Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-09-18, 21:42)jdf76 Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone please test the Android version?

Jeff

You said about using the last 5.4.5 on latest kodi runned by an Android device ? My brother use it... he never speak to me about problems/trouble recently and i thinks all it's works....
(2017-09-20, 09:47)Josef_Levi Wrote: [ -> ]Hey,
I want to translate your YouTube plugin into Hebrew.
Where can I get the strings.po and where to send the ready file?
Cheers,

Hebrew is implemented, or at least the string.po with Hebrew translations is already present. In the link below are all languages in the YouTube add-on.

YouTube Languages

Normally you would join github and fork the repository, once forked, you can make changes and submit a pull request back to the original repository.

The owner (Jeff aka jdf76) of the repository may accept your changes a different way, but you will need to contact him to find out.
(2017-09-20, 16:22)misty01 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-09-20, 09:47)Josef_Levi Wrote: [ -> ]Hey,
I want to translate your YouTube plugin into Hebrew.
Where can I get the strings.po and where to send the ready file?
Cheers,

Hebrew is implemented, or at least the string.po with Hebrew translations is already present. In the link below are all languages in the YouTube add-on.

YouTube Languages

Normally you would join github and fork the repository, once forked, you can make changes and submit a pull request back to the original repository.

The owner (Jeff aka jdf76) of the repository may accept your changes a different way, but you will need to contact him to find out.

I would prefer it that way if possible.

Jeff
Working Fine on FireTV ( Android) Krypton 17.4 --> inputstream enabled having 1080p Videos

Does the latest version supportes "saved playlist" from other users? Currently only self-created playlists shows up and not the playlist's i added to my library

--> my current workaround: subscribe to channel, then use shortcut to their playlist and implement into skin
(2017-09-19, 14:12)jmh2002 Wrote: [ -> ]Please see the following from the FAQ in Post #3 on Page #1 of this thread

Thanks for the reply. As I understand from that post, it's a skin related issue. I checked my addons and found a skin widget update avaible but after applying it successfully it didn't solve the Media view. So I checked for the Confluence skin addon (I'm using Kodi 16 default skin) but when I try to update it, ot says no update available.

What am i missing here?
Kodi 17 is now the most current version, so I'm not sure if Confluence for version 16 has been retrospectively updated regarding skin views.

Your alternative option is to use the unofficial versions of the YouTube addon which gives you back the ability to set views from within the addon settings. See post #1 for the links.
(2017-09-21, 16:57)jmh2002 Wrote: [ -> ]Your alternative option is to use the unofficial versions of the YouTube addon which gives you back the ability to set views from within the addon settings. See post #1 for the links.

The link in the 1st post to the unofficial version 5.4.3 is dead (404 at GitHub).
But here is the link to the updated unofficial version 5.4.5 at the same GitHub user (for anyone looking):
https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.yo...-5.4.5.zip
(2017-09-21, 17:52)kingleo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-09-21, 16:57)jmh2002 Wrote: [ -> ]Your alternative option is to use the unofficial versions of the YouTube addon which gives you back the ability to set views from within the addon settings. See post #1 for the links.

The link in the 1st post to the unofficial version 5.4.3 is dead (404 at GitHub).
But here is the link to the updated unofficial version 5.4.5 at the same GitHub user (for anyone looking):
https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.yo...-5.4.5.zip

I fixed the first page. Sorry for the error.

Jeff
Hello,

On my Samsung Smart TV i can use the youtube tv feature to choose youtube videos directly from the android app and send them to the tv. The great advantage of this System is that anybody who has the youtube android app can connect to my tv and send youtube videos WITHOUT need to download a alternate app like Kodi Remote etc..

My question is if there is any possibility to act my Raspberry Pi with Kodi as a SmartTv with the Youtube TV feature ?

Thank you for your Response.

Greetings
Manicat
(2017-09-22, 10:35)Manicat Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

On my Samsung Smart TV i can use the youtube tv feature to choose youtube videos directly from the android app and send them to the tv. The great advantage of this System is that anybody who has the youtube android app can connect to my tv and send youtube videos WITHOUT need to download a alternate app like Kodi Remote etc..

My question is if there is any possibility to act my Raspberry Pi with Kodi as a SmartTv with the Youtube TV feature ?

Thank you for your Response.

Greetings
Manicat

Yes, install and configure the youtube app on kodi.
Then install either kore or yatse (or both) on your android phone, and set it up to control your kodi instance
On your android phone, start a youtube video via the youtube andoid app.
Tap the share button in the android kodi app and choose kodi (the exact name of the "share" option will depend on whether you use kore or yatse).

That may sound like a PITA, but once you have all the software in place, it is easy as pie.
I can't figure out how to see the videos of a channel in the order they were added. There are sort options for "date" and "date added" and an option for ascending/descending but no combination of these actually results in seeing the oldest videos on top, at least for channels with a lot of videos.
The test case I used is the channel "lindybeige". The oldest two videos are about sabers (when selecting "oldest first" via the youtube website) but those videos never appear on top when trying to sort this way in Kodi
I've searched the thread but haven't been able to find the answer.

I've configured MPEG-DASH and the adaptive stream and it works because I can view Youtube content even in 1080p, however whenever I skip forward in a video I will lose sound for 5 seconds. After that it will start playing again.
Is there a way to

Windows: 10
Kodi: 17.4
Youtube: 5.4.5
@Rouzax, have the same behavior on Linux. Sometimes, sound is gone completely. Didn't have this earlier, maybe it started after I switched to DASH. Will try without it..
Yesterday my Watch Later menu item suddenly disappeared. Today I figured out a work-around to get it back. I set my custom Watch Later playlist id as "WL" (without quotes) and it works. Most likely Google changed something to break the default setting (assuming I'm not the only person this happened to).
(2017-09-24, 15:24)bam80 Wrote: [ -> ]@Rouzax, have the same behavior on Linux. Sometimes, sound is gone completely. Didn't have this earlier, maybe it started after I switched to DASH. Will try without it..
I checked and it definitely related to DASH - when I switched it off, sound present almost immediately after rewind. Otherwise - since ~5 secs.
Is it known behavior, or should we file a bug?