Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
it is still possible to use the addon api like this for other addons ?

url = "plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?path=/root/video&action=play_video&videoid=%s" % id
listitem = xbmcgui.ListItem(path=url)
xbmcplugin.setResolvedUrl(pluginhandle, succeeded=True, listitem=listitem)
Theoretically, if it worked before it should still work. We haven't changed any code regarding that.

Jeff
doesn't work for me :-(
http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:YouTube

look there. maybe it helps
This plugin just stopped working today. I reinstalled Kodi and updated the plugin, but I still just get an error whenever I try and play a video.

Error log
URLError: <urlopen error [Errno 10060] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond>

Seems like a connection error. Mine install work properly
Maybe a debug log help more.
Nevermind. I'm not sure what was wrong, but after I deleted most of the stuff in appdata and reinstalled the plugin it works. Sorry for bothering you.
No Problem Wink better than something is really broken.
(2016-05-06, 06:09)h0d3nt3uf3l Wrote: [ -> ]The plugin is saving the data for later access to save resources and quota. But this Data is mainly in a database saved. I'll have a look at it Smile but it's not critical, isn't it?

It's not really that critical. It's more like organizing the add-on's data than having the add-on creates files anywhere in Kodi's directory.
(2016-05-06, 11:03)dirtylion Wrote: [ -> ]it is still possible to use the addon api like this for other addons ?

url = "plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?path=/root/video&action=play_video&videoid=%s" % id

I believe @Bromix changed the syntax slightly at some point. Should be something more like this:

Code:
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play&id=VIDEOID

It was mentioned a time or two in the original Bromix Youtube thread.
(2016-05-05, 18:34)h0d3nt3uf3l Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-05, 18:17)sjo102784 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello -

I'm new to the forum and have an issue with the Youtube plugin. I followed the instructions on this forum and everything is working great in the add-on aside from the "Recommended for you" section. I'm not at my Openelec box, but I believe it resides under the "Browse Categories" section.

When accessing under the Kodi Youtube app, it would fail to populate with an "Unknown Kind" error. Under the Youtube app using the instructions from this file, it loads without an error, but the video list is completely empty aside from a link to the previous menu.

Is there a fix for this? I wasn't able to find one in previous forum entries or elsewhere on the internet.

Thank you!

If I browse to "Recommended for you" is empty too. I'll later have a look at it.

Koying (maintainer of android SPMC) has worked on 'recommendations' on his branch of youtube add-on. His code puts recommendations on front youtube menu which I don't think it belongs there, but maybe you might want to review his code for an idea to move forward. Here's his github link: https://github.com/koying/plugin.video.y...d447df26f4
(2016-05-07, 00:22)MetalChris Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-06, 11:03)dirtylion Wrote: [ -> ]it is still possible to use the addon api like this for other addons ?

I believe @Bromix changed the syntax slightly at some point. Should be something more like this:

Code:
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play&id=VIDEOID

It was mentioned a time or two in the original Bromix Youtube thread.

I think I downloaded this info before bromix wiped his repository and wiki. This stuff would be useful on the first page of this thread. I believe these endpoints are still valid.

Code:
# ENDPOINTS
## Videos
### Play a video via ID
####Syntax
```
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=[VID]
```
####Example
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWATHgcn2QE or https://youtu.be/eWATHgcn2QE
```
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=eWATHgcn2QE
```

## Playlists
### Show videos of a playlist
```
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/playlist/[PID]/
```
### Default executing a playlist:
```
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?playlist_id=[PID]
```
### Play a playlist in a predetermined order
```
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?playlist_id=[PID]&order=[default|reverse|shuffle]
```
### Play a playlist with a starting video:
```
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?playlist_id=[PID]&video_id=[VID]
```
## Channels
### Navigate to a channel via ID:
```
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/channel/[CID]/
```
### Navigate to a channel via username:
```
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/user/[NAME]/
```
## Search
```
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/search/?q=[URL_ENCODED_TEXT]
```
@misty01 -

Thanks for posting the endpoints! I knew they were out there somewhere, just couldn't find them in the (enormous) old Bromix thread.

@jdf76 -

+1 for having these added to the first post.
@jdf76 (and other YouTube developers):

Regarding 3. Adding channels to "KODI favorites" doesn't auto-update, you may want to see my post here in the Xonfluence skin thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2330124

It seems that this might be a Kodi favourites problem, rather than an addon problem.
(2016-05-07, 15:35)jmh2002 Wrote: [ -> ]@jdf76 (and other YouTube developers):

Regarding 3. Adding channels to "KODI favorites" doesn't auto-update, you may want to see my post here in the Xonfluence skin thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2330124

It seems that this might be a Kodi favourites problem, rather than an addon problem.

Thank you for your update Smile then we don't have to look further for this issue.