value="0x9e61ef10" name="KEY_F4" />
<key value="0x9d62ef10" name="KEY_SOUND" />
<key value="0x9c63ef10" name="KEY_CAMERA" />
<key value="0xb748ef10" name="KEY_NUMERIC_STAR" />
<key value="0xf609ef10" name="KEY_RATIO" />
<key value="0xb649ef10" name="KEY_EPG" />
<key value="0x9867ef10" name="KEY_ONLINE" />
<key value="0xe916ef10" name="KEY_RECORD" />
<key value="0x9966ef10" name="KEY_TIMER" />
<key value="0xae51ef10" name="KEY_3D" />
</himedia-key>

I also have a Harmony 950 and it would be nice to have this functionality. But my guess is you have to pass the raw code for the stop command on to Logitech staff. Ask this to pcristi. They can access to your account and, if I'm not wrong, can add customized IR codes to your configuration. Then synchronize your remote with MyHarmony app and you're done. Let me know if you're successful.

I hope this helps.
(2016-09-19, 03:04)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]All white. Are you looking for a way to dim or disable the lights? My Q10 Pro is behind a closet, so bothers me not... but if yours is on a rack under a TV, I could see the LED lights being a nuisance.

No, it's not nuisance. I was asking because I noticed that touckeys have a different light respect other leds and I wanted to get this curiosity.
bored about missing STOP button into himedia irda remote. Undecided
I have thinking about a simple solution:the button 0 (zero) on remote is not used ,so why not switch KEY mapping button between 0 (zero) to STOP .
i have change the KEY map file ,so now every time you press ZERO with remote himediavideoplayer STOP playback Big Grin , or any application like music, kodi, youtube ecc..

version:
- 0.1 first version
key_map_0.1_beta.rar

simple:
- download file
- unzip
- duble click run_me
- insert IP address
- himedia reboot

done!
Excellent! Added to post #1.
@looun: You've swapped codes for KEY_STOP and KEY_0 commands, so the '0' button is now mapped to the KEY_STOP function and vice versa, the virtual 'STOP' button is mapped to the KEY_0 function (with no effect, I suppose). But what about if you want to type the '0' character in an app with text input? The new command would be 'stop' when you press '0'.

And you've changed KEY_INFO and KEY_TV too, but new assignment is KEY_INFO <= KEY_1 which will have no effect, I suppose too. The same for KEY_TV <= KEY_3. Are these reserved for future use?

Finally, why do non-existent buttons are included in this table and what are those hexadecimal values?

Thanks for your explanations.
(2016-09-20, 02:58)boblo Wrote: [ -> ]@looun: You've swapped codes for KEY_STOP and KEY_0 commands, so the '0' button is now mapped to the KEY_STOP function and vice versa, the virtual 'STOP' button is mapped to the KEY_0 function (with no effect, I suppose). But what about if you want to type the '0' character in an app with text input? The new command would be 'stop' when you press '0'.

should be nice to have, we have try to ask to himedia a APP to config mapping key to function ,but without response. So i do by myself.

(2016-09-20, 02:58)boblo Wrote: [ -> ]And you've changed KEY_INFO and KEY_TV too, but new assignment is KEY_INFO <= KEY_1 which will have no effect, I suppose too. The same for KEY_TV <= KEY_3. Are these reserved for future use?

experiment.... Big Grin
i have also switch 4 with KEY_SETUP( go to androrid setting ), but is not usefull

(2016-09-20, 02:58)boblo Wrote: [ -> ]inally, why do non-existent buttons are included in this table and what are those hexadecimal values?

mistery....
(2016-09-20, 10:21)looun Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-20, 02:58)boblo Wrote: [ -> ]inally, why do non-existent buttons are included in this table and what are those hexadecimal values?

mistery....
I think those keys not present on the stock remote could be present on third-party multimedia keyboards. Those hexadecimal values could be IR codes... I'm just speculating. It would be nice to test if an user with a keyboard with the stop button (or another button not included in the stock remote) can use it with his HiMedia.
(2016-09-20, 15:53)boblo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-20, 10:21)looun Wrote: [ -> ]

mistery....
I think those keys not present on the stock remote could be present on third-party multimedia keyboards. Those hexadecimal values could be IR codes... I'm just speculating. It would be nice to test if an user with a keyboard with the stop button (or another button not included in the stock remote) can use it with his HiMedia.

Simple explanation is :
Quote:one key.xml for all Android HiMedia/OEM device sale in last 3 years. Like you already know are many Chinese version of box with different IR remote that international version. Some HiMedia customer have special request, for launcher / TV streaming / DVB tuner and other witch I not observed.
Does HDR label on these boxes (Himedia Q10 and Zidoo X9S) mean anything?
On Q10 Pro, believe @OlivierQC tested w/his Sony HDR TV, and it indicated HDR mode engaged. One of @mirror88's screenshots shows similar for Zidoo X9S. Wish I had a HDR-capable display to verify.