Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok great Smile I didn't mention that in the instructions because previous versions of YouTube were fixed to automatically allow for that issue.

@jdf76 @h0d3nt3uf3l - Has something has changed in the latest update to affect this?
(2016-05-30, 20:05)Tarkus_ Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-30, 18:09)ashlar Wrote: [ -> ]I wanted to ask a question regarding the interaction with an alternative player to DVDPlayer: how complicated would it be to modify the addon in order to have it provide just the url to the external player? I ask because with Kodi DSPlayer I could use this filter http://ys.3dyd.com/home/ that is capable of DASH handling (and so 1080p playback). But it works directly on the URL, handling video quality selection and other options in its own control panel.

Does anybody know?

Since DASH support is coming to this add-on, it seems pointless to devote resources to an alternative player just for DASH support.
I did not ask to devote any resource for this. I asked if anybody had any idea about where to modify the code to have the plugin function as a YouTube browser and, when play is selected, just pass the url to the player, instead of going through the video selection process according to quality settings in the plugin. DASH support will be coming with Kodi 17, DSPlayer is currently gonna be stuck at Kodi 16. Hence...
Maybe nobody knows but with replies like this you just seem rude. You do not know, do not reply. Does my message annoy you so much that you felt the need of schooling me?
(2016-05-30, 21:44)vicmanpergar Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't know about that source filter but theoretically u can just install the filter and define that filter use and rules through Kodi DSPlayer GUI settings. Perhaps this would be better replied in the DSPlayer thread.
Unfortunately it would be so simple if the plugin sent to DVDPlayer the YouTube url but, instead, as far as I know, it first selects the video quality to use and then sends the relevant URL to DVDPlayer.
By the way, me preferring DSPlayer does not have anything to do or against this plugin. I use it for better and deeper control on playback quality.
(2016-05-29, 14:56)h0d3nt3uf3l Wrote: [ -> ]If your login broke up after the first activation you have an error in your own credentials.
The Key should be entered wihtout spaces. If you copy from google directly you having a space at the beginning and at the end of the string. The same is to prove on the secret and id.
The ID have to insert without "apps.googleusercontent.com". In a further version this was meaningless but I had a short look an saw that this function isn't active anymore (will it insert again).

(2016-05-31, 07:58)jmh2002 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok great Smile I didn't mention that in the instructions because previous versions of YouTube were fixed to automatically allow for that issue.

@jdf76 @h0d3nt3uf3l - Has something has changed in the latest update to affect this?

From post 507, h0d3nt3uf3l mentions it was not used in earlier versions (prior to 5.1.20.5), is missing now (must have been inadvertently overlooked) and will be added back in a future release.

@jmh2002: You might need to update your instructions. Do not include the .apps.googleusercontent.com when entering / pasting the API ID.
On the latest version 5.2.2, do I still need personal API key to avoid "exceed limit error" even though I never sign-on to Kodi YouTube?
And, if Personal API key required , can it be share with 10 people w/out signing on to Kodi YouTube because none of them know how to do all these things. Or I need to create one for each of them?

Thanks.
In theory you do not need Personal API Keys, however at times the limit is still reached for the shared keys. The developers here are working on a solution.

If you make your own Personal API keys they will have enough capacity for normal use and you can share them amongst close family members if you maintain their Kodi boxes. I do the same.

Regarding logging in to YouTube I can't tell you because I am always logged in, so I can use all the features, especially my subscriptions.

Hope this helps Smile
(2016-05-31, 14:44)misty01 Wrote: [ -> ]@jmh2002: You might need to update your instructions. Do not include the .apps.googleusercontent.com when entering / pasting the API ID.

@misty01 thanks for the info regarding what @h0d3nt3uf3l mentioned, I must have missed that Blush

I have immediately updated the Personal API Key instructions with the following in Step 4:

(NB: do not include the .apps.googleusercontent.com extension when you save/enter your Client ID)
jdf76,

Thank you and the rest of the team for your continued work on this plugin. Like others, I cannot imagine Kodi without YouTube support. In case you find it useful, the following link is for an updated Spanish strings.po, matched against the latest English one. I will continue, if you would like, to look for new versions/changes and update the Spanish translation.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/trmk6kp8rx5dpv...h.zip?dl=0

Regards,

Bart
(NB: do not include the .apps.googleusercontent.com extension when you save/enter your Client ID
I have this in my ID. It seems to work, should I edit my ID and remove .apps.googleusercontent.com ?

Thanks, this place is great!
Yes you can remove it Smile
(2016-05-31, 16:03)jmh2002 Wrote: [ -> ]In theory you do not need Personal API Keys, however at times the limit is still reached for the shared keys. The developers here are working on a solution.

If you make your own Personal API keys they will have enough capacity for normal use and you can share them amongst close family members if you maintain their Kodi boxes. I do the same.

Regarding logging in to YouTube I can't tell you because I am always logged in, so I can use all the features, especially my subscriptions.

Hope this helps Smile

Same Personal API Keys sharing with other family members works great w/out the need to log in to YouTube. I followed the guide and added Personal API Keys to Settings.xml then put it back to the zip so other family can use it.

Thanks
Good Nod Thanks for the feedback, because whilst I can't quite understand it there does seem to be a certain group of users that don't log in and I'm sure this information is helpful for both the developers and other users too.

So it's good that you tested and proved that everything still works as it should in this regard, and of course I'm happy to hear that the guide was useful for you too Smile
I keep getting logged out of the youtube addon. What should i do?
Post a Debug Log
Hey there,

long time lurker - first time poster. Thank you h0d3nt3uf3l and jmh2002 for continuing the development of the Kodi Youtube Plugin!

Since this morning, the plugin keeps signing out. Since this evening I can't even sign back in. As soon as I enter the first prompted code on youtube.com/activate the plugin crashes. Unfortunately I can't make sense of the thrown exception in the logfile:

Code:
23:44:39 T:5536   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
                                            Error Contents: string index out of range
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\sling\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                runner.run(__provider__)
                                              File "C:\Users\sling\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\runner.py", line 32, in run
                                                __RUNNER__.run(provider, context)
                                              File "C:\Users\sling\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\impl\xbmc\xbmc_runner.py", line 23, in run
                                                results = provider.navigate(context)
                                              File "C:\Users\sling\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\abstract_provider.py", line 123, in navigate
                                                result = method(context, re_match)
                                              File "C:\Users\sling\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\abstract_provider.py", line 157, in _internal_root
                                                return self.on_root(context, re_match)
                                              File "C:\Users\sling\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\provider.py", line 500, in on_root
                                                yt_login.process(mode, self, context, re_match, False)
                                              File "C:\Users\sling\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\helper\yt_login.py", line 123, in process
                                                access_token = '%s|%s' % (access_tokens[0], access_token_kodi)
                                            IndexError: string index out of range
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Could you help me solve this problem? You can find the full kodi.log on PasteBin, as xbmclogs.org seems to be down today.

http://pastebin.com/aYWXCJ2X

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin, but the error stays the same and is reproducable.

Good night and kind regards
Roman
Strange. My YT Plugin is still on 5.2.1 and won't update to 5.2.2. Isn't this version part of the official Kodi Add-On repo? Or is the version on the repo not updated yet? Thanks for your work!