Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Widget Background Fanart
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not sure if ths is user error or the skin doesnt support my needs. I'll try to explain as clearly as I can...

On Arctic Zephyr, I like to have In Cinemas or Trending Movies widgets assigned to my Movies menu. In turn, this means the home background scrolls through background fanart.

With Mimic, I appear to have the widget panel posters correctly load, but the background image remains a default gray textur colour - unless I move my cursor up to highlight a respective movie poster which then shows the respective movie background.

Is there no way of automatically cycling through widget fanart in the background without m having to select the widget poster?

Hope Im making sense Blush
You can make Mimic behave the same as Arctic Zephyr. Either set a background slideshow on the menu item that has the widget, or there is a skin setting to setup a global background slideshow.
Thanks for your help Braz, as well as a poviding this fantastic skin to the community.

I'm still confused, maybe I'm not being clear in my question. I took some photos...

Notice a standard background on Mimic.

Notice how Star Wars shows as a background, this will change backgrounds automatically every few seconds as it cycles through each widget.

Its as so Arctic automatically cycles through each widget poster and shows the respective background. Where as with Mimic, the only way I can have it show the widget background is to manually highlght each widget poster. This is further obvious is that Mimic will always display the Star Wars title and not auto cycle every few seconds thrugh each entry in the widget list.

You mention setting a background slideshow, but I can only seem to select my own ramdom fan art locally, rather than have it behave like Arctic and load in bavkrounds from widgets which use trakt, moviedb etc which show trending, popular etc etc.

Sorry for being thick Sad
Sorry, no plans to change the backgrounds. Widget fanart will only show when the widgets have the focus. If you want fanart to show when on the main menu, there are plenty of options for that.
(2016-04-02, 17:29)braz Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, no plans to change the backgrounds. Widget fanart will only show when the widgets have the focus. If you want fanart to show when on the main menu, there are plenty of options for that.

Thanks Braz. Shame, but at least I know.