Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Zap2xml for ATSC in OpenELEC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
Thanks for the update - my new version won't use mechanize - so that should help you.

As for the cron setting - there are two different cron lines - one for OTA and one for internal grabbers - so make sure you were changing the internal grabber cron. :-)
As I said, I look forward to the new version. Hopefully that makes my current "stuff" like it never happened Smile

wrt to cron setting...fairly certain it was the internal grabber, but I'll try it again and make sure. Just as a side note, I did not see the OTA cron setting change either. I'll confirm that, as well.

Cheers and thx....

(2017-10-11, 18:25)edit4ever Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the update - my new version won't use mechanize - so that should help you.

As for the cron setting - there are two different cron lines - one for OTA and one for internal grabbers - so make sure you were changing the internal grabber cron. :-)
Update (10/20/17.1A)

I hadn't check the log files before I wrote the previous update below (becuz it was a successful download Smile There are 50+ "HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error" msgs that occurred during the download, a number of them were for the same EP(?) nos. So I guess it's a good sign that the s/w is working because, despite the errors (which I assume are caused by the zap2it website), the downloads have completed successfully. Something I haven't experienced in a while.

Cheers.....

Update (10/20/17.1)

Think I may have solved things for me, as in everything. Have had 2 nights of successful guide downloads with xtra details download/append enabled. I won't be convinced until I get at least 1 good week of error-free downloads, tho.

I'm thinking this all traces back to the system crash I mentioned previously. First I thought either an IP addr conflict or maybe a router issue (this latter one from last Sun. early AM when we had a power loss and maybe a few brownouts leading up to it causing a glitch in the router) and have rebooted the router at least once since then. I had also changed the network cable (but that's an unlikely culprit becuz I could ping to the RPI 3 without data loss...it was getting out from the system that seemed to be the problem). So, yesterday I went into the OSMC/RPI 3 management addon and changed the IP addr (Had done this before without success and I also tried using DHCP....no help either). At one point I noticed there was a "Reset" button on the screen where I changed the IP addr. Pressing that seems to have been the key. This is the first time in a long time that I've had 2 consecutive successful downloads (w/xtra details enabled). Like I said, when I get to 7 or more, I'll believe it. However, I'm more optimistic this morning.

My guess is the "system crash" may have impacted the network setup on the HDD (the recent power outage just made things unacceptably worse). Hitting "Reset" seems to have cleaned out whatever it might have been and put it back to some sort of default config, which then allowed me to successfully redo the IP addr setup.

I'll keep you posted on the progress Smile And I think I''m in a good place to check out the new code when it's ready.....Cheers....

Update (10/18/17.2)

Ignore the previous update (10/18/17.1) below. Discovered I have an internet connection problem with the RPI 3. Can't tell if it's h/w (like cable or switch box...most likely) or something in the system. Seems to ping OK to the address but the url problem in the log listed below is due to the RPI 3 not getting out to the network (says it's busy, etc.). Won't be able to troubleshoot for a day or 2. I do have another new/unused RPI 3 I could replace it with, but it doesn't have an MPEG license installed yet. Shouldn't be a problem just to see if the RPI 3 is OK. Still thinking it's related to the system crash I had a month or 2 back (as in, maybe a partial cause).

Let you know what I find....Cheers.....

Update (10/18/17.1)

OK. Something very odd is now happening. I disabled both download and append xtra details (have been experimenting with the combination of the 2) and got the error msg below (note....log files show recent date so zap2xml is attempting to run). Haven't had a guide update in ~4 days.

Anything obvious to you? I'm wondering if somehow some of the network stuff on the RPI 3 got messed up Sad Or, is it possible the website isn't available ~3AM in the morning (when my downloads are supposed to happen)?

Thx and cheers....

