Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Zap2xml for ATSC in OpenELEC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
I didn't update the add-on version on the test file. So it will still read 0.5.4

Thanks for the updates!
zap2epg ran last night, but similar problems: no xmltv.xml update (see zap2epg.log results below). I wonder if I'm having some kind of network conflict again. I have noticed some issues with updating from external databases Sad I'll have to check that out.

I noticed the 1st line of the log file now has Kodi settings version ("None"). I assume that's similar to what you'll have for zap2epg version.

Thx and cheers....

Quote:2017/12/03 03:00:00 Kodi settings version is: None
2017/12/03 03:00:00 Running zap2epg for zipcode: 94086 and lineup: Local Over the Air Broadcast
2017/12/03 03:00:00 Accessing Tvheadend channel list from: 192.168.101.147
2017/12/03 03:00:00 Exception: main
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.module.zap2epg/zap2epg.py", line 696, in mainRun
tvhMatchGet()
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.module.zap2epg/zap2epg.py", line 109, in tvhMatchGet
response = urllib2.urlopen(channels_url)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 154, in urlopen
return opener.open(url, data, timeout)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 431, in open
response = self._open(req, data)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 449, in _open
'_open', req)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 409, in _call_chain
result = func(*args)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 1227, in http_open
return self.do_open(httplib.HTTPConnection, req)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 1197, in do_open
raise URLError(err)
URLError: <urlopen error [Errno -2] Name or service not known>

(2017-12-03, 05:19)edit4ever Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't update the add-on version on the test file. So it will still read 0.5.4

Thanks for the updates!
@stephr1 - ok - the issue is with the system accessing your tvheadend interface.  If you turn off  "Append Tvheadend Service Name"  you should be able to get it to run.

If so - let me know and then we can try to troubleshoot the tvh access issue.

Thanks!

BTW - the kodi version "None" is there from the update to check for Kodi 18 Leia - if you were running that it would say "2" as that is the version number Kodi is using for the updates to settings files.

One more thing...
If you enter the following into a web browser - you should get a response from the tvheadend server:

http://USERNAME:[email protected]...&sort=name

- replace USERNAME and PASSWORD with your tvh username/password.  If you don't have one - remove USERNAMETongueASSWORD@

Can you confirm it works?
Wow...that's weird. Forum GUI different this time from just 15 mins. ago.

My bad Sad You had mentioned previously about the TVHeadEnd Service name and I forgot to do that. Will do so, run manually and post results.

Tried your suggestion of http://...... and got odd results. 1st time was a 404 error (but that may have been on me). After that, it brings up the login window I get when I use the tvh web interface asking for username and password. If I login (again?) it displays an "opening grid" popup telling me I've chosen to open "grid..which is text/x-json (7.8KB), etc." and asks if Firefox should open or browse....hmmmmmm.

If I go to the tvh web GUI using my link in Firefox ("http://<ipaddr:port no.>/"), it does fine. Normally it would ask for login info but I think the link you asked me to try kind of does that part already. Out of curiosity, I stripped off everything past the port no. (left username, password, ipaddr and port no.) and tried the link. 1st time it wanted me to confirm I wanted to login with the username ("You are about to log in to the site “<ipaddr>” with the username “<username>”, but the website does not require authentication. This may be an attempt to trick you. Is <ipaddr> the site you want to visit?"). I clicked yes and it either tells me it's timed out or doesn't even change the page. Tried it again a few times after that and it would take me to the web GUI without the login popup. Must be a security thing. However, after changing to a completely unrelated page and trying the username:password@ipaddr:port again, all I get is time out. Seems like tvh may have stopped working.

However, I can still get access to the system thru ssh.

Tried a restart of tvheadend service. No go. Had to restart the system. Then had to remove username and password from the link to bring up the tvh web GUI.

Don't know if that helps at all? The RPI3/OSMC can act strange on occasion Sad

Cheers.....

(2017-12-03, 17:45)edit4ever Wrote: [ -> ]@stephr1 - ok - the issue is with the system accessing your tvheadend interface.  If you turn off  "Append Tvheadend Service Name"  you should be able to get it to run.

If so - let me know and then we can try to troubleshoot the tvh access issue.

Thanks!

BTW - the kodi version "None" is there from the update to check for Kodi 18 Leia - if you were running that it would say "2" as that is the version number Kodi is using for the updates to settings files.

