Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: uninstall button greyed out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I go to uninstall some apps the button is greyed out in Goo bang kodi tv box. How do I fix this?
It depends, which add-ons are you talking about?

In some cases other add-ons may be dependent on them, in which case they would need to be uninstalled first.

Or it may be that the supplier has messed around with things, in which case they would need to assist you or you'd need to reinstall a vanilla version of Kodi (which may bring other issues depending on the hardware and firmware involved).
One app i am trying to uninstall is the Brazilian app because it keeps trying to update and is never successful and I do not want it anyway. Hope this helps.
How do I get red of the greyed out apps?
For that kind of box it may be difficult, unless you can connect to it remotely or have some other kind of terminal access.

If the add-ons came with the box, it would be appropriate to contact whoever sold it to you (as boxes should not ship with pre-installed add-ons anyway, per the Foundation's Official:Trademark Policy (wiki)). Otherwise you'd need to work out what is dependent on those add-ons, uninstall those and then you should be able to uninstall the greyed out ones.

But whoever sold you the box should be your first port of call, as their sale should include support as well as this is something very specific to that box.
Thank-you for your help Darren