Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Zap2xml for ATSC in OpenELEC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
I have installed the tvheadend pvr client addon, though I'm not sure what info I should be seeing from it. I currently have the backend and frontend both running off of the same Pi. All the addons are installed to Osmc. I installed the TVHeadend backend software through the included software in Osmc.
It sounds as though the issue may be with OSMC. Maybe not, sadly I'm not experienced enough in linux to really diagnose for sure at the moment.
If you haven't spent too much time setting up OSMC (or you have an extra sdcard floating around) - you might want to try LibreELEC. They have a lot of similar base code - but LE seems to stick to a pure kodi experience, where OSMC seems to be more customized from the install.

Once you have LE running - you can always pick a different skin - if you like the look of OSMC.
(2017-07-19, 04:04)McNutty195 Wrote: [ -> ]Edit4ever,

I installed the latest version from your post here (0.7.1). When I initially went to configure the add on and add my log in information for zap2xml, my email and password were already present. At first I left this, and moved to the web interface for tvheadend. I went to the EPG Grabber section to try to add zap2xml, but it wasn't there. I tried restarting, nothing.

I went in and deleted the zap2xml addon, and then found the addon data in the system files and deleted that. I reinstalled the 0.7.1 version of the addon, and this time the username and password were not yet present. I put my information in, and rebooted, still nothing on TVHeadend.

I tried installing the TVHeadend Setup for Kodi, I went to EPG Grabber Configuration, but when I click on that, I get a message saying: "Tvheadend Setup for Kodi error check the log for more information." I noticed that at the bottom it has an option where I specify the IP address for the Tvheadend Backend. It is set to: XXX.XXX.XX.XX:9981, which is what my pi's IP address was yesterday, but today the IP address is XXX.XX.XX.XX7:9981. I don't know if this is part of the issue. I'm assuming at some point I need to set the Pi to a static IP address anyways.

I was going to pull the log that the error message mentions, but I cannot figure out where it is located.

Thanks
The changing of the IP address is a major issue for running the tvheadend server. You need to check the MAC address and IP address after each reboot, to see if they do indeed change. If they do, there is a solution to give it a permanent MAC address, which will enable it to use the same IP address.
(2017-07-19, 15:46)edit4ever Wrote: [ -> ]If you haven't spent too much time setting up OSMC (or you have an extra sdcard floating around) - you might want to try LibreELEC. They have a lot of similar base code - but LE seems to stick to a pure kodi experience, where OSMC seems to be more customized from the install.

Once you have LE running - you can always pick a different skin - if you like the look of OSMC.

Sadly, I have put quite a bit of time into OSMC, but that's the way of things sometimes. I am planning on switching to either LibreELEC or OpenELEC. I've used OpenELEC in the past, but switched to OSMC based on suggestions from a number of other users on other forums. I assume you prefer LibreELEC, if you don't mind can you explain why you choose that over OpenELEC? Just trying to determine if I would be better off switching to Libre.

(2017-07-19, 15:52)clarkss12 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-19, 04:04)McNutty195 Wrote: [ -> ]Edit4ever,

I installed the latest version from your post here (0.7.1). When I initially went to configure the add on and add my log in information for zap2xml, my email and password were already present. At first I left this, and moved to the web interface for tvheadend. I went to the EPG Grabber section to try to add zap2xml, but it wasn't there. I tried restarting, nothing.

I went in and deleted the zap2xml addon, and then found the addon data in the system files and deleted that. I reinstalled the 0.7.1 version of the addon, and this time the username and password were not yet present. I put my information in, and rebooted, still nothing on TVHeadend.

I tried installing the TVHeadend Setup for Kodi, I went to EPG Grabber Configuration, but when I click on that, I get a message saying: "Tvheadend Setup for Kodi error check the log for more information." I noticed that at the bottom it has an option where I specify the IP address for the Tvheadend Backend. It is set to: XXX.XXX.XX.XX:9981, which is what my pi's IP address was yesterday, but today the IP address is XXX.XX.XX.XX7:9981. I don't know if this is part of the issue. I'm assuming at some point I need to set the Pi to a static IP address anyways.

I was going to pull the log that the error message mentions, but I cannot figure out where it is located.

Thanks
The changing of the IP address is a major issue for running the tvheadend server. You need to check the MAC address and IP address after each reboot, to see if they do indeed change. If they do, there is a solution to give it a permanent MAC address, which will enable it to use the same IP address.

Yeah, the more I thought about it, the more I figured it would be a problem. I reserved the IP for the Pi in my routers settings. That should be enough right?
I think your IP changes because your MAC address is changing. If that is the case, even though you reserve the IP in your router, it my still get another IP address.
OK - my addons are being impacted by the changes to Kodi addon settings - if you're running a Kodi 18 Leia build - my grabber addons are not going to work. I am testing some fixes and will update soon. If you're running Kodi 17.x it should be fine.
(2017-07-20, 23:46)edit4ever Wrote: [ -> ]OK - my addons are being impacted by the changes to Kodi addon settings - if you're running a Kodi 18 Leia build - my grabber addons are not going to work. I am testing some fixes and will update soon. If you're running Kodi 17.x it should be fine.

