Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No more Android support?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know this has been talked about all over the board but I'd like to get a clear answer if it's possible.

Is Android going to be supported going forward? I had a bad experience with my IDROIDNATION Android box, bad artifacts, and not a lot of help getting rid of them. My bad for not looking here first. But then I bought an nVidia Shield and SPMC is perfect, fast, sharp, clear. I love it. I'd like to get a couple more. But if you guys are not going to keep supporting it I won't sink $600 into it, I'll look in a different direction. I know Koying is doing his awesome stuff with SPMC but then there are people who say that none of that will be in Kodi v17; and who knows if Koying will want to keep up his work.

I'd like to keep going with the nVidia Shield, as I said, but I hope there is a clear answer from the Kodi Team on whether or not this is a good idea for the long term (eventually getting HDR to work, 4k, etc...).

Thanks
deaded
Whatever it may be called, whoever might do the work, there will be some form of Kodi for Android for the foreseeable future.
So nobody on the "Team" wants to weigh in? Ok. I understand. When people ask me about the future in my job I don't like to commit either. I'll just use my best judgement, which is to stick with the Shield for the time being.