Logging in as [email protected]

http://tvschedule.zap2it.com/tvlistings/...tvschedule

Exception
error<class 'urllib2.URLError'>
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.module.zap2xml/zap2xml.py", line 2147, in <module>
main()
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.module.zap2xml/zap2xml.py", line 2054, in main
data = getURL(url)
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.module.zap2xml/zap2xml.py", line 213, in getURL
login()
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.module.zap2xml/zap2xml.py", line 633, in login
loginZAP(br)
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.module.zap2xml/zap2xml.py", line 567, in loginZAP
br.open(urlRoot + 'ZCLogin.do?method=getStandAlonePage&aid=tvschedule')
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.module.mechanize/lib/mechanize/_mechanize.py", line 203, in open
return self._mech_open(url, data, timeout=timeout)
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.module.mechanize/lib/mechanize/_mechanize.py", line 230, in _mech_open
response = UserAgentBase.open(self, request, data)
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.module.mechanize/lib/mechanize/_opener.py", line 193, in open
response = urlopen(self, req, data)
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.module.mechanize/lib/mechanize/_urllib2_fork.py", line 344, in _open
'_open', req)
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.module.mechanize/lib/mechanize/_urllib2_fork.py", line 332, in _call_chain
result = func(*args)
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.module.mechanize/lib/mechanize/_urllib2_fork.py", line 1142, in http_open
return self.do_open(httplib.HTTPConnection, req)
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.module.mechanize/lib/mechanize/_urllib2_fork.py", line 1118, in do_open
raise URLError(err)
urllib2.URLError: <urlopen error [Errno 110] Connection timed out>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update (10/13/17):

Discovered I had a power cable issue so I needed to restart my "experiment". More later...

Checked the TVHeadEnd addon again. Indeed it does not update the Internal EPG cron setting (checked and I was editing the correct one). I used the addon, requested to change it and used the on-screen keyboard to make the change. When I clicked on "Done" and it returned to the "Select an EPG grabber configuration to edit" window, the internal cron setting had not changed. I also confirmed it with the web interface.

Then I made an edit with the web interface, did a save and went back to the addon. It showed the change I made.

So, either my system is behaving badly (which is always a possibility Sad or something's amiss with the addon.

Have not checked any of the other items on the list, but will do so when I get the chance and report back.

Cheers....

(2017-10-11, 21:49)stephr1 Wrote: [ -> ]As I said, I look forward to the new version. Hopefully that makes my current "stuff" like it never happened Smile

wrt to cron setting...fairly certain it was the internal grabber, but I'll try it again and make sure. Just as a side note, I did not see the OTA cron setting change either. I'll confirm that, as well.

Cheers and thx....

(2017-10-11, 18:25)edit4ever Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the update - my new version won't use mechanize - so that should help you.

OK - I've finally gotten to a point where my new version can be tested. I will post the initial link here for @stepher1 and others to initially test. Then I will create a new post in the Tvheadend forum for others to join in. Please post any issue you have with this test either here or on the github.

source: https://github.com/edit4ever/script.module.zap2epg

test version: https://github.com/edit4ever/script.modu...g/releases

pretty simple setup:

1. Install the zap2epg addon in Kodi
2. Run the addon and setup your lineup
3. Configure your channel list (add channels to be downloaded)
4. You can run the program from the addon as a test (not necessary)
5. Setup the zap2epg grabber in tvheadend
6. Enjoy your new EPG!
I'll have to delay on testing. Things have degraded on my system (beyond the zap2xml problems....2 nights of successful updates, then nothing Sad Prob'ly be at least a few days to sort things out and fix. Looks like some kind of serious networking issue(s)...can't even do system updates at the moment...and this may have been what's been getting in the way of the zap2xml updates. Let you know when I get things straightened out.

Cheers (kind of Sad....

