Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In playlist are only available the playlists created by the loged user, but not all the lists saved by the loged user.

For example if I save a playlist I like, it's shown in my YouTube account (in library) with my other playlists. But in the add-on I only can access and us the playlists created by me (not from other users or channels wich I have saved).

It would be a good upgrade.
Damn... also the add-on fails when attempting to reproduce a playlist sent from YouTube Android app to the media center vía Yatse. Here is the log

13:33:01 3534.087158 T:3023643568 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=VVvomtBgIeE]
13:33:08 3541.156006 T:2795762672 NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.2.2) on Jarvis (16.1) with Python 2.7.9
13:34:03 3596.822754 T:3023643568 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
13:34:03 3596.823242 T:3023643568 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/channel/mine/playlist/PLVgxlmO6Lq-l32FxjXfqQz5EvFLhqg7Nq/
13:34:03 3596.834229 T:3023643568 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/channel/mine/playlist/PLVgxlmO6Lq-l32FxjXfqQz5EvFLhqg7Nq/) failed

13:34:05 3598.971924 T:2703487984 NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.2.2) on Jarvis (16.1) with Python 2.7.9
13:36:52 3765.606689 T:2594173936 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 2 times.
13:36:52 3765.606934 T:2594173936 ERROR: Unable to find plugin
13:36:52 3765.607422 T:3023643568 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://
13:36:52 3765.610596 T:3023643568 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://) failed
13:37:06 3779.471924 T:2656588784 NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.2.2) on Jarvis (16.1) with Python 2.7.9
13:46:51 4364.446777 T:2585785328 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 5 times.
13:46:51 4364.447266 T:2585785328 WARNING: [plugin.video.youtube] List of search result is empty
13:46:59 4372.849609 T:2585785328 NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.2.2) on Jarvis (16.1) with Python 2.7.9
13:48:19 4453.033691 T:3023643568 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
13:48:19 4453.036133 T:3023643568 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?playlist_id=PLBQVmC-Tl2KNJVRpaKO6ZhuZ_j7r4sqyk&order=default]

UPDATE: After reboot it seems that all works fine.
(2016-06-28, 21:15)mac1202 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys I wonder if it's possible to add support for youtube subtitle in your addon ?

Anyone ?
From the previous page:

(2016-07-07, 05:49)jdf76 Wrote: [ -> ]We'll add it to the list.
Ok didn't see this one, thank.
(2016-07-04, 11:53)fastdump Wrote: [ -> ]I can see well-meaning people a plenty, trying their best to help others who are reporting they can't log in under Kodi 17 Krypton. The same advice is given over and over about deleting folders, etc. but this has been reported many times as *not* fixing the log-in issue on Krypton.

A few switched-on people have advised to roll-back to an earlier nightly of Krypton (or to make it simple: Alpha 1), log in, then upgrade back to Alpha 2 or the current nightly and I can tell you this works! It's just being missed by those who are trying to find a solution.

I've quoted robo989's post from the previous page, which is to-the-point and which I have just tested and confirm it has allowed me to log-in to YouTube.

NB: If you need to download Alpha 1 (it's not in the list of nightlies, not for Windows at least), I suggest you Google the full file name, i.e. for Windows it was kodi-17.0-Krypton_alpha1.exe — I found a source immediately.

(2016-06-30, 03:19)robo989 Wrote: [ -> ]It broke between Alpha 1 onwards.
Downgrade to Alpha 1 -> sign in -> upgrade to latest.
Sorted

(Repeat if ever need to sign in again)
Deleting files/folders/cache/resetting - doesn't fix problem

Thanks robo989 for the fix and fastdump for making the solution much clearer!
I did exactly as described. Installed Krypton Alpha 1 over Alpha 2, signed into the Youtube plugin and went through the usual 2 step activation process, then reinstalled Krypton Alpha 2 and everything works again Big Grin
It’s not as simple as it looks. #1 you have to look at the code from youtube-dl. Is it written completely in python? Plugins for Kodi have to be in python as far as I know.

#2, we have 2 other pressing issues that need to be fixed before this Feature can be added.

#3 Both h0d3nt3uf3l and I are working on other projects for work and since h0d3nt3uf3l is the main project maintainer at the moment, i help with I can. We has time he’s got other things he’s working on.

What i’m boiling down to is you will have to be patient with us. It’s not going to happen over night.

One thing you may want to do, and this is a suggestion not an order, is fork the plugin from github and work on the subtitle part yourself. it’s ok if you aren’t a coder but dabble in python, if you’re interested in learning python this may be a good start. This is a very popular project so feel free to tackle it if you fee like it.

Thanks
Jeff

Quote:On Jul 12, 2016, at 7:55 AM, mac1202 <[email protected]> wrote:

maybe you can take a look at the youtube-dl program source, it support youtube subtitle.
Here is a example output of mpv (that use youtube-dl for playing youtube url)

mpv https://www.youtube.com/watch\?v\=rlJTnzyCKEA
[cplayer] Run command: sub-add, flags=0, args=[https://www.youtube.com/api/timedtext?v=...tt&lang=en, auto, vtt, en]
[ffmpeg] Opening https://www.youtube.com/api/timedtext?v=...tt&lang=en
[ffmpeg] Mime-type: 'text/vtt; charset=UTF-8'
[lavf] Found 'webvtt' at score=100 size=2048.
[demux] Detected file format: webvtt (libavformat)
[cplayer] Run command: sub-add, flags=0, args=[https://www.youtube.com/api/timedtext?v=...tt&lang=fi, auto, vtt, fi]
[ffmpeg] Opening https://www.youtube.com/api/timedtext?v=...tt&lang=fi
[cplayer] Run command: sub-add, flags=0, args=[https://www.youtube.com/api/timedtext?v=...tt&lang=de, auto, vtt, de]
[ffmpeg] Opening https://www.youtube.com/api/timedtext?v=...tt&lang=de
[cplayer] Subs --sid=1 --slang=en 'vtt' (webvtt) (external)
[cplayer] Subs --sid=2 --slang=fi 'vtt' (webvtt) (external)
[cplayer] Subs --sid=3 --slang=de 'vtt' (webvtt) (external)
First of all: A big thank-you to the new maintainers h0d3nt3uf3l and jdf76 for continuing bromix's great work with this addon.

