Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Cannot see my skin with Kodi Krypton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have just updated my development branch to merge with master, and my fresh Kodi built will not display my skin. The skin is not listed in the skin selection dialog, even though it is present in ~/.kodi/addons as it has always been.

Is there a new way to declare a skin for kodi to see it ??
Firstly: ensure that the xbmc.gui is correct in your skin's addon.xml:

Code:
<requires>
    <import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.11.0"/>
  </requires>

Secondly: ensure that the skin is enabled in the addon browser.
ok I had the <import> part figured out, but I was missing the "enabled" bit... thank you for the tip, it is loading now....
ok I also forgot to follow the changes in xml files listed here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=250862

now the skin is up and loaded but... some textures are broken and replaced with white surfaces, I tried to run the TexturePacker tool, but it is not solving this and I don't see anything relevant in the log file either.

Something changed in the way textures are defined?
Textures are case sensitive. I remember having a similar issue with textures disappearing and it came down to case sensitivity.
Hi Bumpaneer,

I checked my xml files, and the case is correct. I believe it could be related with the file format, it seems the problem only concerns the files I have modified. I am still using some texture files I copied from Confluence and those seem fine...

Is there something like a maximum size, resolution, or whatever else the image files should respect?
ok, after doing all sort of tests, I just realized that if I *remove* the Texture.xbt file from my media directory, my textures are correctly loaded and displayed.

So I am a little confused, on one hand it is good because things are working back as usual for me, but on the other hand I really don't understand what is going on...
i don't mind having a look at it, is your skin available for download?
Make sure to build your textures with the latest version of the texture packer, otherwise it won't work with Krypton
Hi,
I think it must be related with the TexturePacker I am using. The issue is that no version information is provided with --help.

Also it seems the method to build texture packer has changed in Krypton, so I am not too sure I am building it properly. What would be the right method to build the tool in the current master branch?