Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Rom Collection Browser
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, first time posting here Big Grin
I'm getting an older mac mini soon and will be turning it into an HTPC for movies and old games. For these games the Add-On "Rom Collection Browser" seems to be the most fully featured.
To test Kodi out I installed the mac version I'll be using on the mac mini on my Macbook Pro. I downloaded and enabled RBC and then wanted to add the emulator and roms. I created a new folder containing the nestopia emulator (.app) and a few test roms including Contra (.nes).
I added this folder in Kodi as a new resource path named "nes". So I launched RBC, then it asked me what emulator I would like to configure. I selected NES and pointed it to my nes folder. Nestopia.app was seen as a folder, which is the way that apps are handled in osx, I know, so I just selected /Nestopia.app/Contents/MacOS/Nestopia, which is the actual executeable unix file to my knowlege. Then it asked for the path to the roms, so I just selected the rom folder within the nes folder and hit ok.

So that went pretty smooth, but then it asked for the artwork Confused
It wants to automatically scan some websites for it, but I didn't find it neccessary to have the artwork, so I skipped this step. Launching RBC now just shows a black screen with a bit of information on the side all titled "unavailable" or something similar. At the bottom right of the screen it sais "0/0 Items". So I thought I hadn't selected the roms folder right. I selected it again but still got the same black screen and 0/0 Items. Lauching it a third time, I selected to download the art in hopes that it might be the problem. It regocnized the roms, as it said "Contra.nes - loading informaion from archive.vg", but it just sat there for 20 minutes, just stuck at 5% and not going up. I selected other scrapers as well but nothing worked!

Does anybody know whats wrong? All of the websites that RBC wants to get info from are up and are accessible from my internet connection, so I really have no idea... Huh Huh