Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Zap2xml for ATSC in OpenELEC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
Take out the $ - that is part of the original variable code. :-)
I removed the $ sign, but not change, same in the log file.

/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.zap2xml/bin/tv_grab_zap2xml: line 47: default=true></setting>: not found
You still need to put your username and password in the add-on settings as well.
I think I may have just thought of why it may not be working. The way settings are stored is changing in Kodi 18. I bet the layout is different, so I'll need to create a new Kodi 18 grabber to deal with the necessary changes to sed.

I'm not near my LE systems for a few more hours, but if you want, clarkss12 - you could pm me your settings.xml file for the zap2xml addon and I can see if it that looks like the culprit. Please don't post it here - as it would contain your username/password info.

Hope I'm on the right track! :-)
(2017-09-05, 22:29)edit4ever Wrote: [ -> ]I think I may have just thought of why it may not be working. The way settings are stored is changing in Kodi 18. I bet the layout is different, so I'll need to create a new Kodi 18 grabber to deal with the necessary changes to sed.

I'm not near my LE systems for a few more hours, but if you want, clarkss12 - you could pm me your settings.xml file for the zap2xml addon and I can see if it that looks like the culprit. Please don't post it here - as it would contain your username/password info.

Hope I'm on the right track! :-)

PM sent.
Thank you - that's it! They reworked how the settings are stored (different set of characters/layout) so I'll need to create a version of the grabber with this type of format. The rest of the addon is good - so I should be able to rewrite this tonight and post here for a test.

Thank you again - it's good to have this heads up long before a large number of people switch to Kodi 18/LE 9!
(2017-09-06, 01:15)edit4ever Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you - that's it! They reworked how the settings are stored (different set of characters/layout) so I'll need to create a version of the grabber with this type of format. The rest of the addon is good - so I should be able to rewrite this tonight and post here for a test.

Thank you again - it's good to have this heads up long before a large number of people switch to Kodi 18/LE 9!

Looking forward to it. thanks
Something that crossed my mind on the bike ride this morning.....

I haven't yet tried to examine the code flow.....Where does the code get the program numbers? Does it go to the zap2it website and first grab all the station info. And then does it go back and grab all the program info for that station for x days? I ask this because if the program numbers are downloaded from the website, how does it end up that going back for data for a specific program code results in a program code that is not valid? This wouldn't make sense. Just something to consider....

(2017-09-04, 21:20)edit4ever Wrote: [ -> ]That's a good question - I haven't looked at that part of the original code to see how the author handled the failing of program data. Might be a simple fix. Clearly we don't want the system to just dump out of the process! I'll take a look.

Also - I just setup my KII Pro with the John Galt 9.0.0 v7 release and I am seeing the same issue that Clarkss12 has. That's weird but obviously something is different that is impacting the way the full command line is sent to the script. I know this addon works in the Milhouse versions - so I'll need to see what is causing the misread of the username info. Hopefully I can find that today as well.
Just as an FYI - the way sites like zap2it are setup - the basic guide data is on the webpage, but if you want the extra details, you have to click on the show that you want to see info for. That information is not actually on the webpage or hidden, it only gets that info when you click. So for the grabber, it loads the 6 hour gris and basic guide info page and stores that. Then if you have xtra details enabled, it goes back and downloads the info for each program - basically acting like you clicked each show link on the page.

Sometimes the data is not there - so even though you click on a show - nothing comes up. That's an error on their end - and I need to take a look at that portion of the code and make sure it handles those erros properly.

The failure you've been experiencing is due to the change in Kodi 18. It creates a different format of the settings.xml file - so I will need to adjust the grabber to match the new layout. The good news is - it's not that hard. The bad news is trying to find time as I'm about to leave on a 2 week work trip and won't be able to test my changes. Happy to post the test files here as I make the changes if you willing to give it a go.

In the meantime, the latest grabber I PMd you should handle basic guide info for now.
UPDATE: Just checked my tvguide.xml file and it was not updated last night/early this morning. Checked the log file and looks like the error I mention above (internal server error) happens about 15x (3 retries each). It's the *only* kind of error that's logged. I don't get all the details I'd like if I disable xtra details, but I can live with that for now. I'll disable it and see if that stabilizes my update process.

...we continue now with our currently scheduled broadcast Smile

OK. That makes sense. I'll have to check what details are in the "xtra" details and decide if it's critical that I download them, or not worry about them...for now, anyways

Has Kodi 18 even been released?... My system is V17.4. Have they already begun making these kinds of changes (thru updates) to be ready for Kodi 18's arrival?

Happy to have been your guinea pig so far. No reason not to continue to help Smile

Thx and cheers....safe travels....

(2017-09-06, 17:14)edit4ever Wrote: [ -> ]Just as an FYI - the way sites like zap2it are setup - the basic guide data is on the webpage, but if you want the extra details, you have to click on the show that you want to see info for. That information is not actually on the webpage or hidden, it only gets that info when you click. So for the grabber, it loads the 6 hour gris and basic guide info page and stores that. Then if you have xtra details enabled, it goes back and downloads the info for each program - basically acting like you clicked each show link on the page.

Sometimes the data is not there - so even though you click on a show - nothing comes up. That's an error on their end - and I need to take a look at that portion of the code and make sure it handles those erros properly.

The failure you've been experiencing is due to the change in Kodi 18. It creates a different format of the settings.xml file - so I will need to adjust the grabber to match the new layout. The good news is - it's not that hard. The bad news is trying to find time as I'm about to leave on a 2 week work trip and won't be able to test my changes. Happy to post the test files here as I make the changes if you willing to give it a go.

In the meantime, the latest grabber I PMd you should handle basic guide info for now.
@stephr1 - your issue is with the missing xtra details data on the zap2it server. I'll try to take a look at that section in the next day or so and see if I can push out a fix.

The Kodi 18 stuff is in alpha - but there are people who run testing (like me and clarkks12) who don't mind having things break as we try the bleeding edge changes. :-)
Great. I'll check out the updt when it comes.

Did another tvguide.xml updt sans xtra details. Worked fine, no errors in either of the log files.

One other note.....tried out the tvh2kodi addon (tho, not really thoroughly). Works well, tho. If that's yours, nice work and thx.

(2017-09-07, 00:36)edit4ever Wrote: [ -> ]@stephr1 - your issue is with the missing xtra details data on the zap2it server. I'll try to take a look at that section in the next day or so and see if I can push out a fix.

The Kodi 18 stuff is in alpha - but there are people who run testing (like me and clarkks12) who don't mind having things break as we try the bleeding edge changes. :-)
stephr1 - if you get a chance - here's a version to try to see if it solves the bad episode data issue:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x6awx4scj8xpc2...t.zip?dl=0

Let me know how it goes.
Got it. Thx.

It's installed and I've re-enabled xtra details download. See what the results are tomorrow morning and pass along the word.

Cheers.......

(2017-09-08, 00:11)edit4ever Wrote: [ -> ]stephr1 - if you get a chance - here's a version to try to see if it solves the bad episode data issue:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x6awx4scj8xpc2...t.zip?dl=0

Let me know how it goes.
Couldn't seem to get 7.4 test to work. Missed a couple of the path and xml guide file changes I needed to make, but even after I did that, could not get it to cooperate. Even the log files weren't getting updated.

I'll try again in the next few days and see if there was something I missed.

I put back in V7.1 and had no problems getting a tvguide.xml update.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48