Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can't comment on the HiMedia, i did ask a few days ago if anybody thought this was better than the Zidoo, that i can comment on.
The Ziddo native player picture quality is way better than the Nvidia Shield at any resolution, it really is a premium picture... it is just so frustratingly full of bugs.
None of these Android boxes run properly and i include the shield in that.
I wish the chip developers would release kernel for them to run Openelec, now a fork of that with MVC and true hardware chip support would be so much better than Android.
(2016-11-26, 14:53)shepardos Wrote: [ -> ]Has anybody compared the Nvidia Shield with HiMedia 10/5 pro in terms of the picture qualtiy? I search a box which makes a proper Autoframerate and Auto resolution switching 1080p to 2160p? Basically RAW output to the display devices without any scaling or other adjustments.

Any Feedback if the HiMedia are the better Media Player devices for Local high quality NAS streaming?
The Kodi Video Purists were complaining a while back that the HiSilicon's Imprex 2.0 Video Processing Engine on the Q5/10 could not be full turned off for RAW output.
I'm not sure if there has been any progress on this with the Android Nougat 7.0 Firmware update, but it pays to ask the question.
(2016-11-25, 20:31)tmihai20 Wrote: [ -> ]@looun: the way apps are allowed to run commands is changed in Android N. That command changes something in the system or at least Android is seeing it that way. I do not have any Android coding skills, maybe someone else can help here.

if edit AndroidManifest.xml into kodi apk?
with:
Code:
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.HI_SYSTEM_MANAGER_SERVICE"/>

I do not know how... Confused

(2016-11-27, 03:55)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-26, 14:53)shepardos Wrote: [ -> ]Has anybody compared the Nvidia Shield with HiMedia 10/5 pro in terms of the picture qualtiy? I search a box which makes a proper Autoframerate and Auto resolution switching 1080p to 2160p? Basically RAW output to the display devices without any scaling or other adjustments.

Any Feedback if the HiMedia are the better Media Player devices for Local high quality NAS streaming?
The Kodi Video Purists were complaining a while back that the HiSilicon's Imprex 2.0 Video Processing Engine on the Q5/10 could not be full turned off for RAW output.
I'm not sure if there has been any progress on this with the Android Nougat 7.0 Firmware update, but it pays to ask the question.
the question is not clear : compare picture quality or Basically RAW output Huh
the answer maybe the same shield not have video engine enhancement himedia have video engine post processing.
which is better is long story.... different people ....different country ....different priority chose one or the other.

X9s is not clear if have video engine post processing, but have good picture quality.
Hi all,
i'm hoping i'm in the right section, otherwise i beg you pardon and i ask the moderator to move my message in the correct thread.

I've just upgraded my 10 years old JVC HD1 with a new JVC X7000 (the name here in Europe).

I've also upgraded my mediaplayer (an old PopCorn Hour C400) with a new Himedia Q10 PRO also to test some 4k files..

A week ago i play a 4k movie with the following specifications:

Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : [email protected]
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 5 frames
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Duration : 2 h 21 min
Bit rate : 43.6 Mb/s
Width : 3 840 pixels
Height : 1 600 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 2.40:1
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.296
Stream size : 43.1 GiB (87%)

and it works..

Unfortunately i'm not sure about the output settings of the Himedia Q10 Pro.. (1080p 24fps or 4k 24fps)

Yesterday i try to watch again the same movie setting to 4k 24fps the output of HIMEDIA Q10 PRO,
but roughly every 1 minute and 24 seconds the image disappear and it took roughly 10 seconds to come back.

So it's really impossible to see any 4k films with the Himedia Q10 Pro set to 4k 24fps..

unfortunatelly i'm not sure if this problem is new or if it was present since the first tests i've made two weeks ago..

If i watch the same movie but setting the output of the HIMEDIA Q10 PRO to 1080p 24 fps it work fine..

If i watch a 24 fps 1080p file setting the output of the Q10 PRO to 24fps 1080p it works perfectly.

If i watch a 24fps 1080p file setting the output of the Q10 PRO to 24fps 4k the problem occur again roughly every 1 minute and 24 seconds...

If i watch a 50fps 4k file it work without problem

So it seems that the problem is with 4k 24fps output (MediaPlayer) or 4k 24fps (Projector) input..

Any one has encountered this kind of problem..?
And upon your opinion it could be a MediaPlayer problem or a Projector problem...?

Unfortunately i've no other source that can play 4k files to check if the problem is on the Media Player side..
and no other 4k capable projector to test if is the X7000 that has some problem...

Thank you for the time you dedicate in reading and trying to helping me fix this strange issue..

jvc_x7000
Strange here those files plays perfect on my HiMedia Q10 Pro!
I've made other test and it seems that the problem could be the cable..
When the problem goes on i detach and then re attach the cable and the problem stop.
I noticed also that when the problem is on pressing the info button on the JVC X7000 remote i read "BIT color : 10"
when the problem is not present the filed related to "BIT Color" is empty and the label "BIT Color" is in grey... Huh
Waiting for hdmkv nougat update Big GrinBig Grin
(2016-12-03, 00:00)jvc_x7000 Wrote: [ -> ]When the problem goes on i detach and then re attach the cable and the problem stop.

i hope you do not do that procedure with any device turn on.
Even in standby mode the HDMI Pin 18 carries a low-voltage (+5V) and if someone removes the HDMI cable runs the risk to burn the Hdmi port.

Its always advisable to buy Hdmi for reputable manufacturers, they are less prone to failures due better quality check, and theres a lot of things that can fail in some 5$ or 50$ HDMI cable.

RiCo97 from 4pda.ru/forum:

"The Chinese have made it clear that work on the implementation of full bd menu. In Vietnam, they have some kind of exclusive representation, so they are the first test this function (menu bd)"(google tranlsate).
(2016-12-03, 13:02)couto27 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-03, 00:00)jvc_x7000 Wrote: [ -> ]When the problem goes on i detach and then re attach the cable and the problem stop.

i hope you do not do that procedure with any device turn on.
Even in standby mode the HDMI Pin 18 carries a low-voltage (+5V) and if someone removes the HDMI cable runs the risk to burn the Hdmi port.

Its always advisable to buy Hdmi for reputable manufacturers, they are less prone to failures due better quality check, and theres a lot of things that can fail in some 5$ or 50$ HDMI cable.

Thank you for your info.
I'll follow your suggestion.
This Friday it should arrive to me a new X7000 and i'll make some test in order to check where is the source of the problem...
@hdmkv, did you try this nougat builid yet?
No, having problems w/N. Soon as I install the stepstone f/w, network connectivity dies for me. Going to proper 2.0 f/w doesn't fix it. Had to downgrade to 1.0.8. Seems my unit is faulty?

There's a new Android L 1.0.9 f/w today.
Ahhh, wondered why we hadn't heard from you.
after switching to the new SDK they wil fix alot other problems in A5 and A7
example the micro shutter 24hz->23.97
Hello Guys..

Need some pointer here.
Whats the best way to transfer your media from your desktop to Q10 pro ?

i am currently transferring the data over the network(wifi), however, i am only getting 2 or 3mbps, so you understand the time its taking for copy/paste operations.
I am using Win7 at the moment on my desktop.