Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Zap2xml for ATSC in OpenELEC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been running more test, and even with time added, it still will not work when the extra options are selected. I can get 14 days of guide data, with nothing selected.
If you move the delay setting to 2 or 3 seconds, see if that helps. It will cause the download to take a lot longer as the delay is between each http request (1 per extra description and 1 per program icon) but it will be interesting to see if that helps.
Selected option download extra program details and added 3 minutes to the timer. Left days at 14 everything else unchecked. Took 560 seconds to grab, and it appears that it grabbed something looking at the log, but it will not write to the xmltv file.
Can you send me the full log?
Here is my Dropbox link to the log.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6p1peqkmdhk38m...l.log?dl=0
While trying to figure out why I keep getting guide for 69 channels, even with Schedules Direct, I discovered that your guide app uses json (whatever that is). According to Schedules Direct website, if using json, no need to set up lineups. I deleted my lineups in Schedules Direct and did a rescan using your sd2xmltv module, it still found 69 channels. From Schedules Direct website, the client will set the channels to scan. I have no setting to do that.

From Schedules Direct website.

"Schedules Direct offers two data services. With the new SD-JSON service, lineups are managed within the application. The legacy SD-DD (XML) service (still used by most applications) requires you add a lineup below. "
Interesting...it still looks like it is timing out. Seems like it's grabbing about 4.5 days. If you have time... here is an interesting test. Set the number of days to 4 and run. If it finishes, set the number of days to 5 then run. If that finishes, set to 6 and run...etc and see how far you can get. If that works, maybe I can look at a way to have the system pause between days. The program only has to download the episode data once...so if it finishes 4 days and then you rerun for the 5th day - it will only need to download the details for the 5th day.

As for the channels on sd2xmltv...Astrilchuk is working on the channel filter to limit the number of channels the system downloads. There used to be a way to put it in manually, but he took it out on the last update. I'm awaiting a response to see how he is going to code that in. For now, I'm not actively working on the sd2xmltv code - I just compiled his version into the addon. Hopefully there will be an update soon for that.
I dropped down to 4 days with only "download extra program details" checked and time set to .25. Grab took 38 seconds and it updated the xmltv file, which means it worked.

Now I just added "downloaded program icons", will test that now.
Awesome, got 4 days with extra details and program icons. Now going for 5 days, as per your recommendation.
5 days are a no go. I don't think the extra timer makes any difference at all.
interesting...the timer is only going to show a difference when it is actually trying to do an http request. So as an example if you run the 4 days with no delay and it takes 38 seconds. Then you set the delay to 3 seconds and rerun the delay it will still take 38 seconds...as that is the time it takes for tvheadend to parse the already downloaded files.

Let's try this a different way. You said you can download 14 days with no extra details enabled. Let's turn off the extra program details and program icons. Run the grabber. It should finish. As a result, you should have 56 numbered files (start with a number - not the ones that start with letters) in your .kodi/addons/tools.module.zap2xml/cache folder. This folder is hidden, but I assume you know how to access it?

If that runs ok - add either the program icon or the extra details download with 1 second delay and see what happens. If it fails, post the log and we'll take a look.
No, I have no idea how to access the hidden cache folder.

As a result, you should have 56 numbered files (start with a number - not the ones that start with letters) in your .kodi/addons/tools.module.zap2xml/cache folder. This folder is hidden, but I assume you know how to access it?
Ran the test again with 14 channels and only extra details selected with 1 second delay. Failed. Grab took 240 seconds.

Posted the log on Dropbox link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ckgsxowyrwnfm7...l.log?dl=0
OK - that parsed 1 through 17 (each number represents 6 hours data) and then tried to grab 18 through 56 and failed as it started downloading the extra details on 21.

Rerun leaving the settings in place...and then post the log. I want to see if it picks up where it left off and fails after another 3 sets of downloads.
I have added more files, renamed them. Same setup, just re-running the scan per your request. Here is the link to the folder with the files.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pdzpjgr9va533...4faOa?dl=0