Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is the Youtube addon no longer working? All i get are errors whenever I do a search or as mentioned above daily limit exceeded.

Pity.
(2016-06-19, 02:31)Kodee Newbee Wrote: [ -> ]Is the Youtube addon no longer working? All i get are errors whenever I do a search or as mentioned above daily limit exceeded.

Pity.

Your choices:

1. Wait for the next version when then "may" fix the daily limit exceeded error
2. Generate your own keys
3. Install an older version of the plug-in (5.1.19 works for me). You must uninstall the current version and folder and don't forget to shut-off "auto-update". I have been using this older version since it was introduced and have experienced no errors. I have not generated my own keys.
(2016-06-19, 05:35)blueribb Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-06-19, 02:31)Kodee Newbee Wrote: [ -> ]Is the Youtube addon no longer working? All i get are errors whenever I do a search or as mentioned above daily limit exceeded.

Pity.

Your choices:

1. Wait for the next version when then "may" fix the daily limit exceeded error
2. Generate your own keys
3. Install an older version of the plug-in (5.1.19 works for me). You must uninstall the current version and folder and don't forget to shut-off "auto-update". I have been using this older version since it was introduced and have experienced no errors. I have not generated my own keys.

Thanks for the reply. Im very grateful for all the work people have put into this, so Im definitely willing to wait it out using the older version in the meantime.
Like a lot of people I had trouble with my Bromix youtube so I switched to Rasberryrabbit version5.1.18e which seems very stable. I deleted the youtube plugin before installing raspberry but immediately got a youtube update pop up and when I checked, it had switched me back to Bromix and re-installed the plug-in. So I switched to update notify and it did stop the above from happening but now I get the update pop up coming up about every 10 minutes which over the course of an evening gets very tiresome. Also, I have a lot of addons which created assorted addon update notifications on a daily basis, now that I've switched to notify, I get almost none. When I go to my addons to try and update manually the update is greyed out.

I should say up front that I am not good with computers, you probably already guessed that from my questions, so I am truly amazed at the skill, time and effort the contributors here put into their responses for nothing more than a thank you. Very impressive.

So, thanks in advance for any suggestions, just please re-read the start of paragraph 2 and keep it simple if possible.

Thanks
That's a different version/fork of the YouTube add-on than the one this thread is about. So you'll be better contacting the author of it either on Github out by email. Details of that should be N the add-ons info screen in Kodi.
(2016-06-18, 23:50)jdf76 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-06-18, 19:32)Tarkus_ Wrote: [ -> ]What's the easiest way to delete all traces of the plug-in on a Fire TV Stick, to ensure a completely new install? I can delete the addon_data folder easily enough in Kodi's file manager, but the main plugin folder is more problematic.

Uninstall the plugin and delete the addon_data/plugin..... folder

Jeff

Yeah, I did that, but I see no easy way to delete the main folder (short of reinstalling Kodi).
(2016-06-19, 18:37)defever Wrote: [ -> ]Like a lot of people I had trouble with my Bromix youtube so I switched to Rasberryrabbit version5.1.18e which seems very stable. I deleted the youtube plugin before installing raspberry but immediately got a youtube update pop up and when I checked, it had switched me back to Bromix and re-installed the plug-in. So I switched to update notify and it did stop the above from happening but now I get the update pop up coming up about every 10 minutes which over the course of an evening gets very tiresome. Also, I have a lot of addons which created assorted addon update notifications on a daily basis, now that I've switched to notify, I get almost none. When I go to my addons to try and update manually the update is greyed out.

I should say up front that I am not good with computers, you probably already guessed that from my questions, so I am truly amazed at the skill, time and effort the contributors here put into their responses for nothing more than a thank you. Very impressive.

So, thanks in advance for any suggestions, just please re-read the start of paragraph 2 and keep it simple if possible.

Thanks

The Auto-Update Options are: Never, On & Notify. I chose "Never". The problem is that other add-ons are affected by this setting and will never get updated. There are hack instructions in post #634 to prevent older YouTube Addon versions from auto-updating but it requires some knowledge about finding the xml file and then editing it.
Just an FYI, we don't have access to those API keys. So the reason you're probably not running into the "API Exceed errors" is because no one is using them. Keep telling people to use that one then you'll run into that problem just like the rest of us.