I'm running version 5.2.1 of the addon, which was the latest I could download through the main Kodi repo. This is running on both Kodi 16.1 for Android and Kodi 16.1 for Linux.

Overall, it works well enough for my needs (I have my own API key setup, which was simple to do)

I have two issues, which I think may be related.

I mainly use this addon to watch items that I've saved to my "watch later" playlist.

1) Every video I play from the Watch Later list has a popup error "playlist item not found", however, the video itself plays perfectly fine -- this is a mere minor annoyance.

2) I can't use the addon to remove items from the watch later list. I know that the automatic removal doesn't work, but manually removing items (using the context menu) doesn't work either. I assume those are connected. Again, not a major problem since I can remove items from the YouTube website or phone/tablet app, but it would be more convenient if that could be resolved.

Just making you aware of the issues, if you haven't come across them already.

Thanks again for a great addon,

~Jondar
(2016-07-13, 05:09)Jondar Wrote: [ -> ]First of all: A big thank-you to the new maintainers h0d3nt3uf3l and jdf76 for continuing bromix's great work with this addon.

I'm running version 5.2.1 of the addon, which was the latest I could download through the main Kodi repo. This is running on both Kodi 16.1 for Android and Kodi 16.1 for Linux.

Overall, it works well enough for my needs (I have my own API key setup, which was simple to do)

I have two issues, which I think may be related.

I mainly use this addon to watch items that I've saved to my "watch later" playlist.

1) Every video I play from the Watch Later list has a popup error "playlist item not found", however, the video itself plays perfectly fine -- this is a mere minor annoyance.

2) I can't use the addon to remove items from the watch later list. I know that the automatic removal doesn't work, but manually removing items (using the context menu) doesn't work either. I assume those are connected. Again, not a major problem since I can remove items from the YouTube website or phone/tablet app, but it would be more convenient if that could be resolved.

Just making you aware of the issues, if you haven't come across them already.

Thanks again for a great addon,

~Jondar

Thanks for the compliment. It's much appreciated.

As far as the play list issue, it appears that google broke the playlist remove. It's very very annoying. Hopefully google will fix this at some point, but as far as I know it's been a problem for a long time.

Thanks
Jeff
Can anyone explain this Error? I have Youtube 5.2.2. And set a widget for Popular now section. Throws this error but still works? Database lockedHuh

ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class 'sqlite3.OperationalError'>
Error Contents: database is locked
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\JedModTest\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py", line 7, in <module>
runner.run(__provider__)
File "C:\Users\JedModTest\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\runner.py", line 32, in run
__RUNNER__.run(provider, context)
File "C:\Users\JedModTest\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\impl\xbmc\xbmc_runner.py", line 23, in run
results = provider.navigate(context)
File "C:\Users\JedModTest\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\abstract_provider.py", line 123, in navigate
result = method(context, re_match)
File "C:\Users\JedModTest\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\register_provider_path.py", line 12, in wrapper
return func(*args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\JedModTest\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\provider.py", line 299, in _on_channel
resource_manager = self.get_resource_manager(context)
File "C:\Users\JedModTest\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\provider.py", line 201, in get_resource_manager
self._resource_manager = ResourceManager(context, self.get_client(context))
File "C:\Users\JedModTest\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\provider.py", line 104, in get_client
context.get_function_cache().clear()
File "C:\Users\JedModTest\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\utils\function_cache.py", line 22, in clear
self._clear()
File "C:\Users\JedModTest\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\utils\storage.py", line 150, in _clear
self._execute(True, query)
File "C:\Users\JedModTest\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\utils\storage.py", line 79, in _execute
return self._cursor.execute(query, values)
OperationalError: database is locked
-->End of Python script error report<--
I already made this little trouble:

Sometime whit some video the first seconds it's appared like CUTTED from playing................. it's like a little parts it's cutted out or not download or skipped.......... it's normal ?

I have this problems whit a channel i follow and all video it's this channel......... if it's necessary i can post the channel links and some sample video links. I have tryed sometime to watch this video from PC and i don't obtain the same little trouble...........
Hi there, if anybody can please help with knowledge or theories about what is causing 720p buffering issue. It seems like an issue other users have commented about on kodi forums with the youtube plugin specifically. Whereby it breaks one day for not-known reasons.

Been writing about it in github issue here: https://github.com/Kolifanes/plugin.vide.../issues/53

Any discussions appreciated.
Hi, short feedback:

Had login-problems on kryptonite with 5.2.1, so updated to 5.2.2. - same problem.

Just updated to:
Starting Kodi (17.0-ALPHA3 Git:b0970fe). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit
Kodi compiled Jul 14 2016 by GCC 5.2.1 for Linux x86 64-bit version 4.2.8 (262664)

now login worked and can se my videos after 2x activation on youtube.
I'm not sure which kodi version I've used before cause I always use git-nightly, but I think ~1-2 months old MAX.
hi,
i use a fire tv box with kodi.
i have install the youtube addon v5.2.2.
sign in work fine.
when i go on "subscription" it is empty.
what is wrong?