Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-12-23, 23:30)jznine Wrote: [ -> ]I'm still having no luck playing anything in Librelec x86 nightly. Youtube plugin is 5.3.6. Dash option is greyed out in the options. Any help or ideas would be appreciated. It is running fine on my Android install.

Debug log http://pastebin.com/VSHYA9k4

I take it you've enabled the InputStream Adaptive add-on (version 1.0.6 at time of writing) from Add-ons > My Add-ons > VideoPlayer InputStream ?
(2016-12-25, 01:12)sabrex Wrote: [ -> ]I take it you've enabled the InputStream Adaptive add-on (version 1.0.6 at time of writing) from Add-ons > My Add-ons > VideoPlayer InputStream ?

Yep, I just went in there to check and it is ticked and at 1.0.6.
is there any version that works that doesn't give the over daily allowed limit error? i guess we have to make our own key now?
(2016-12-25, 06:17)jznine Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-25, 01:12)sabrex Wrote: [ -> ]I take it you've enabled the InputStream Adaptive add-on (version 1.0.6 at time of writing) from Add-ons > My Add-ons > VideoPlayer InputStream ?

Yep, I just went in there to check and it is ticked and at 1.0.6.
I did a re-install and manually removed the youtube plugin folder, and re-installed it again, and now the dash option is no longer greyed out. But I still can't play anything, as I get the api limit, and when I entered my own keys I generated, I get a login fail when trying to re-login via the plug-in.
There is any chance to play videos at 1080p?
(2016-12-23, 20:29)jdf76 Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using a dash version?

try it w/o dash and see if it does that. go to your settings and turn Use Mpeg-Dash off

Jeff

No I have not use dash version.
Here id debug log - http://pastebin.com/MbvHktC0

Explanation for activity in log file.
1. 20:58:09 - Enabled Debug Logging
2. 20:58:40 - Started cartoon (5 minutes long) at YouTube and left it on itself
3. 21:24:25 - Checked temperature and it was 80

That's how it looks in htop:
Is there any way to use youtube like the browser version?
When I search for something in browser version and play a song then it gives me a bunch of suggestions that are same genre or relative.
Or can I link from kodi to a browser page so I do not have to exit kodi to see you yube videos.
Thanks
(2016-12-25, 20:42)[email protected] Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any way to use youtube like the browser version?
When I search for something in browser version and play a song then it gives me a bunch of suggestions that are same genre or relative.
Or can I link from kodi to a browser page so I do not have to exit kodi to see you yube videos.
Thanks

If you're using LibreELEC, then you can install the Chromium add-on from the LibreELEC repo and access youtube.com/tv from within Chromium. But that doesn't have anything to do with the YouTube add-on being discussed in this thread. The experience on Chromium is also not optimal on most systems.
In Estuary v2 skin, Watched marks are not seen in WideList View.
In Estouchy, the marks are not seen at all
Hi Guys,

I have Nvidia Shield TV and SPMC 16.5.3 and i can't enable Dash, what should i do ? i tried to reinstall it and reinstallled the plugin many times but still there is no option to enable it.

i also checked in All Addon, i dont see Inputstream there, it works fine in normal Kodi, i can enable the Dash in addon.
(2016-12-25, 06:32)knives of ice Wrote: [ -> ]is there any version that works that doesn't give the over daily allowed limit error? i guess we have to make our own key now?

Please see the FAQ and API Key Instructions on Page 1 here.
Will be there a Like and Comment feature anytime soon?
Sorry no, not that I am aware of.
(2016-12-25, 07:22)jznine Wrote: [ -> ]I did a re-install and manually removed the youtube plugin folder, and re-installed it again, and now the dash option is no longer greyed out. But I still can't play anything, as I get the api limit, and when I entered my own keys I generated, I get a login fail when trying to re-login via the plug-in.

Not sure if an update rolled out or something, but I am now all sorted again - can login and use my own API keys and play ok, and dash support is enabled.
(2016-12-27, 01:59)jznine Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if an update rolled out or something, but I am now all sorted again - can login and use my own API keys and play ok, and dash support is enabled.

It's a Christmas miracle! Wink