Code:
'youtube-for-kodi-quota': {
            'token-allowed': False,
            'system': 'All',
            'key': 'AIzaSyBhQvk9fuc6y_0_vdOJn3g5HiGugplyUwg',
            'id': '1027139679087-8odn2pq90u92qnna7h7j16lp80pabjfq.apps.googleusercontent.com',
            'secret': 'Z750d1Cs4OtBgwlPOBraz-8u'
        },
        'youtube-for-kodi-fallback': {
            'token-allowed': False,
            'system': 'Fallback!',
            'key': 'AIzaSyDXacvXHzPce8UJPK_SJXkvGVS2sjw5ngc',
            'id': '932124282136-1h2fg2a2bfahpkvbg8nk05injmcm60ao.apps.googleusercontent.com',
            'secret': 'Z9ctN0RAzB2w0sWuDFnGiLH2'
        },
        'youtube-for-kodi-12': {
            'system': 'Frodo',
            'key': 'AIzaSyAtSGFXt7PierQaetyz_zawg6SiMQbEoLU',
            'id': '132924520075-4bfjom7ig91dgaum22gnnqs54o0pm3cr.apps.googleusercontent.com',
            'secret': 'UGiB-A2ti-QbrWWeW1ijZaBy'
        },
        'youtube-for-kodi-13': {
            'system': 'Gotham',
            'key': 'AIzaSyCmGt3h1JNxoToALdQTECpK5V5dUQXZh8I',
            'id': '566042245832-qo8a0d9gag422gb2qqneb9k38t1qmi0k.apps.googleusercontent.com',
            'secret': '5PbZ5SXOQmn95V-oRONbVXxO'
        },
        'youtube-for-kodi-14': {
            'system': 'Helix',
            'key': 'AIzaSyDoGc3e7QRlWAn6ukQFoezx3uU2GAynYEI',
            'id': '679912363153-72r33u32en0k2htqqvrdtt1mt4km013d.apps.googleusercontent.com',
            'secret': 'GVWjcVQ4q-wKqcqdCrAvdZhM'
        },
        'youtube-for-kodi-15': {
            'system': 'Isengard',
            'key': 'AIzaSyA5DyO2a9ThpAgQxwVH64Q6MFjgyn5OCdI',
            'id': '939835029889-8ipk31auh8snah3ned7t1eqsqeqags4a.apps.googleusercontent.com',
            'secret': '_9TDAhqdbg-6Fl5_1z1S0ghh'
        },
        'youtube-for-kodi-16': {
            'system': 'Jarvis',
            'key': 'AIzaSyB4Wy7VEoCvtcgReJCzKKAZCP1aZyvjuWo',
            'id': '826708200151-iqi7ovuv4bg3guinsladtd9tq7h08rcb.apps.googleusercontent.com',
            'secret': '78EjmWrQOWfK5GaCxqe4Tx4w'
        },
        'youtube-for-kodi-17': {
            'system': 'Krypton',
            'key': 'AIzaSyCf60r8v8K8isYOt4pfcLfAOgyaiOl2gQM',
            'id': '876361093606-df4dudti2a3j7pksvuvqibr1kmtb7607.apps.googleusercontent.com',
            'secret': 'mJlpCXQUjKwxQ5KLihh7uJBo'

Just to outline what is going on with this API exceed error.

We create these API Keys but... Youtube doesn't like it when you guys don't pay for their content so they limit each key to 1 million quotas unless specified.

Now when we published 5.2.2 and 5.2.1 we ran into a problem almost instantaneously of users using 50,000,000 (50 Million) queries on the youtube plugin. Now we can add the youtube advertising, thats one way around it, or we can find out if we can reduce the amount of Query usage. I know talking to a few people they suggest to go ahead and have users create their own API Key, but then i don't think thats just a good idea, because it's not designed for that. With only 2 people working on this project part time, it's kind of a catch 22. If anyone fills like auditing the code to see if we can reduce the amount of calls please do so.

Other than that we're going at it the best we can and trying to do the dash support, etc etc etc.

I hope this helps.

Jeff
Just out of curiosity, if we were to add the ads from Youtube in, would you still use the plug-in?

Jeff
How about providing a GUI option to input our own API keys?
(2016-06-20, 16:03)jdf76 Wrote: [ -> ]Just out of curiosity, if we were to add the ads from Youtube in, would you still use the plug-in?

Jeff

Some of the ads are before the video starts but some also interrupt the video a number of times. I for one would rather not see the ads.
(2016-06-20, 16:21)zag Wrote: [ -> ]How about providing a GUI option to input our own API keys?

How about you first check before suggesting as it's already there
(2016-06-20, 16:24)blueribb Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-06-20, 16:03)jdf76 Wrote: [ -> ]Just out of curiosity, if we were to add the ads from Youtube in, would you still use the plug-in?

Jeff

Some of the ads are before the video starts but some also interrupt the video a number of times. I for one would rather not see the ads.
wrong quote.

Ignore this.
(2016-06-20, 16:21)zag Wrote: [ -> ]How about providing a GUI option to input our own API keys?

Umm really?

Thanks, but what was the idea of the question about the ads then?

Ads are fine if you can provide your own api keys and get around them, I don't see any issue