Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Multi-part movies still separate?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got the multi-part movie piece to work. It detects the files as stacked, and the play time also displays a total time based on both parts. However, the chapters (bookmarks?) displayed are only for the current part. The numbering seems to continue properly from Part1 to Part2. I also can't fast forward by chapter between the 2 parts. I did check that make sure that the second part plays properly in sequence and it does. Is all this expected behavior?
I always found the multi part thing a pita. Better to join the parts and be done with it.
I don't think the feature was made with chapters in mind. It came from a time when people did things like, use two CD-R's for one video, sometimes in AVI format for some VCD format, then they ripped that (as one example). Things like a movie between two DVDs, which does have chapters, were less common (but do exist).

A lot of stuff like that is weird with multi-part videos. I guess it should be considered a bug, but I don't know if it will be a high priority.
(2016-03-28, 05:28)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]I always found the multi part thing a pita. Better to join the parts and be done with it.

I had heard joining parts together produced bad results. A/V sync issues, suntitle problems, etc. Is that relic of the past?