Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-05-26, 05:27)jdf76 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-26, 04:58)blueribb Wrote: [ -> ]I couldn't add "History" and decided to go back to 5.1.19
Everything works perfectly now (at least for me)

How can I disable "auto-update" for the YouTube Addon ?

Go to the Settings for your add on and uncheck the radio dial for Auto-Update.

Jeff

Thanks - that worked. I guess I'll stick with 5.1.19 until all the bugs are worked out.
(2016-05-26, 03:29)DrowningApe Wrote: [ -> ]I can't log in to my youtube account using 5.2.1. Either the second security code doesn't come up, or when it does, and I enter it, nothing happens.

I thing this was the autologin because of the quota exceed. The Quota exceed as I could see in the google-console at this time you was written your post.

(2016-05-26, 03:50)tctimmeh Wrote: [ -> ]I completely blew away and reinstalled the latest version of the plugin and the error went away. I had to enter 3 youtube activation codes instead of the usual 2 (!?) but it's working now. No idea why it broke. Sad

This was also the autologin maybe. On the activation-site from youtube you can see on which server you were loggin in, on the site with the question of the permissions.
Does Auto-Update affect all addons and not just YouTube ? Can Auto-Update ON/OFF be added to just to the YouTube addon ?
(2016-05-27, 05:01)blueribb Wrote: [ -> ]Does Auto-Update affect all addons and not just YouTube ? Can Auto-Update ON/OFF be added to just to the YouTube addon ?

You can selectively enable/disable updating for each individual add-on in its Information page.
(2016-05-27, 06:32)Tarkus_ Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-27, 05:01)blueribb Wrote: [ -> ]Does Auto-Update affect all addons and not just YouTube ? Can Auto-Update ON/OFF be added to just to the YouTube addon ?

You can selectively enable/disable updating for each individual add-on in its Information page.

I don't see that option in version 5.1.19
This version has been working 100% for me with no over-quota warnings
Version 5.2.1 gave me errors so I went back to 5.1.19
(2016-05-27, 18:25)blueribb Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-27, 06:32)Tarkus_ Wrote: [ -> ]

It has nothing to do with the add-on version. It's part of Kodi. From the app's context menu, selection "Information" and it's one of the options at the bottom of the screen.
(2016-05-28, 02:59)Tarkus_ Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-27, 18:25)blueribb Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-27, 06:32)Tarkus_ Wrote: [ -> ]You can selectively enable/disable updating for each individual add-on in its Information page.

It has nothing to do with the add-on version. It's part of Kodi. From the app's context menu, selection "Information" and it's one of the options at the bottom of the screen.

I selected "Information" from the YouTube app and see: Configure, Update (grayed out), Launch, Uninstall, Disable, Rollback and Changelog. This is version 5.1.19 which works perfectly for me and never exceeds quota. If I install 5.2.1, I do see the "auto update" option in the "Information" list but last night I exceeded the quota right after my version 5.1.19 was auto-updated.

Kodi 15.2
Intel NUC
OpenELEC
Also exceeding quota daily.Fresh Kodi installs daily are meh.

Subscriptions, Subscriptions and Playlists all result in errors. 5.1.19 it is then, thanks!
(2016-05-28, 03:59)blueribb Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-28, 02:59)Tarkus_ Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-27, 18:25)blueribb Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see that option in version 5.1.19

I selected "Information" from the YouTube app and see: Configure, Update (grayed out), Launch, Uninstall, Disable, Rollback and Changelog. This is version 5.1.19 which works perfectly for me and never exceeds quota. If I install 5.2.1, I do see the "auto update" option in the "Information" list but last night I exceeded the quota right after my version 5.1.19 was auto-updated.

Kodi 15.2
Intel NUC
OpenELEC

You need at least v16 to disable updates on individual addons.
Hi folks,

I'll pushed Version 5.2.2 to the Repo's (jdf's repo and official kodi-repo)
In this Version I added the old API-Keys from Bromix. Hopefully they will stay a while. I've decided to create new API-Keys because I thought, if the old keys from Bromix will be deleted, it don't
go anything. Now I know that his keys will have more quota as our new keys.
I've contacted Bromix to give me access to his Keys, hopefully they will keep alive.

I have no Idea how many quota is on the Keys from bromix, but the last 4 days the Quota exceed error was rising heavily. Thats why I decided to get this keys in the code. The API-Changer
is still in the Addon. Now if you get the quota-exceed error you'll be forwarded to one of bromix keys. Hope this help a bit.
With new updated version 5.2.2 appears error message at first activation.
Try to delete under userdata the settings.xml
You mean into /userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube?
Yep
All are fixed now. Thank you.