Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-06-03, 09:07)Chaosphere64 Wrote: [ -> ]Strange. My YT Plugin is still on 5.2.1 and won't update to 5.2.2. Isn't this version part of the official Kodi Add-On repo? Or is the version on the repo not updated yet? Thanks for your work!

Hi Chaosphere64,
it seems the Kodi Add-On repo isn't updated yet. Have you tried the repository.ytplugin-1.0? You can find the link on the first post of this thread.
Regards,
Roman
(2016-06-02, 23:57)roman_mzv Wrote: [ -> ]Hey there,

long time lurker - first time poster. Thank you h0d3nt3uf3l and jmh2002 for continuing the development of the Kodi Youtube Plugin!

Just to be clear, I'm not one of the YouTube developers. All credit for development needs to go to the other members here who have worked on the addon Smile
(2016-06-03, 09:17)roman_mzv Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-06-03, 09:07)Chaosphere64 Wrote: [ -> ]Strange. My YT Plugin is still on 5.2.1 and won't update to 5.2.2. Isn't this version part of the official Kodi Add-On repo? Or is the version on the repo not updated yet? Thanks for your work!

Hi Chaosphere64,
it seems the Kodi Add-On repo isn't updated yet. Have you tried the repository.ytplugin-1.0? You can find the link on the first post of this thread.
Regards,
Roman

Hi roman_mzv,

thanks for clearing that up. I'll be patient then. I just wasn't sure whether my installation was borked somehow ...

Regards

C64
(2016-06-01, 21:56)jmh2002 Wrote: [ -> ]Good Nod Thanks for the feedback, because whilst I can't quite understand it there does seem to be a certain group of users that don't log in and I'm sure this information is helpful for both the developers and other users too.

So it's good that you tested and proved that everything still works as it should in this regard, and of course I'm happy to hear that the guide was useful for you too Smile

Just a dumb question. When I attempt to log back in using my personal keys, it fails on the first log in. I have checked how I have entered the keys, made sure they were entered properly, removed the .apps.googleusercontent.com from my API ID, deleted and reinstalled the plugin from my system, and I still am having problems getting the keys to work. Any ideas?

EDIT SOLVED I managed to get it running properly on my Windows machine. So I copied settings.xml from there to my main Kodi box, and now it works great! I must have been mis-entering something. Thank you for your directions and time!
Thanks for the dev's working on this plugin. ~Jim
Can't login (even after updating to 5.2.2). I've been through the forum, starting to suffer from word blindness. Anyone any tips how to solve this?
^^^ What steps have you already done? The simplest fix is normally to delete the \Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.youtube folder.

This is suggested pretty often in this thread. Have you tried it?
(2016-06-04, 06:28)linesma Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT SOLVED I managed to get it running properly on my Windows machine. So I copied settings.xml from there to my main Kodi box, and now it works great! I must have been mis-entering something. Thank you for your directions and time!

Good Nod Happy I could help.
Just want to say Thank you to jmh2002 for your support in this Thread. Because you said you aren't a maintainer, you're right. But I think you're a maintainer of honor Smile
You're reading the whole thread like I see and try to help as good as you can and this is worth much more than typing some code Smile
Thanks Blush We all get busy sometimes and can't always be here chasing after small things. I just try to pitch in where I can.

But if nobody wrote or maintained code, there would be nothing for me to help with, and no addon for me to use every single day in Kodi either. So a big thanks to you too!
(2016-06-04, 12:02)jmh2002 Wrote: [ -> ]^^^ What steps have you already done? The simplest fix is normally to delete the \Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.youtube folder.

This is suggested pretty often in this thread. Have you tried it?

Yes, many times by now.
You need to give more details about what is happening, rather than just 'I can't log in'. And try a total clean install for YouTube (delete both the addon and the user data), because in general I don't think there is any problem with the addon or there would be dozens of users reporting it here. It seems like you have a problem locally on your side.
(2016-06-04, 17:04)jmh2002 Wrote: [ -> ]You need to give more details about what is happening, rather than just 'I can't log in'. And try a total clean install for YouTube (delete both the addon and the user data), because in general I don't think there is any problem with the addon or there would be dozens of users reporting it here. It seems like you have a problem locally on your side.

I deleted both, was a clean instal. But when trying to login either the second code disappears quickly or doesn't show up.
What device, OS, Kodi version, etc, etc? Personal API keys yes or no?

Are you using OpenElec or something else 'alternative'? In any case provide a log please so that the developers can take a look because nobody else seems to be reporting this problem as a frequent issue.

Also what skin? Have you tried it with stock confluence to eliminate any skin issue?
(2016-06-04, 17:17)jmh2002 Wrote: [ -> ]What device, OS, Kodi version, etc, etc? Personal API keys yes or no?

Are you using OpenElec or something else 'alternative'? In any case provide a log please so that the developers can take a look because nobody else seems to be reporting this problem as a frequent issue.

Also what skin? Have you tried it with stock confluence to eliminate any skin issue?

I have to look up the log but it's a raspberry pi 2, running a nightly LibreElec (based on kodi Krypton) with standard skin (estuary) and no personal Youtube keys.
Maybe my setup is to exotic.