Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Found no Bug on Version 5.2.0. Merged an additional section and uploaded it again.
It's now available as Version 5.2.1 over the repo.
I can't make any changes to the folders shown in the plugin, the viewed ones don't change regardless of what I tick in the "Folders" settings for the addon.
I can see "My Subscriptions" "Browse Channels" and "Search", but nothing else. And since I cant sign in because the "Sign In" folder won't show I can't watch my subscriptions either.

Anyone know about this? Using 5.2.1 but tried several older versions as well.
What do I need to delete to completely reset the Youtube addon? Is there more than what is found in AppData\Kodi\addons?
(2016-05-13, 19:14)Cinder Wrote: [ -> ]I can't make any changes to the folders shown in the plugin, the viewed ones don't change regardless of what I tick in the "Folders" settings for the addon.
I can see "My Subscriptions" "Browse Channels" and "Search", but nothing else. And since I cant sign in because the "Sign In" folder won't show I can't watch my subscriptions either.

Anyone know about this? Using 5.2.1 but tried several older versions as well.
What do I need to delete to completely reset the Youtube addon? Is there more than what is found in AppData\Kodi\addons?

Uninstall the add-on. Delete the plugin.video.youtube folder from the userdata folder. Restart Kodi (possibly not necessary). Re-install the add-on.
(2016-05-14, 00:19)MetalChris Wrote: [ -> ]Uninstall the add-on. Delete the plugin.video.youtube folder from the userdata folder. Restart Kodi (possibly not necessary). Re-install the add-on.

Doesn't work, I still only see the three folders mentioned in my previous post, no matter what I tick in the settings.
If I go into "Browse Channels" folder, I can play videos of whatever I find there, but in my case I really just want to get into the "My Subscriptions" folder, which I can't.
I tried deleting the Addons20.db file as well since the addon was mentioned there too, but it didn't make a difference.

Any other ideas?
Do you have chance to give me a debug log?
I got it to work now, I went into AppData/Kodi and searched for everything containing "youtube" and deleted all folders and related files.
It may have been something to do with a stuck setting in a skin or something, because I couldn't see that I wasn't resetting the addon itself.
First of all, thanks a lot for taking on this add-on, this is a lifesaver for a lot of people I think !

Regarding "1. Watch later list does NOT remove the actual video from the list (automated or otherwise)", as the API have been broken for a while (see here for example), what would you think of adding an option to remove the video from the current playlist when watched ?

I am running a script similar to this service which basically emulates Watch Later in a "content deletable" playlist.

If this has been discussed previously, sorry I missed it Smile
(2016-05-14, 21:30)Tymiboss Wrote: [ -> ]First of all, thanks a lot for taking on this add-on, this is a lifesaver for a lot of people I think !

Regarding "1. Watch later list does NOT remove the actual video from the list (automated or otherwise)", as the API have been broken for a while (see here for example), what would you think of adding an option to remove the video from the current playlist when watched ?

I am running a script similar to this service which basically emulates Watch Later in a "content deletable" playlist.

If this has been discussed previously, sorry I missed it Smile

Would be a useable alternative Smile
Don't know how high is the responce to such a feature. At this time my focus is on DASH-Support.
Pleas Translate "Recommend for You" to russia "Рекомендовано Вам" .
Am I correct that this addon doesn't support 60fps movies in youtube? Whatever I do, I can't seem to get the 60fps version of this video in kodi https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARHVKZ5K1b0
(2016-05-15, 13:06)movi Wrote: [ -> ]Am I correct that this addon doesn't support 60fps movies in youtube? Whatever I do, I can't seem to get the 60fps version of this video in kodi https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARHVKZ5K1b0
I think it is not possible because of Kodi itself, not 100% sure, but i have read about that it is not possible.
(2016-05-15, 14:07)blindhai Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-15, 13:06)movi Wrote: [ -> ]Am I correct that this addon doesn't support 60fps movies in youtube? Whatever I do, I can't seem to get the 60fps version of this video in kodi https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARHVKZ5K1b0
I think it is not possible because of Kodi itself, not 100% sure, but i have read about that it is not possible.

Kodi supports 60fps. Kodi does not (yet) support DASH. I suspect that if the video in question is offered @ 60fps, Youtube is using DASH to do so.
(2016-05-15, 12:33)sovaby Wrote: [ -> ]Pleas Translate "Recommend for You" to russia "Рекомендовано Вам" .

I'll insert it in the next release. Til than you can do it by yourself under "addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\language\Russian\strings.po"

For 60fps you need inputstream to play. It's not implemented in the addon, yet. We're working on it right now.
(2016-05-15, 14:23)MetalChris Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-15, 14:07)blindhai Wrote: [ -> ]

Kodi supports 60fps. Kodi does not (yet) support DASH. I suspect that if the video in question is offered @ 60fps, Youtube is using DASH to do so.
Ah ok, thanks for clarifying! Smile
I spoke too soon about the folders issue I had just recently.
It reoccurs again if I update the library in order to fetch new videos from my subscriptions.

Here's the summary:
1. I delete everything related to youtube addon.
2. I reinstall the addon and set it up.
3. I start the addon, it loads correctly and I do the setup wizard and do the 2x sign in via web browser.
4. The addon refreshes my subscription videos and everything correctly.
5. I got a notification on my phone that a new video was uploaded - I go to my computer with Kodi, then into the youtube addon and select "Update Library" (this has always worked before) - addon butts out of My Subscriptions folder and when I go back into it all I see is "..". Cannot get back into My Subscriptions without reinstalling addon.
6. Repeat from point 1.