Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Zap2xml for ATSC in OpenELEC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-06-27, 23:57)merlincc Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-06-27, 23:04)merlincc Wrote: [ -> ]Question...

I see that there is a icons folder in /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/tools.module.zap2xml. How do I set this up to be used?

Nevermind...I found it on my own. Just had to look for something that said icon and found it on the EPG Grabber page. Clicked on the "Update channel icon" and saved and icons are now showing.

Excelllent. BTW, did you get your guide data to show?
(2016-06-28, 00:42)clarkss12 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-06-27, 23:57)merlincc Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-06-27, 23:04)merlincc Wrote: [ -> ]Question...

I see that there is a icons folder in /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/tools.module.zap2xml. How do I set this up to be used?

Nevermind...I found it on my own. Just had to look for something that said icon and found it on the EPG Grabber page. Clicked on the "Update channel icon" and saved and icons are now showing.

Excelllent. BTW, did you get your guide data to show?

Yes. Guide data is showing. Tested my first recording. worked fine. Going to play around a bit now to see what else it can do.

Thanks again!
As an FYI - the logos on zap2it are very low res. I don't actually use that setting, but included it for those who just want an easy way to have logos. I started with this pack and the white ones look really good on the confluence guide:

http://ati711.deviantart.com/art/TV-Chan...-258698062

I ended up making a few of my own since I receive some Mexican channels that weren't included but this was a great starter pack. You can set these up manually in kodi under the SYSTEM>SETTINGS>TV>GENERAL>CHANNEL MANAGER setting. I just copied the ones I wanted to my downloads folder to make it easy.
Thanks, edit4ever.
Here's an update with a delay option. If you have a large list of channels and want to download a lot of days and all the extra details and program options, chances are the Zap2it server with kick out an error and stop your xmltv file from getting made. You can try setting a delay to sleep between http requests to keep the server happy. I've set the delay in .25 second increments so you can test to see what works for you!

Here's the link to the updated file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i92g2dgxz3pmi8...4.zip?dl=0

Let me know if you have any issues. I'm getting closer to submitting to the LibreELEC and OpenELEC repos but I have some work to do on getting the folders and files setup right.
Thanks Edit4ever, will give it a try. Been using Schedules Direct that you also, created, and it works fantastic.
Testing it now, initially set the timer to 1 and added all the options for all of my 35 or 36 channels for 14 days, was a no go.

Bumped it down to 4 days with all the goodies and all 35 channels with 1 selected, still no go.

Still testing.
Bumped down to 3 days, download channel icons, append extra details and download program icons, but NOT extra program details. Bumped down to "25", Still a no go.

Something strange, I have only 35 or 36 OTA channels, but it says it is parsing 69 channels, not sure where it gets 69 channels.

2016-07-05 16:08:08.841 spawn: Executing "/storage/.kodi/addons/tools.module.zap2xml/bin/tv_grab_zap2xml"

2016-07-05 16:15:34.062 /storage/.kodi/addons/tools.module.zap2xml/bin/tv_grab_zap2xml: grab took 446 seconds

2016-07-05 16:15:34.215 /storage/.kodi/addons/tools.module.zap2xml/bin/tv_grab_zap2xml: parse took 0 seconds

2016-07-05 16:15:34.215 /storage/.kodi/addons/tools.module.zap2xml/bin/tv_grab_zap2xml: channels tot= 69 new= 0 mod= 0

2016-07-05 16:15:34.215 /storage/.kodi/addons/tools.module.zap2xml/bin/tv_grab_zap2xml: brands tot= 0 new= 0 mod= 0

2016-07-05 16:15:34.215 /storage/.kodi/addons/tools.module.zap2xml/bin/tv_grab_zap2xml: seasons tot= 6 new= 3 mod= 3

2016-07-05 16:15:34.216 /storage/.kodi/addons/tools.module.zap2xml/bin/tv_grab_zap2xml: episodes tot= 44 new= 42 mod= 42

2016-07-05 16:15:34.216 /storage/.kodi/addons/tools.module.zap2xml/bin/tv_grab_zap2xml: broadcasts tot= 44 new= 0 mod= 0
Quote:Something strange, I have only 35 or 36 OTA channels, but it says it is parsing 69 channels, not sure where it gets 69 channels.

