Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-09-20, 09:31)afedchin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-09-20, 09:16)NoTechi Wrote: [ -> ]Do we know already if the xbox release will have MVC playback? Big Grin

NoTechi
no, will not. at least before ffmpeg will do support DXVA mvc decoder

Thanks for the info afedchin! So even with xbox Kodi released I will still need my NUC for 3D. In other words many thanks to keep this Kodi fork alive Smile

NoTechi
(2017-09-21, 11:14)rewsteruk Wrote: [ -> ]@afedchin @hdmkv

Thanks for the new build. After a quick test, the Sep 8 build switches the TV to 3D mode but plays in 2D. It appears to be 17.5RC1

I tried installing the 21 Mar build and extracting the kodi.exe from the 8 Sep build and adding to the c:\Program Files(x86)\Kodi folder, leaving the patched ffmpeg intact, so it is possible that the kodi.exe has not been compiled with the patches to switch 3D with ffmpeg.

This is the same effect if you extract kodi.exe from a non-MVC build, the interface is in 3D but the video is in 2D.

I put the full 21 Mar back on and 3D works fine again.

Same problem here.
Okay, thanks guys, haven't had time to test. Noted in post #1.
(2017-09-20, 10:42)rewsteruk Wrote: [ -> ]@afedchin. Why did ffmpeg not accept your patches for an official H264 codec extension (MVC)? You would think an open source project would jump at the chance to accept new features.
these patches aren't mine. They don't add mvc decoding, they just add a possibility to detect h264_mvc extension stream and more accurate pts processing. I don't follow ffmpeg history, may be author of these patches already sent them to mainline.

(2017-09-22, 00:57)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, thanks guys, haven't had time to test. Noted in post #1.
build from Sept 22 must work, Sept21 build is very strange it has no support of mvc (see player settings)
Sep 22 build at:
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/windo...ip-x86.exe

Will test this one now.

List of test builds at:
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/windows/win32/ (look for msdk_mvc_wip in filename)
@afedchin, I can confirm the 22 Sep build plays in 3D, will do further testing.
Quote:build from Sept 22 must work, Sept21 build is very strange it has no support of mvc (see player settings)

Thanks for the new build @Afedchin!!!
gonna test tonight

anyone know why this stopped working on nvidia with the intel dll?

i am on a 4K tv now which was suggested to be the culprit

what happens is it clearly detects a 3D movie, but it plays back SBS or OU.

perhaps the software solution cant change the screen resolution from 4K to 1080p?
(2017-09-22, 15:02)afedchin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-09-20, 10:42)rewsteruk Wrote: [ -> ]@afedchin. Why did ffmpeg not accept your patches for an official H264 codec extension (MVC)? You would think an open source project would jump at the chance to accept new features.
these patches aren't mine. They don't add mvc decoding, they just add a possibility to detect h264_mvc extension stream and more accurate pts processing. I don't follow ffmpeg history, may be author of these patches already sent them to mainline.

(2017-09-22, 00:57)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, thanks guys, haven't had time to test. Noted in post #1.
build from Sept 22 must work, Sept21 build is very strange it has no support of mvc (see player settings)

what are your thoughts on continuing this with kodi 18?
(2017-09-22, 17:36)movie78 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:build from Sept 22 must work, Sept21 build is very strange it has no support of mvc (see player settings)

Thanks for the new build @Afedchin!!!
+1 ... appears to work great, quickly tested with 3D ISO's and MVC MKV's.
(2017-09-06, 13:26)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-09-06, 03:42)Justifier Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-09-06, 03:32)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Hi @Justifier, I'd start with the latest available build (17.1) in post #1, and report back how it works for you. It has been a while since I had a DN2820FYKH, so unsure about which build is the best fit.

Thanks @hdmkv.

Can anyone else please comment as to their recommended build date/version of Kodi for the DN2820FYKH which hopefully avoids lip sync issues with MVC 3D mkv files made with MakeMKV? I know ISO are known to cause issues but I am hoping there is a build which avoids any issues with MVC 3D mkv files.

I have read through most of the thread and note that 1st April 2016 build was recommended by some a long time ago but obviously that is pretty old. I have also read people having issues with the latest builds too. Hopefully there are some of you out there that still have the DN2820FYKH and can comment.

Cheers

Last build that has no issues with dn2820 is the december build, later builds have issues with hd audio and stutter.

Hold in thought that december build is beta.. And we are already at 17.4
Im doubting to buy a new nuc cause of that. But they are expensive.. And no further support for it... So...
Back to zidoo and stuff?

Anyone with a dn2820 that tested latest 22 september build? Very curious, hope its fixed..

Thx afedchin for continuing support
Sep 22 (File dated 18 Sep) build seems to work very well, enabled passthrough (as I sometimes use PCM), played3D films and 3D shorts and periodically checked sync and it seems to work well, slight judder and sync with Big Hero 6 but had to jab back button, then played fine.

@afedchin, thanks for this build.
(2017-08-12, 15:27)rewsteruk Wrote: [ -> ]..I can confirm that with the resolution set to 1080p and using the latest driver from Intel (15.46.02.4729) it works with HD passthrough and hardware 3D. Had minor sync issue that was solved with quick dab of rewind key, this was most evident with Bolt 3D.

The computer is FANLESS which is great, it has Intel HD Graphics 500 and has 4GB RAM, 64GB SSD included. I managed to get one for £123 (£159 currently) from Amazon.co.uk on flash sale, Beelink AP34 Link. This is the new stock as it has Beelink's new logo on it not the old script text.
The 4GB is adequate for running Win 10?
I can't (immediately anyway) see any difference in specs for the 4GB vs the 8GB - $180 (USD) vs $270 other than RAM
the 4GB certainly seems the better 'value'& would think should be adequate?
Looking to run Kodi of course plus general browsing and other media apps ... no need to spend the additional $90?
@DEcosse, When only Kodi is running (and a few other bits), on the system page it reports the computer is using only 1.7GB RAM, so definitely ok for Windows 10.

I think with the AP34 ultimate edition the only difference is the RAM, so probably not worth the extra.

I use the AP34 to check email and browse the web, handbrake etc it is fine with those sorts of tasks. If you need a bit more power and still FANLESS then have a look at the AP42 (https://www.amazon.co.uk/KODLIX-Pentium-...B0749J27Y2), even though the reviews said the difference was marginal so I decided on the AP34 for Kodi use.
Thank you @rewsteruk - just took a look at your blog and also appreciate that tip on the Win10 Professional Upgrade (which would also be my intent)