Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
why does this addon have a quota? It's Youtube for crying out loud. How do i bypass this quota.
(2016-04-17, 07:19)user1204 Wrote: [ -> ]why does this addon have a quota? It's Youtube for crying out loud. How do i bypass this quota.
The answers have already been provided for crying out loud. Start reading!
I guess then the question should be how can this be used without the API key setup and trying it to a specific account?

Can a single API key be used with multiple accounts?
Crash logs on Krypton send by email

Thanks for checking

Edit: Meanwile the Plugin works. I did not made any changes and also no update has happened via Repo, but I think that the issue was related to the default view.

Currenty it is set to Icon Wall which works. I think there is no default view or the default view is not available in Krypton
Youtube Quota.

Will it auto update with new key to fix?

Or is it new api key required ?

Can it be written in addon to avoid this quota bar?

Thanks guys for all that has been done , been a pleasure to follow this thread.

All the best jamsb.
There are instructions in the 3rd post of this thread on setting up your own API keys.

By default you will be using the common shared keys which are what the quota message relates to. But you can make your own using those instructions and then enter them via the settings menu of the add-on. You don't need to edit files any more, as the add-on has been updated since that post to make things simpler via the settings menu.
@DarrenHill

Thanks for the clear pointer.

Have updated and all is well. Thankyou.

I was not clear about changing from default to own keys.

Many thanks.

Alll the best jamsb.
About youtube Quota we're searching for a solution.
I'm new in the youtube-api world and don't know much about but I'm trying to get through an found a solution.
The API-Pool which is installed allready don't rotate at this time. My willing is to get the addon knowing if the quote is reached and change the key. Sadly you have to login again, if the API-key you're using is out of quota.
Maybe someone could help me a little for understanding about Quota etc. Smile

The best, like DarrenHill said, is to get your own key and install it. Then you're the only one who is using it and the quota won't be used to much.
@ h0d3nt3uf3l

You also raise somethings i have thought about also.

Seems when to be out of quota in addon with message will be updated leter made me wonder if some proceedure i had to do.

Clearly for now as posted above on post count 3 of this thread is way forward for to fix quota bar/restriction.

I also think as you correctly write i dont know the rotational use of api keys with pooled default keys within the addon.

All the best jamsb.
(2016-04-02, 19:51)jdf76 Wrote: [ -> ]Current issue list.

1. Watch later list does NOT remove the actual video from the list (automated or otherwise)
2. Age restriction blocks people from watching the Video.
3. Adding channels to "KODI favorites" doesn't auto-update
4. My Subscriptions does NOT sort by date
5. Incorrect information on addon listing. Grammar or Spelling incorrect.
6. Issue with sorting on "My Subscriptions"

7. Issue with History. Watched Videos here are not added to your history. *may not be possible*
8. Quota limit issue is back. Must fix the API pool.

Some discussions from the old list will be at

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=200735
Newly suggested #8 candidate.
(2016-04-14, 15:29)jdf76 Wrote: [ -> ]Actually it's already there.

Click context on the playlist and hit play all.

It will ask you the order and then boom there you go.

Jeff

(2016-04-13, 19:49)mvrk Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
Is there any possibility to add an option to play all videos from a playlist?

Thanks, i can't believe i never tried to click the context on the playlist! Smile
I got this working fine on Kodi, all my subscriptions and info pull without issues. I added the correct API keys.
My only issue is that I put channels in my favorites or Super Favorites and get the error [Mapping for path '/channel/UC4Poo.....' not found]

Is there a way to set a direct link to a channel from favorites or must I always direct press through the YouTube addon? I assumed it was looking for a logged in account, but I'm always in.

Thoughts?
(2016-04-17, 16:43)jamsb Wrote: [ -> ]@ h0d3nt3uf3l

You also raise somethings i have thought about also.

Seems when to be out of quota in addon with message will be updated leter made me wonder if some proceedure i had to do.

Clearly for now as posted above on post count 3 of this thread is way forward for to fix quota bar/restriction.

I also think as you correctly write i dont know the rotational use of api keys with pooled default keys within the addon.

All the best jamsb.

Well h0d3nt3uf3l and I right now are putting in a way to enable the API keys, but also use the default keys

right now the set up by default uses the youtube-tv api key only for everything.

Since more and more people use that more and more quotas fill up.

I created a new account with 9 API keys and planning to put an API key radio key option.

before i submit it as a finished product i may ask you guys to do a test with this version we make just to see if it will work or not. If it doesn't work then we will figure out what the next step will be. The idea would be to think "how can I make it so we don't run out of API quota"

I hope this helps give you into my thinking for my next step..

P.S. I submitted version 5.1.20.6 to Kodi-plugins, it's awaiting moderator approval. So hopefully when that happens it'll be in the kodi repository.

Thanks
Jeff
(2016-04-17, 19:03)McButton Wrote: [ -> ]I got this working find on Kodi, all my subscriptions and info pull without issues. I added the correct API keys.
My only issue is that I put channels in my favorites or Super Favorites and get the error [Mapping for path '/channel/UC4Poo.....' not found]

Is there a way to set a direct link to a channel from favorites or must I always direct press through the YouTube addon? I assumed it was looking for a logged in account, but I'm always in.

Thoughts?

There is a current bug that I know about when you favorite an item it stores it as a channel. Unfortunately that channel doesn't auto-update in the favorites., you would have to go to the favorites editor and change it to the user. I hope to discover why that is or at least change it to adding the channel as a user instead.

Thanks
(2016-04-17, 19:11)jdf76 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-17, 19:03)McButton Wrote: [ -> ]I got this working find on Kodi, all my subscriptions and info pull without issues. I added the correct API keys.

Thoughts?

There is a current bug that I know about when you favorite an item it stores it as a channel. Unfortunately that channel doesn't auto-update in the favorites., you would have to go to the favorites editor and change it to the user. I hope to discover why that is or at least change it to adding the channel as a user instead.

Thanks
(2016-04-17, 17:18)*Spider* Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-02, 19:51)jdf76 Wrote: [ -> ]Current issue list.

1. Watch later list does NOT remove the actual video from the list (automated or otherwise)
2. Age restriction blocks people from watching the Video.
3. Adding channels to "KODI favorites" doesn't auto-update
4. My Subscriptions does NOT sort by date
5. Incorrect information on addon listing. Grammar or Spelling incorrect.
6. Issue with sorting on "My Subscriptions"

7. Issue with History. Watched Videos here are not added to your history. *may not be possible*
8. Quota limit issue is back. Must fix the API pool.
9. Favoriting a video adds it as a channel instead of as a user.

Some discussions from the old list will be at

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=200735
Newly suggested #8 candidate.
Newly suggested #9 candidate.