Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-06-12, 18:00)MorningWood Wrote: [ -> ]Running the latest Kodi 17 nightly...

(2016-06-12, 20:00)dr88dr88 Wrote: [ -> ]I am running LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86 (Kodi 17.0),

You should both try installing a stable Kodi release and see if your problems persist.
Yeah...I had my suspicions that that's what it could be but was too lazy to reconfigure my install. Just went ahead and reinstalled 16.1 stable and sure enough it works perfectly.

Sent from my A0001
(2016-06-12, 16:37)jdf76 Wrote: [ -> ][quote='the.jester' pid='2356550' dateline='1465739670']
Hi there. Unfortunately i'm going to need a tad bit more information. from the just the information i see right now, if i were to guess your old token is messing with your setup. Only way around that is by deleting the old setup in userdata (wiki) and then deleting the plugin.video.youtube directory. This will wipe out your settings unfortunately but i think it must be done. With out more information from the log file in debug mode i can't determine what exactly is wrong.

if you would like to do the debug log (wiki) file just follow those instructions and post the links it gives you.

Thank you,
Jeff

Well it worked.
Thanks for your quick resonse.

Happy to watch youtube on my Pi now!!

the.jester
FIRST WORDS:
Thank you so much to everyone who has given their time, skill and patience to keep this plug-in working after Bromix' retirement. Without it Kodi would be a far thinner experience.

However...
(2016-06-12, 21:09)MetalChris Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-06-12, 18:00)MorningWood Wrote: [ -> ]Running the latest Kodi 17 nightly...
(2016-06-12, 20:00)dr88dr88 Wrote: [ -> ]I am running LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86 (Kodi 17.0),
You should both try installing a stable Kodi release and see if your problems persist.

Er..... my experience suggests maybe that's NOT the culprit (ie: Kodi 17 dev builds).

I've been happily running YT with the final release from Bromix (v5.16, if I recall), and my own personal set of API keys. Everything works fine (with the exception of LIVE channels, which I never use). No issues - and I've resisted the urge to update the plug-in, for no appreciable benefit. I thought I'd set the switch for NO AUTO-UPDATE.

This viewing was supported over the last six months by the latest OpenELEC/LibreELEC Generic builds from Milhouse, each being installed as they came available. Last night, using #0612, I watched hours of YT vids without trouble... so I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with the Kodi dev code base.

But tonight - without my express permission - the YT addon somehow updated to v5.2.1, and I cannot successfully sign in. I now enjoy the same frustrating experience as reported above by robo989, EricSol, MorningWood & dr88dr88. The progress bar (waiting for response to second login) seems irrelevant - the screen returns shortly to the initial display without achieving login.

I've done a complete uninstall (and deletion of relevant userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.youtube folder), RE-installed current v5.2.2 from the YT-repo, and still the same result - no YT login possible.

Heh-heh... this is exactly why the Auto-update was disabled Sad

!! SOLVED !!
HAW-HAW... I'm so glad to prove myself The Fool... instead of somebody else doing it for me Rofl.

The important distinction I failed to make: the Sign In process is somehow compromised by latest Testbuilds, not the simple running of the plug-in under normal use. I had smooth operation for last six months because there was never any Sign Out/Sign In performed - DooHH !

My thanks to EricSol for tipping me to an effective strategy back here.
Critical factor: downgrade to earlier OS build before the install & Sign In to YT process.

Successful Procedure:
1) downgrade Kodi to LE #0510
2) uninstall YT v5.2.2, and delete userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.youtube folder
3) install fresh from YT-repo
4) run program once, but DO NOT Sign In or authenticate via web browser. Exit YT program.
5) configure program options as desired (including use of personal API keys)
6) restart YT program, Sign In with 2-step authentication. Exit YT.
7) upgrade Kodi to LE #0613

8) ENJOY all that is YT !

optional: Hack into storage\.kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\addon.xml and change addon version to 9.9.9 (to prevent unintended upgrade Big Grin )

ps: LIVE streams now working for me - Woo-HOO.
This does not work for me. The second two step verification is displayed too short to enter the code.
So i was getting the issue where it wasn't letting me enter the second code until i noticed i had copied my client secret code incorrectly. Mine had a hyphen before the last three characters and my copy-paste missed them. After correcting this i was able to enter the verification code successfully and it now works flawlessly.
(2016-06-14, 11:51)john.cord Wrote: [ -> ]This does not work for me. The second two step verification is displayed too short to enter the code.

