Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amazon VOD via Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Go easy on me Wink. I've only recently returned to Windows, as MVC 3D was added, after some years of OpenELEC and Android.

I'm running Kodi 17 MVC builds (via link above), and trying to figure out the best way to use Amazon VOD (Instant, Prime) via Kodi. I've already used Chrome to play Amazon Prime content in full 1080p HD, but how do I make this work via Kodi? Reason I ask is I have my Intel NUC auto-launching Kodi upon start-up.

Thanks for any guidance guys.
(2016-03-28, 01:01)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Go easy on me Wink. I've only recently returned to Windows, as MVC 3D was added, after some years of OpenELEC and Android.

I'm running Kodi 17 MVC builds (via link above), and trying to figure out the best way to use Amazon VOD (Instant, Prime) via Kodi. I've already used Chrome to play Amazon Prime content in full 1080p HD, but how do I make this work via Kodi? Reason I ask is I have my Intel NUC auto-launching Kodi upon start-up.

Thanks for any guidance guys.

Do a search for "Amazon Prime video-addon." I found one that is no longer maintained. There may be one out there that is still functional.

Video add-ons are the primary way to add features such as these to core Kodi. Unfortunately, these add-ons are maintained by almost anyone, and they may or not work forever.
Also, like Netflix, the quality may be reduced if you do not use the official app.
The best option I've founded is PlayOn. It's a separate program that runs on a PC (either the one on which you have Kodi or another). You have to pay a little extra for the HD version, but it does work well. PlayOn advertises itself via uPnP, so you can browse and play videos in Kodi (any platform) just by pointing it to the PlayOn uPnP instance.
with kodi 17 its possible to player drm encryptet html5 content direct within kodi (with new inputstream.mpd-addon). means sooner or later amazon/netflix and other will be possible within kodi. at the moment there is a german amazon addon that works that way. but this is marked as expirimental (and i dont know if this addon works for us-amazon) because at the moment there is a lot of development/changes for kodis new videoplayer and the inputstream-addon.
http://www.kodinerds.net/index.php/Threa...erimental/

you have to wait 1 month or a little longer...
Thanks all. What I was wondering is if there's a way to launch Chrome via Kodi... but, @Ed76, the revived Amazon add-on solution you linked to sounds more promising.