Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-07-10, 11:41)Rapboy Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to call the example below with the Youtube plugin?

Code:
youtube.com/embed/?status=ok&allow_embed=0&showinfo=0&=docs&partnerid=30&autoplay=1&docid=0BzwKQuU1i77RMDJGZ19ZMEpvWEk

mmmmmmm..... how it's works ? If i open the link directly i obtain the video.... but if i click on "Watch on Youtube" button on bottom right i obtain video it's not avaible......
(2017-07-10, 09:34)jdf76 Wrote: [ -> ]debug log (wiki) would be great

Jeff

Apologies. I wasn't expecting the developer to offer possibly investigating it for me. Smile

http://paste.ubuntu.com/25061255/

I pasted it manually, so as not to bombard you with a whole log to filter through.

This is running on the latest Kodi Leia nightly, on a Linux Mint 18.2 (Sonya) OS. Let me know if you need anything else from me and many thanks for taking the time to check this out.
Is the DASH-problem (where it fails to keep playing) solvable? I much prefer 1080P over 720P, but the issues are hard to deal with.
(2017-07-10, 14:57)DjDiabolik Wrote: [ -> ]mmmmmmm..... how it's works ? If i open the link directly i obtain the video.... but if i click on "Watch on Youtube" button on bottom right i obtain video it's not avaible......

I have no idea how it works. It might have been uploaded onto a partner YouTube website or something along those lines. It seems the link originates from youtube.googleapis.com.

But I have been able to solve my problem by using regex to resolve the page and find the actual video url. Was much more easier than I thought, but was hoping for a simple solution such calling plugin:....youtube.com?docid="blablahblah"
(2017-07-10, 21:17)Rapboy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-10, 14:57)DjDiabolik Wrote: [ -> ]mmmmmmm..... how it's works ? If i open the link directly i obtain the video.... but if i click on "Watch on Youtube" button on bottom right i obtain video it's not avaible......

I have no idea how it works. It might have been uploaded onto a partner YouTube website or something along those lines. It seems the link originates from youtube.googleapis.com.

But I have been able to solve my problem by using regex to resolve the page and find the actual video url. Was much more easier than I thought, but was hoping for a simple solution such calling plugin:....youtube.com?docid="blablahblah"

Have you tried using the Youtube endpoints from this post?
(2017-07-10, 02:05)Artstar Wrote: [ -> ]I'm seeing others have had the issue of being stuck at the Sign In option on the YouTube plugin, coincidentally since 5.4.0 was released.

Even downgrading and/or deleting the settings,xml doesn't fix this issue. Has anyone already managed to fix theirs and if so, what was the solution?

Same here! Creating new credentials did not help.
Running Kodi 18 on Ubuntu 16.04.
I also cannot access the 'Youtube Settings' ...
(2017-07-10, 23:26)MetalChris Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried using the Youtube endpoints from this post?

Unless I missed something, none of those end points are applicable to my situation
I can access the kodi settings fine with Kodi 18 however i cannot sign in. I have notified the dev to take a look but since this is still beta, it's not a super priority at the moment.

It was tested on macOS, Windows, OSMC and found to work fine on 17.3 before i released to the repo.

Thanks
Jeff
(2017-07-11, 11:17)jdf76 Wrote: [ -> ]I can access the kodi settings fine with Kodi 18 however i cannot sign in. I have notified the dev to take a look but since this is still beta, it's not a super priority at the moment.

It was tested on macOS, Windows, OSMC and found to work fine on 17.3 before i released to the repo.

Thanks
Jeff
Glad to know it's not just me then. Thanks for escalating it. Much appreciated!

Not worried about the timing. I accept the risks I take in using alphas and betas. [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-N910G
Ok looks like Kodi 18 is still alpha so there are several fixes on kodi's side that are in the works. once it gets out of alpha and all the fixes are in kodi's side we'll look into see if the same problems are there.

Jeff
(2017-07-11, 05:01)MicTie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-10, 02:05)Artstar Wrote: [ -> ]I'm seeing others have had the issue of being stuck at the Sign In option on the YouTube plugin, coincidentally since 5.4.0 was released.

Even downgrading and/or deleting the settings,xml doesn't fix this issue. Has anyone already managed to fix theirs and if so, what was the solution?

Same here! Creating new credentials did not help.
Running Kodi 18 on Ubuntu 16.04.
I also cannot access the 'Youtube Settings' ...

same setup here. seems it broke in the last day or so for me on ubuntu 16.04 and 18a

i can get to the settings and reset everything to defaults and managed to do the activation again (enabled the setup wizard), but it still doesn't sign-in.

from the debug log it looks like something to do with not being able to read the settings, and it looks like they've been p1ssing about with that:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/0412...f404609490
I'll be honest, i don't think anything is going to be done with the Youtube Plugin until Kodi 18 is out of alpha atleast.

Though i'm not a coder so i can only tell you what i've learned.

Jeff
I also believe that the problem is not with Youtube but with Kodi 18. Since # 0711 synonymous again "play from here" in the YouTube Addon with mmal Player. , So this is a sign that was fixed on pages Kodi.
All we have to do is wait and see.

Greetings Cosmicbase
(2017-07-09, 21:33)Casey96SS Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-07, 22:58)RojR Wrote: [ -> ]It didn't work for me either. Still getting 'HTTP returned error 403' when trying to play my own private videos.

I am having this same problem. Everything works fine except playing videos from my own channel. Running Kodi 17.3 on LibreElec 8 with a personal API. Any idea what the issue might be?

I was asking about this problem on IRC (talked to Davu) He suggested to come here, but it seems the thread is about several issues.
I'm having this exact problem, no issues with logging in.. I can see my Channel and all listings.. but can't play them.. the 403 shows up in the log.
Help would be appreciated. Who wants to look at others' youtube videos.. pfff.. I want to look at MINE! hahha
I'm back to testbuild #0705, it works fine. There is may bug with a xml setting serializer and xml setting loader.