Do you have the "Include all channels" option turned on? If not, have you selected favorite channels on the Zap2it website? If not, go to the site and just make the channels you receive favorites...then they should be the only ones that download. If you've set favorites and you're still getting all 69 channels, you may need to clear the unwanted zap2xml channels from the Tvheadend list under the CONFIGURATION>CHANNEL/EPG>EPG GRABBER CHANNELS tabs.

As for the fail, if you can post the fail point line from the zap2xml log I can see if it's the same issue.
I should have mentioned, Schedules Direct scan also shows 69 channels, so not specifically a Zap2it problem. I do have two different HDHomeRun tuners.
Exception
error<class 'urllib2.URLError'>
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/tools.module.zap2xml/zap2xml.py", line 1992, in <module>
main()
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/tools.module.zap2xml/zap2xml.py", line 1902, in main
parseGrid(fn) #data read in and unicode it
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/tools.module.zap2xml/zap2xml.py", line 1082, in parseGrid
p.feed(b)
File "/home/kszaq/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-S805.arm-7.0.1.3/Python-2.7.11/.install_pkg/usr/lib/python2.7/HTMLParser.py", line 117, in feed
File "/home/kszaq/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-S805.arm-7.0.1.3/Python-2.7.11/.install_pkg/usr/lib/python2.7/HTMLParser.py", line 161, in goahead
File "/home/kszaq/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-S805.arm-7.0.1.3/Python-2.7.11/.install_pkg/usr/lib/python2.7/HTMLParser.py", line 327, in parse_starttag
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/tools.module.zap2xml/zap2xml.py", line 704, in handle_starttag
globals()['on_%s' % tag](self, tag, attrs)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/tools.module.zap2xml/zap2xml.py", line 342, in on_td
data = getURL(urlRoot + "gridDetailService?rtype=pgmimg&pgmId=" + cp)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/tools.module.zap2xml/zap2xml.py", line 209, in getURL
data = br.open(url).get_data()
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.mechanize/lib/mechanize/_mechanize.py", line 203, in open
return self._mech_open(url, data, timeout=timeout)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.mechanize/lib/mechanize/_mechanize.py", line 230, in _mech_open
response = UserAgentBase.open(self, request, data)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.mechanize/lib/mechanize/_opener.py", line 193, in open
response = urlopen(self, req, data)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.mechanize/lib/mechanize/_urllib2_fork.py", line 344, in _open
'_open', req)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.mechanize/lib/mechanize/_urllib2_fork.py", line 332, in _call_chain
result = func(*args)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.mechanize/lib/mechanize/_urllib2_fork.py", line 1142, in http_open
return self.do_open(httplib.HTTPConnection, req)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.mechanize/lib/mechanize/_urllib2_fork.py", line 1118, in do_open
raise URLError(err)
(2016-07-06, 03:15)clarkss12 Wrote: [ -> ]I should have mentioned, Schedules Direct scan also shows 69 channels, so not specifically a Zap2it problem. I do have two different HDHomeRun tuners.

I assume you have edited your lineup on the schedules direct website to eliminate the channels you don't want downloaded?
(2016-07-06, 15:43)edit4ever Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-07-06, 03:15)clarkss12 Wrote: [ -> ]I should have mentioned, Schedules Direct scan also shows 69 channels, so not specifically a Zap2it problem. I do have two different HDHomeRun tuners.

I assume you have edited your lineup on the schedules direct website to eliminate the channels you don't want downloaded?

Yes, even double checked.
I just checked the code for the sd2xmltv version and you're right...Astrilchuk is still working on the channel filtering option. There is an old way to enter the channels in a whitelist by modifying the code - but if it is working, I wouldn't bother for now. Once he finishes the channel filtering option I'll compile an updated version and post it.

As for the zap2xml issue...that should only be pulling the channels you've marked as favorites. I'm thinking a clean start on that one may be in order. This would include uninstalling the addon and deleting the zap2xml channels from the tvheadend list under CONFIGURATION>CHANNEL/EPG>EPG GRABBER CHANNELS tabs. You can leave the schedules direct channels in there.

Once you do that - let me know if you still see all 69 channels being downloaded for zap2xml.
Ok, will test.