Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-09-22, 11:04)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-09-22, 10:35)Manicat Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

On my Samsung Smart TV i can use the youtube tv feature to choose youtube videos directly from the android app and send them to the tv. The great advantage of this System is that anybody who has the youtube android app can connect to my tv and send youtube videos WITHOUT need to download a alternate app like Kodi Remote etc..

My question is if there is any possibility to act my Raspberry Pi with Kodi as a SmartTv with the Youtube TV feature ?

Thank you for your Response.

Greetings
Manicat

Yes, install and configure the youtube app on kodi.
Then install either kore or yatse (or both) on your android phone, and set it up to control your kodi instance
On your android phone, start a youtube video via the youtube andoid app.
Tap the share button in the android kodi app and choose kodi (the exact name of the "share" option will depend on whether you use kore or yatse).

That may sound like a PITA, but once you have all the software in place, it is easy as pie.

Thanks for the reply.
I already had knew that you can send videos via the Kodi or yatse app. I also use this feature for my smartphone.
But my question was if there is a way i can ONLY use the Youtube app to send videos to Kodi like Paring a SmartTV (with Youtube Addon) with the Android Youtube App.
No.
(2017-09-24, 18:13)Calitar Wrote: [ -> ]Yesterday my Watch Later menu item suddenly disappeared. Today I figured out a work-around to get it back. I set my custom Watch Later playlist id as "WL" (without quotes) and it works. Most likely Google changed something to break the default setting (assuming I'm not the only person this happened to).

I just noticed my Watch Later list was missing this morning. Tried a couple of things with no joy. Your "WL" trick worked like a charm. I have no idea how you figured it out but I am impressed and deeply grateful. Thank you!
(2017-09-25, 02:42)VegasGuy Wrote: [ -> ]I just noticed my Watch Later list was missing this morning. Tried a couple of things with no joy. Your "WL" trick worked like a charm. I have no idea how you figured it out but I am impressed and deeply grateful. Thank you!
I loaded the Watch Later playlist on the website and noticed that the URL was https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=WL so I figured it was worth a try.
same here... "Watch Later" disappeared, and one more button - I think "History" (which also now supports a custom ID)

I noticed because i remember having 3 rows full of thumbs... now the last row has 2 less thumbs.

I see how you got "WL" for the Watch Later list (the URL is https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=WL), but History is not its own playlist.
(2017-09-25, 04:05)gitman Wrote: [ -> ]same here... "Watch Later" disappeared, and one more button - I think "History" (which also now supports a custom ID)

I noticed because i remember having 3 rows full of thumbs... now the last row has 2 less thumbs.

I see how you got "WL" for the Watch Later list (the URL is https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=WL), but History is not its own playlist.

Interesting. I didn't have History turned on but I just tried turning it on and it didn't show up. I have no clue how to work around this since "history" doesn't work as an id.
It's really not clear to me what the situation is in the above several posts, or why you are doing this.

Maybe referring to the following from the FAQ in Post #3 on Page #1 here will help clarify the situation: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2299963

* HOW TO USE THE CUSTOM WATCH LATER and CUSTOM HISTORY FEATURE

Using the Custom Watch Later and the Custom History nothing has changed for me, and nothing has disappeared or stopped working at present.
(2017-09-25, 06:58)jmh2002 Wrote: [ -> ]It's really not clear to me what the situation is in the above several posts, or why you are doing this.

Maybe referring to the following from the FAQ in Post #3 on Page #1 here will help clarify the situation: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2299963

* HOW TO USE THE CUSTOM WATCH LATER and CUSTOM HISTORY FEATURE

Using the Custom Watch Later and the Custom History nothing has changed for me, and nothing has disappeared stopped working at present.

The buttons that were there just up and disappeared. Not sure if it's because of the recent update or what. How long ago did the API stop supporting those features? I'll admit it has been a long time since I attempted to access them.

Edit: I did not previously have custom ID's set.
Edit 2: I created a "Kodi History" playlist based on the instructions you linked to. Thanks.
(2017-09-25, 07:11)gitman Wrote: [ -> ]How long ago did the API stop supporting those features? I'll admit it has been a long time since I attempted to access them.
The API stopped supporting those features a LONG time ago, from memory more than a year ago now.
(2017-09-25, 07:11)gitman Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: I did not previously have custom ID's set.
There you go.
(2017-09-25, 07:11)gitman Wrote: [ -> ]Edit 2: I created a "Kodi History" playlist based on the instructions you linked to. Thanks.
I would also suggest that you create a "Kodi Watch List" playlist too, because without this all functionality will not be available.
Yes, because the assumption (at least from me) is that by now, after so long, everyone is already using the Custom Lists, and/or has read my FAQ and decided they don't need ithem. So this change shouldn't have really affected many users.

PS: If I helped solve your problem, please see my signature Smile
as the saying goes, "you don't know what you have until it's gone". thanked Smile
(2017-09-25, 07:36)jmh2002 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, because the assumption (at least from me) is that by now, after so long, everyone is already using the Custom Lists, and/or has read my FAQ and decided they don't need ithem. So this change shouldn't have really affected many users.

PS: If I helped solve your problem, please see my signature Smile
I was knowingly dealing with the limitations of using the official Watch Later on Kodi because using a Custom List is a total pain. In particular adding a video to the list from the website (which I often do) takes much longer with a custom list since it can be added to the official Watch Later just by clicking a button on the thumbnail.

EDIT: I should add that I'm NOT saying that devs need to go out of their way to keep supporting the official list, since I know that the API no longer supports it. I'm just trying to explain why someone might prefer the official list over a custom one.
All,

When we get to page 200, i'm going to close out this thread and open a new one.

Also note in 5.5.x branch will require isengard or higher for new paths of translations.

Thanks
Jeff
(2017-09-25, 18:30)jdf76 Wrote: [ -> ]All,

When we get to page 200, i'm going to close out this thread and open a new one.

Also note in 5.5.x branch will require isengard or higher for new paths of translations.

Thanks
Jeff

Please put a follow me link in last post :-)