I had tried configuring, restarting before logging in with no luck too. Another user reported do first verification then canceling, followed by a normal 2 step. I ultimately had to roll back libreelec to get logged on. Kodi has been at alpha 2 for a while, beta will be here sooner or later and I would imagine the floodgates of no login will begin. The Dev's are smart guys, maybe we can get it solved before beta. On a side note; I was going thru Kodi and ran across the mpeg Dash. The future is bright...1080p60fps, wohoo!
ok, i have no idea why you would get a short time on the second auth, the thing honestly works by calling the 8 letter key continuously until youtube replied back with something. It sounds like you have a token still in there somewhere. I would honestly just delete your plugin.video.youtube and then start the youtube plugin again. It should act as if you never launched it before.

Jeff
(2016-06-14, 11:51)john.cord Wrote: [ -> ]This does not work for me. The second two step verification is displayed too short to enter the code.

@John.cord
Since LibreELEC is sooo easy to upgrade/ downgrade, may I suggest the steps I followed (noted above).

SOMETHING in recent LE Testbuilds gets in the way of Authentication, to be sure. I went back to May 10th and it ran smooth as a baby's bum Wink.

Once you're authenticated, you can upgrade to the build of your choice.

HTH

I just updated one of my Pi's from OpenELEC 15.2 to LibreELEC 7.0.1. That's the stable Jarvis build, not a testbuild.

I had the same problem with the short verification time.

I don't know why, but I just kept doing the verification over and over until it finally worked. I probably did it at least half a dozen times in a row. Then it finally accepted the codes and signed me in. I'm using personal API keys created by a friend, if that's relevant.

Insanity is sometimes defined as doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result, so I guess that makes me crazy, but it worked. I haven't checked to see if it still works today though... :-O
After trying everything (except the following)
Can confirm this works for Kodi 17/Alpha 2 latest nightly problems of signing in. (removed nightly PPA, and installed unstable, then added nightly PPA and removed unstable after signing in on unstable)
Back on latest build/alpha 2 and signed in/all working.

Many thanks

(2016-06-14, 04:26)gjwAudio Wrote: [ -> ]FIRST WORDS:
Thank you so much to everyone who has given their time, skill and patience to keep this plug-in working after Bromix' retirement. Without it Kodi would be a far thinner experience.

However...
(2016-06-12, 21:09)MetalChris Wrote: [ -> ]

Er..... my experience suggests maybe that's NOT the culprit (ie: Kodi 17 dev builds).

I've been happily running YT with the final release from Bromix (v5.16, if I recall), and my own personal set of API keys. Everything works fine (with the exception of LIVE channels, which I never use). No issues - and I've resisted the urge to update the plug-in, for no appreciable benefit. I thought I'd set the switch for NO AUTO-UPDATE.

This viewing was supported over the last six months by the latest OpenELEC/LibreELEC Generic builds from Milhouse, each being installed as they came available. Last night, using #0612, I watched hours of YT vids without trouble... so I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with the Kodi dev code base.

But tonight - without my express permission - the YT addon somehow updated to v5.2.1, and I cannot successfully sign in. I now enjoy the same frustrating experience as reported above by robo989, EricSol, MorningWood & dr88dr88. The progress bar (waiting for response to second login) seems irrelevant - the screen returns shortly to the initial display without achieving login.

I've done a complete uninstall (and deletion of relevant userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.youtube folder), RE-installed current v5.2.2 from the YT-repo, and still the same result - no YT login possible.

Heh-heh... this is exactly why the Auto-update was disabled Sad

!! SOLVED !!
HAW-HAW... I'm so glad to prove myself The Fool... instead of somebody else doing it for me Rofl.

The important distinction I failed to make: the Sign In process is somehow compromised by latest Testbuilds, not the simple running of the plug-in under normal use. I had smooth operation for last six months because there was never any Sign Out/Sign In performed - DooHH !