I switched to LibreELEC. Setup wasn't hard with the help of your addons Smile I've got everything up and running except for the recording functionality, but that should be pretty easy from what I understand. I'm waiting on a new case right now. Was running without any cooling, and the Pi cpu got up to 156 degrees F lol.

Thanks for all the help!
Glad to hear it - you can set the dvr settings in my tvh2kodi addon. :-)
So I just got the new case with a heat sink and fan. I have plugged my pi into that, and now things are running at acceptable temperatures. I started to try to do the dvr configuration, but when I click on that option in your tvh2kodi addon I'm getting an error.

On LibreELEC: Tvheadend setupfor kodi error check the log for more information

On Tvheadend web interface: MPED2Video @ #65 Continuity counter error (Total 354), Transport error indicator (Total 1619)

I know there are codecs some people talked about buying from raspberry pi .org. Are those necessary? Do you have any idea why your addon isn't working?
So, the issue I mentioned in my last post is still keeping me from doing anything with your addon, but I semi got things working through TVHeadend's web interface.

Here is my issue, I am trying to record to a folder called recordings on a connected external hard drive named MoviesAndTVShows. I have the Recording system path set to "/var/media/MoviesAndTVShows/recordings" However, anytime I try to record something I get a Not enough disk space error. I have 122 gb free on the hard drive, so I don't know what is wrong. Any ideas? And sorry I know this is getting a little off topic at this point. I can take my question elsewhere if that is a problem.

Thanks!
A couple of things...

First - you should purchase the MPEG2 license ($5) from the raspberry pi people: https://swag.raspberrypi.org/collections...icense-key

Without this - your CPU is doing all of the decoding instead of the mpeg 2 hardware on the pi.

Once you get the license code - you need to edit the config.txt file that is located on your pi in the flash folder. This is not a folder you can see from your computer without modifying the samba.conf file. If you know how to ssh into your pi - you can do it through there. Take a look at this:
http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Config.txt

If you don't know how to ssh - we will need to do this differently. Let me know that and I can can look up options. I'm thinking I may try to add that function into my addon (a place to enter the license) and have it edit the file automatically.

The transport error is just something you get with a weaker (or too strong) antenna signal. You can look at the signal levels on the web interface under status when you have a stream running.

For the recording location - make sure you have the upper and lowercase correct - Linux cares about this! :-) Also make sure you add a / at the end of the location. In your case it should be:

/var/media/MoviesAndTVShows/recordings/

Finally - I would love to see the error that you are getting on my addon when you try to select DVR configuration. Do you know how to get to a kodi log?
(2017-07-23, 00:29)edit4ever Wrote: [ -> ]A couple of things...

First - you should purchase the MPEG2 license ($5) from the raspberry pi people: https://swag.raspberrypi.org/collections...icense-key

Without this - your CPU is doing all of the decoding instead of the mpeg 2 hardware on the pi.

Once you get the license code - you need to edit the config.txt file that is located on your pi in the flash folder. This is not a folder you can see from your computer without modifying the samba.conf file. If you know how to ssh into your pi - you can do it through there. Take a look at this:
http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Config.txt

If you don't know how to ssh - we will need to do this differently. Let me know that and I can can look up options. I'm thinking I may try to add that function into my addon (a place to enter the license) and have it edit the file automatically.

The transport error is just something you get with a weaker (or too strong) antenna signal. You can look at the signal levels on the web interface under status when you have a stream running.

For the recording location - make sure you have the upper and lowercase correct - Linux cares about this! :-) Also make sure you add a / at the end of the location. In your case it should be:

Finally - I would love to see the error that you are getting on my addon when you try to select DVR configuration. Do you know how to get to a kodi log?

Thank you for all the helpful information! Smile I will be trying all of that right now. Unfortunately, I don't know how to get a kodi log, but I learn pretty quickly. How do I do that?
(2017-07-23, 00:29)edit4ever Wrote: [ -> ]For the recording location - make sure you have the upper and lowercase correct - Linux cares about this! :-) Also make sure you add a / at the end of the location. In your case it should be:

Sadly, I was very hopeful that your simple solution of adding the / would fix it. Sadly, I am still getting the insufficient space error. Could it be the format of my drive? It is currently formatted as NTFS?
@Edit3Ever

Did a little looking, and figured out how to get to the logs. I've attached the kodi.log. If you need any of the otherones, or a different format is better, please let me know.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byctk4O...sp=sharing

Thanks
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48