One more thing...
If you enter the following into a web browser - you should get a response from the tvheadend server:

http://USERNAME:[email protected]...&sort=name

- replace USERNAME and PASSWORD with your tvh username/password.  If you don't have one - remove USERNAMETongueASSWORD@

Can you confirm it works?
The issue has to due with the way OSMC sets up tvvheadend. Normally you don't need to setup a username/password - but OSMC creates an OSMC user and it may have limited rights on tvh.

The web address I gave you is how you access the tvh API and you should get a json response. If you have entered the OSMC tvh user and password into the zap2epg settings - then it's a rights issue. It is fixable - but it will be a hassle on OSMC systems for initial install.
I may have just found an error in my base default.py file that was causing the issue (maybe - or I only fixed Kodi 18 compatibility) - try this version and see if it works:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gbzbcmz2dx543i...T.zip?dl=0

Thanks!

BTW - if it doesn't work...then we'll need to check what user rights the osmc user has on tvh.  We can move over to a PM session for that.
Turned off "Append Tvheadend Service Name" and that seemed to fix it. Thx.

OK. I'll delete username/password from zap2epg settings and let you know my results. However, will it still be able to access the API even tho the tvh web interface is username/passworded? Or do they go different places so it would be a non-issue?

Cheers....

(2017-12-03, 19:58)edit4ever Wrote: [ -> ]The issue has to due with the way OSMC sets up tvvheadend. Normally you don't need to setup a username/password - but OSMC creates an OSMC user and it may have limited rights on tvh.

The web address I gave you is how you access the tvh API and you should get a json response. If you have entered the OSMC tvh user and password into the zap2epg settings - then it's a rights issue. It is fixable - but it will be a hassle on OSMC systems for initial install.
No - you don't want to delete the username-password...what we want to see is why it's not giving you access to the api.

Since you seem to be able to log into the web interface with the username-password...go ahead and look grab a screenshot of the CONFIGURATION > USERS tab - this should what the username and rights is set to.

Thanks!
Got it. username/pswrd still active. Have a screen shot (pdf or png) of Config/users/edit. Best way to get it to you?

Cheers....
(2017-12-03, 21:37)edit4ever Wrote: [ -> ]No - you don't want to delete the username-password...what we want to see is why it's not giving you access to the api.

Since you seem to be able to log into the web interface with the username-password...go ahead and look grab a screenshot of the CONFIGURATION > USERS tab - this should what the username and rights is set to.

Thanks!
(2017-12-03, 23:00)stephr1 Wrote: [ -> ]Got it. username/pswrd still active. Have a screen shot (pdf or png) of Config/users/edit. Best way to get it to you?

Since kodi forum doesn’t allow attachments...if you have a libreelec forum account you can PM me over there. Otherwise, you’ll need to upload it to something like imgur or dropbox and PM me the url.

Thanks!
Ignore this msg Sad
I seem to remember we've PM'd here in the past. I also woke this morning recalling pastebin.com, but then discovered it's a text-only medium.

If you're OK with the idea, you could PM me an email address where I can send the file as an attachment. That might simplify this process greatly (or, is that "bigly" Smile

BTW - Checked PVR this morning and xmltv.xml is back to being updated as usual Smile

Cheers....
(2017-12-04, 14:09)edit4ever Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-12-03, 23:00)stephr1 Wrote: [ -> ]Got it. username/pswrd still active. Have a screen shot (pdf or png) of Config/users/edit. Best way to get it to you?

Since kodi forum doesn’t allow attachments...if you have a libreelec forum account you can PM me over there. Otherwise, you’ll need to upload it to something like imgur or dropbox and PM me the url.

Thanks! 
Just downloaded and installed script.module.zap2epg-0.6.0-TEST.zip and attempted to open (as opposed to Configure) it and got an error msg and told to check the log file. Nothing was in the zap2epg.log file so I'll have to root around and find the OSMC log files. Previous version wasn't a problem. I was looking to use the Run command but will now have to wait until it tries an auto update early tomorrow morning.

Cheers.....
I think 0.6.0-test had a syntax error...I should be able to provide an update in a few hours. I’m also going to setup a username-password on tvh to test what is going on. Maybe something changed in tvh in accessing the api with a username.

Standby......
Good news is xmltv.xml was updated successfully earlier this morning Smile

Cheers....

(2017-12-05, 13:25)edit4ever Wrote: [ -> ]I think 0.6.0-test had a syntax error...I should be able to provide an update in a few hours. I’m also going to setup a username-password on tvh to test what is going on. Maybe something changed in tvh in accessing the api with a username.

Standby......
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48