Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-04-11, 19:44)jdf76 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello.

As requested we finally have a repository for you guys

https://github.com/jdf76/repository/raw/...in-1.0.zip

Please grab it here. We've tested it ourselves just to make sure everything worked. Give it a go and let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you!
Jeff

* wanted to give thanks to misty01 for the help with the repo Wink
Very great..... i have 5 minutes ago remove my doubles folder and i have install latest zip of 5.1.20.6 manually and tomorrow i install the zip of repository.......
I would like to contribute to this great add-on in form of language translation.
jdf76, can you send me a PM. (For some reason i can't)
Mkej you need at least 10 posts for answer or write a PN. What language you would translate in?
(2016-04-12, 14:17)h0d3nt3uf3l Wrote: [ -> ]Mkej you need at least 10 posts for answer or write a PN. What language you would translate in?

Or also it's possibly to pick the default language here:
https://github.com/Kolifanes/plugin.vide...s/language

And after using a thread whit CODE TAG whit all translate... for italian language i have using same ways and @jd76 has using on recent version Smile

Otherwise i have installed the repo 1.0 manually from zip......... now for future version you need to forward every new version and you can't modify the same 5.1.20.6 zip or the plugins it's not automatically upgraded Smile
DJDiabolik, we've discussed and tried a lot about the repo. We now (think we) know how to use it and push the new versions Smile
(2016-04-12, 16:07)h0d3nt3uf3l Wrote: [ -> ]DJDiabolik, we've discussed and tried a lot about the repo. We now (think we) know how to use it and push the new versions Smile

Ah ok........
Yah when i do an update i'm no longer going to put them in the releases on github, they're going to go on the repo. Mainly kolifanes gihub is where were going to be able to do updates and if they fail we can revert but it wont bother you guys. I think over the new few months i'm probably going to move it all to a central repo so i can get it linked up with kodi again like it was before.

Jeff
Thats fine, just fork the repo on github and then let us know which language you are going to translate for us.

Thanks
jeff

(2016-04-12, 13:59)MKej Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to contribute to this great add-on in form of language translation.
jdf76, can you send me a PM. (For some reason i can't)
Will every automatic update from the repository require a log out and log in ? I am still using 5.1.19 and haven't seen the "exceeded quota" message since I installed it.
5.1.19 is very old which is why you're getting the exceeded quota message.

You need to get the latest version which is 5.1.20.6. In my signature i have where you can get my repository which will autoupdate and the direct plugin zip file.

Unfortunately you will need to remove the addon_data/plugin.video.youtube directory as their has been a few changes and the uninstall routine will not get rid of this.

Code:
ok go to the file manager under system. select profile directory

Then select addon_data

then highlight plugin.video.youtube

hit c for the context menu and select delete.

Once it's removed go out of the file manager.

go to settings and then add-ons.

Then select my addons

go to the video add-ons menu

select youtube and hit the context menu again.

click add-on information.

click uninstall.

once this is done, it should be gone, but if you absolutely want to be sure. exit out of kodi and then hunt down your kodi directory and then go to addons and if you see a plugin.video.youtube delete that folder.

If you still have trouble let me know.

Thanks
Jeff

(2016-04-13, 17:28)blueribb Wrote: [ -> ]Will every automatic update from the repository require a log out and log in ? I am still using 5.1.19 and haven't seen the "exceeded quota" message since I installed it.
Jeff, I have not seen the "exceeded quota" message since I installed 5.1.19 a long time ago. I will keep using it until it fails. My question was about auto-updates and the new repository. Will they require a log out and log in for each auto-update ?
they shouldnt, only if we change the api keys. I'll notify the people if that needs to happen before i push out an update. Pretty much any newer updates that get pushed out will be tested out by myself or others so we'll know before hand whether you have to wipe out your addon data directory (essentially logging out and in).

Jeff
Can the uninstall routine be made to remove the addon_data / plugin.video.youtube directory ?
Hi,

Is there any possibility to add an option to play all videos from a playlist?
Everything works great, except still having issues logging in through the app. I'm not receiving the first confirmation code pop-up. Does having 2-factor authentication turned on in google cause problems with the app?