(2017-10-24, 20:36)edit4ever Wrote: [ -> ]OK - I've finally gotten to a point where my new version can be tested. I will post the initial link here for @stepher1 and others to initially test. Then I will create a new post in the Tvheadend forum for others to join in. Please post any issue you have with this test either here or on the github.

source: https://github.com/edit4ever/script.module.zap2epg

test version: https://github.com/edit4ever/script.modu...g/releases

pretty simple setup:

1. Install the zap2epg addon in Kodi
2. Run the addon and setup your lineup
3. Configure your channel list (add channels to be downloaded)
4. You can run the program from the addon as a test (not necessary)
5. Setup the zap2epg grabber in tvheadend
6. Enjoy your new EPG!
I must be missing something, I just installed LibreELEC 8.2 on my Mecool M8S Pro (Amlogic S912), and trying to use your new EPG app, (zap2epg), but not sure how to set it up. I don't see anyplace to insert my user name and password for the zap2it data??

I have been using schedules direct for my EPG data, using your SD epg grabber, so been awhile since I tested this Zap2it grabber.
I've created the new one to not have to have a username and password. I wanted to eliminate the step of people having to setup an account on the zap2it site. You just run the addon, input your zipcode, choose your lineup and bingo - you're setup. :-)

You can then customize your channel lineup from within the addon and then do the normal grabber setup in tvh.
---- HOLD THE PRESSES ----

As of this morning it seems that zap2it has redesigned their website. As a result - my newly reworked addon (and the old addon) are now borked!

I will take a look at the new layout and see if I can update later today.
---- good news is the site is providing a json data feed...bad news - it means completely reworking my addon! Back to the drawing board....stay tuned.
(2017-10-25, 17:07)edit4ever Wrote: [ -> ]---- HOLD THE PRESSES ----

As of this morning it seems that zap2it has redesigned their website. As a result - my newly reworked addon (and the old addon) are now borked!

sad news, good luck. love your addons
(2017-10-25, 17:37)edit4ever Wrote: [ -> ]---- good news is the site is providing a json data feed...bad news - it means completely reworking my addon!  Back to the drawing board....stay tuned.

Thanks for your perseverance.........
Bummer about the website. Kind of a blessing in disguise for me. Buys me some more time to get my system issues resolved Smile

(2017-10-25, 17:07)edit4ever Wrote: [ -> ]---- HOLD THE PRESSES ----

Thanks for the addon.  Even though it might not pull down the guide info yet, I have been going through the interface.  It pulls down the lineup and channel list very well.   Selecting the channels under the channel list seems to work well. 

i did notice a couple of items you might want to review:

when going back to the Change Current Location, i hit "cancel"   at the line up phase and it defaulted back to broadcast lineup vs the previously selected one. 
under the Configure Setting and Options, the station list was all *******.  it seems it might be beneficial to see those listings.  

thanks for all the hard work.
looks like zap2it wasn't quite ready for the switchover and has put the old grid back up for now. good news is that the new service is still up and running in the background, so i'm finishing up the first version of the app to work with it. should be ready by the weekend for testing.

thanks for the feedback so far!
As promised - for those of you willing to jump back into testing - here is the updated zap2epg addon!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tlhjlvobhbtqpx...7.zip?dl=0

This works with the new zap2it guide data - which if you've noticed on their site, they're transitioning/testing right now.

This does not require you to create an account. Just install the addon, run it and then set your zipcode and lineup. You can then set the custom channel list in order to speed up the download process.
There is an option for xtra details, which add the original air date, cast for movies, series/show artwork (which you can select either series or episode thumbnails) and of course, my xtra details option for appending the info to the description(plot) field. (Which works grreat with a default skin like Estuary!) BTW - if you enable xtra details, your first download of data will take some time. You can always set the number of days option for a day or two to make it works - then go for the full 14. :-)

I would suggest if you had downlaoded my previous zap2epg test - uninstall it, delete the userdata folder, and install this one clean.

As a reminder - zap2it currently has the channel numbers messed up (missing minor number) for OTA channels, so make sure you don't have the "update channel number" option enabled in the tvheadend epg grabber tab. Otherwise you'll have multiple channels with the same number!!

As usual - post any issues or questions and we'll see if we can get a new great grabber up and running and finally submitted to the Kodi repo!

Enjoy.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48