Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: skin crashes Kodi on load (0330 build/0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So my skin was working well (last tested on Win32 0321 build). Now I installed 0330 and my skin crashes Kodi when I attempt to switch to it. I compared debug logs from 0321 and 0330, and it appears the last thing that logged WRT the skin is:

Code:
T:3120    INFO:   load new skin...
T:3120    INFO: Loading user windows, path E:\Media\Kodi 17 0330 8622b2a\portable_data\addons\skin.aeonmq5.kryptonmod\720p
then the thread crashes
Code:
T:3120   DEBUG: CWinEventsWin32::WndProcWindow is active

Whereas on 0321, after that I see that the windows are getting loaded:

Code:
T:9960   DEBUG: Load Skin XML: 70.04ms
T:9960    INFO:   initialize new skin...

So I guess for some reason my skin files aren't getting read now? I looked in my Windows7 event log and it just shows ntdll.dll from kodi.exe is faulting, which I guess could be from anything that calls into the kernal.

scott s.
I used ProcMon to see what was happening when my skin loaded and found that the crash was always after reading one of my skin files. I looked at the file and found a typo, namely a comment line starting with ">--". I'm not sure Kodi should crash if there is a syntax error in a skin xml file, but it is now resolved.

scott s.