My thanks to EricSol for tipping me to an effective strategy back here.
Critical factor: downgrade to earlier OS build before the install & Sign In to YT process.

Successful Procedure:
1) downgrade Kodi to LE #0510
2) uninstall YT v5.2.2, and delete userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.youtube folder
3) install fresh from YT-repo
4) run program once, but DO NOT Sign In or authenticate via web browser. Exit YT program.
5) configure program options as desired (including use of personal API keys)
6) restart YT program, Sign In with 2-step authentication. Exit YT.
7) upgrade Kodi to LE #0613

8) ENJOY all that is YT !

optional: Hack into storage\.kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\addon.xml and change addon version to 9.9.9 (to prevent unintended upgrade Big Grin )

ps: LIVE streams now working for me - Woo-HOO.
(2016-06-15, 00:41)mrsfixit Wrote: [ -> ]

I just updated one of my Pi's from OpenELEC 15.2 to LibreELEC 7.0.1. That's the stable Jarvis build, not a testbuild.

I don't know why, but I just kept doing the verification over and over until it finally worked. I probably did it at least half a dozen times in a row. Then it finally accepted the codes and signed me in. I'm using personal API keys created by a friend, if that's relevant.

Insanity is sometimes defined as doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result, so I guess that makes me crazy, but it worked. I haven't checked to see if it still works today though... :-O

Can you send me your kodi.log file. I know it's not in debug mode, but it'd like to see if there is a hint why you're getting that error. Post it on pastebin.com if you wouldn't mind so the other plugin dev can take a look as well.

thanks
Jeff
"Problem in Kodi 17 ALPHA with loggin in"
I've had a look at it and know that there is a little problem. The Activiation will broke up if the process last longer than 30 seconds. I've tried to find
the bug but sadly the Addon will be refreshed automatically without any action from the addon itself. Posted a request to the devs allready. The only
thing what would help is to be very fast Smile two monitors are recommended Wink

Quote:The future is bright...1080p60fps

I've played a few days ago a 4k Video with the addon Big Grin sadly without sound but I'm on it to solved this as well. The future is brighter than you think my friend Smile

Code:
access_token = '%s|%s' % (access_tokens[0], access_token_kodi)
                                            IndexError: string index out of range

Some of you posted this error and I'm on it. There is a little problem in the code because I thought the "access_tokens" are everytime filled. For the none programmers:
Access_Tokens is an array. An array is a cupboard with drawers (the brakets []). You can say "Look in the drawer number one (access_tokens[0]) and get the information out of it. If there is
no information, the code run in a corner and start to cry.
I'll solve this little problem with the next update on our repo.

Version 5.2.2 is not in the official repo
Yeah I told you that I'll get it up, but the API-Stuff is not accesable by me. Means I've no view where I can have a look whats up with the quota, how many quota is left, etc. etc.
This is a problem for me and the person who own the access to this statistics is not reachable. I'll try other stuff.

Donation for Quota?
Quota is a very annoying topic. Like you know we don't have enough quota to feed all the clients. Can you imagine to give us donations for paying a higher quota?
Maybe someone can try to get an API-Key with a quota of 50million. Jeff and I tried to get another key with this high quota but google only give us 1 million for every new account.
On my Personal-account I've allready 50million, but don't ask me how.
If there is someone who can try this, please be have in mind that I would have access to the account with this key. You'll donate it in a way Smile
(2016-06-15, 05:32)jdf76 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-06-15, 00:41)mrsfixit Wrote: [ -> ]

Can you send me your kodi.log file. I know it's not in debug mode, but it'd like to see if there is a hint why you're getting that error. Post it on pastebin.com if you wouldn't mind so the other plugin dev can take a look as well.

thanks
Jeff

I looked, and found only 1 log file. I pasted what I had to pastebin.

http://pastebin.com/vBwunvHy

Hope this is what you're looking for.

YouTube is still working on that Pi, I just tried it. I still have 3 other Pi's to upgrade though... sooner or later... lol
I quite frequently have problems with messages: Unknown kind " and Daily Limit Exceeded. It comes and goes and it's very frustrating. It happens every day.