Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-05-15, 14:34)h0d3nt3uf3l Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-15, 13:06)movi Wrote: [ -> ]Am I correct that this addon doesn't support 60fps movies in youtube? Whatever I do, I can't seem to get the 60fps version of this video in kodi https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARHVKZ5K1b0

For 60fps you need inputstream to play. It's not implemented in the addon, yet. We're working on it right now.

Will this still work in Jarvais?
Great work, glad to see someone take this up!

Is there a possibility of being able to access the captions on youtube?
About issue at point 3:
Code:
3. Adding channels to "KODI favorites" doesn't auto-update

It's usually i used "Super Favourites"as workaround ........ but there's a little problems........ if this channel have some live streaming there's no showed on result.
For reach a Live streaming the only ways it's be used the Internal Search feature ?? Because the live streaming there's no listed on video ?
It's supported in krypton first. In the nightlies its allready implmented. Right now I'm working on it to get it run via inputstream.

(2016-05-20, 20:36)movi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-15, 14:34)h0d3nt3uf3l Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-15, 13:06)movi Wrote: [ -> ]Am I correct that this addon doesn't support 60fps movies in youtube? Whatever I do, I can't seem to get the 60fps version of this video in kodi https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARHVKZ5K1b0

For 60fps you need inputstream to play. It's not implemented in the addon, yet. We're working on it right now.

Will this still work in Jarvais?
I want to share a link to a version of the YouTube add-on with download capability. I know from the old YouTube thread that many people were missing this feature after the bromix YouTube version switched over. Let me say up front, I am not the author of this download code. I examined the code, it is clean and it is exactly the same as the latest release version 5.2.1, with downloading feature added. It is using script.module.youtube.dl (an official Team Kodi maintained script) to perform the download. This version can be installed and coexist with the release version from this thread. The add-on name will show up as 'YouTube+DL' and will create a new directory named 'plugin.video.youtube.plus'. From my own limited tests, normal and age restricted video can be downloaded. Private video may not work at all.

If jdf76 (Jeff) and h0d3nt3uf3l download, examine the code, install, test and like it, maybe they will consider adding the download feature in a future release version update.

Anyway, for those that would like to check it out for themselves, here's the link: YouTube+DL ver 5.2.1.999.
Thanks for the update, i really wanna know if it is possible to play 1080p video with the add-on
(2016-05-23, 05:20)yeri1204 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the update, i really wanna know if it is possible to play 1080p video with the add-on

1080+ and >30fps should be available if/when the InputStream MPEG DASH add-on in Kodi 17 supports the Google/YouTube mpd format.

edit: removed links
Super Favourites also has downloading capability built in, and will work with the normal version of YouTube. No special versions required.

It can be accessed via context menu, custom keymap, or osd button if your skin supports this, eg: Xonfluence.

Hope this helps Smile
(2016-05-23, 16:58)jmh2002 Wrote: [ -> ]Super Favourites also has downloading capability built in, and will work with the normal version of YouTube. No special versions required.

It can be accessed via context menu, custom keymap, or osd button if your skin supports this, eg: Xonfluence.

Hope this helps Smile

Also using Super Favourites it's a work around for the video list it's not refresh when you access on channel using the Kodi favourites........
Yep, had this solution in place for a while now, and not only for youtube, but also other shortcuts that need to be refreshed. I can confirm that all is working well in combination with the Xonfluence skin Smile
5.2.1 should be in the official Kodi repo soon. I just got confirmation it was merged.

Thanks,
Jeff
Hey i wanted to give an FYI what is going on with the Youtube group.

First of all, Since h0d3nt3uf3l has been really great at getting a lot of the fixes and code working out, i've kind of taken a back seat because he is doing a much better job working on this project than I can do at the moment. Thats not to say i'm jumping ship. I'm doing more submission and anything i feel i can tackle. Misty01 has been gracious enough to help me when i get stuck and h0d3nt3uf3l also has been a real big help. Unfortunately We both have gotten pulled away with our jobs which has taken priority a little more than usual. So you may not hear from us as often as before. Thats not to say we're not working on the project, we're just swamped with the one that pays the bills Wink

That being said please continue to let us know if you see bugs pop up and we'll try to quash them. If you're feeling up to it and want to participate as a "non-member" just fork the project and let us know what you're doing. If it works in favor i have no problem taking submissions from anyone who is willing to donate their time to help us keep this project alive.

Also if you want to join our team please let us know and we will be happy to talk to you about the project and see what you can do Smile

Also note when the repo version gets updated to 5.2.1, I'm sure there are going to be a flood of "stuff doesn't work" in the forum, especially with the API Code change. Please if you guys can lend a hand on letting them know about the standard trouble shooting steps, it's very appreciated. I'll try and keep my eye on the forum a little more, but i need your help with anything you guys can do.

Also if you notice any mistakes with vocabulary and grammar in any language please feel free to offer your help. Translators are always welcome. If you feel you want to tackle the translation completely take a look at this location:

Code:
$KODI/plugin.video.youtube/resources/language

$kodi will most likely be where userdata (wiki) is kept.

Like for OSX it's usually ~/Library/Application Support/Kodi.

ok thats all i have but i want to thank you guys for your support and thanks go to the guys over that Kodi Team for helping me through the submission process. Thank you for being very patient with me Wink

Thank you!
Jeff
Hi everyone,

Nice work for the plugin but I cannot choose or play anything higher than 720P .

I've got channels on 4K or 1080P that I can't have on this level on my TV : only 720 P is proposed. Even if I change the settings to 1080 or to choose quality .

Any solutions to this.

Thanks.
Look at the post 3-4 posts above yours. Info is there as well as many other places inside this thread.....
You're right. let's say it is not yet implemented.

OK I'll check this news for news