Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Extremely Slow import of EPG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys,

Just recently started using this PVR client for my Enigma2 receiver (ZGEMMA Star S) on Open ATV 5.1. I've noticed that the PVR client pulls the channel list fairly quickly, however, when it goes onto the second stage (importing guide from client), it's painfully slow. I don't know if this is my box being slow or whether this is down to the PVR or something else. So far it's been over 1.5 hours since I loaded Kodi and it is still importing the guide with a progress of less than 20%. Undecided

Does anyone have an explanation as to why it's taking this long and any advice as to how I may solve this? I know I could fix this by only loading one bouquet, but I would like to be able to access all my channels. Is the import speed I'm experiencing normal or out of the ordinary?

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks! Wink
No, that's not normal.
The speed of importing EPG data depends on how many channels you are using in your 'Favourites' list.
I've about 300 channels and the import takes about 4-5 minutes.

A kodi log would be useful.
Thanks for the reply lizard-king. I seemed to have found a solution to my problem today by limiting the PVR client to only fetch one bouquet. I set up a list of my favourite channels and set the client to only fetch that bouquet. It has approx 140 channels and on Kodi startup and the 'importing guide' notification loads up in less than 10-15 seconds instead of the 2+ hours it normally took. I guess it's not really designed to load up over 1300 channels in one go, but I don't really need all these channels to load up.

I also noticed that the EPG guide loads the now and next information for all the channels first and then starts loading up the rest of the EPG which is pretty smart.

Thanks for leting me know that this was not normal. Thread will be marked as solved.
I'm glad that you finally found a solution.
Just one thing to mention:
Go to Settings-TV-EPG and check the value of 'EPG update interval'.
I'd recommend to set it up to (at least) 2 hours, that should work fine.
Yep, I already set it to 2 hours, although I've reconsidered and bumped it up to 10 hours now Big Grin

Also got my 'days to display' setting as only 1 day as that's all I really need.

One thing I've noticed though is that picons do not show up on Kodi, although displaying and set up correctly on my receiver. I'm using locally stored channel logos on my Kodi device instead anyways to reduce loading times from my receiever and overall speed when browsing through my channel list. Just thought I'd share.

Thanks! Wink