Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Playing controls do not show
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

This must a very simple thing to solve. I do not know exactly how and when, but the controls while playing (play, pause, stop, etc.) do not show in my Kodi for Android. How can I put them back? They used to be there but since a couple of days ago they do not appear.

Thank you in advance.
Settings -> Videos -> Acceleration -> disable only "media codec (surface)"
Yes, that did work, thank you!
Sorry to be back to this but now it is disabled and they have gone again. Any idea about what can be wrong?

Thank you again!
I'm not sure. Can you get us a debug log (wiki) of when you play something back?
Again sorry for the late reply. When I have tried again the controls were there so I don't know what happened that day but it works fine now.
Thank you again!
(2016-03-28, 05:05)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Settings -> Videos -> Acceleration -> disable only "media codec (surface)"

A little offtopic - what "media codec surface" is intended to do? If it's disabled, my video decoding is still hardware accelerated and cpu load is not higher.. What are benefits to keep that option enabled?
(2016-04-18, 10:49)giaur Wrote: [ -> ]A little offtopic - what "media codec surface" is intended to do? If it's disabled, my video decoding is still hardware accelerated and cpu load is not higher.. What are benefits to keep that option enabled?

4K + a bit less CPU usage.
Due to the fact that kodi has zero control, you loose a bunch of goodies, though.
I am succeded to play 4k dci, hevc encoded with hanbrake without any problem with that option disabled. Playback is smooth and enabling surface mediacodec makes no difference with cpu usage. At least on Rockchip.
It makes no difference regarding playing a 4K file, but it makes a difference regarding whether you video is actually displayed in 4K end-to-end Wink
See http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=261768

Not like many can make the difference between true 4K and downscaled-upscaled on a < 75" TV, though Big Grin
(2016-04-18, 14:09)Koying Wrote: [ -> ]Not like many can make the difference between true 4K and downscaled-upscaled on a < 75" TV
Very true, but I can zoom video without quality loss, this can be useful even on 1080p tv