Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-09-06, 21:47)UraFarquad Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: I'm getting an error. I added to Super Favorites. From there I added to Kodi favorites. Went to Kodi favorites to test and it came back with "Exception in Content Provider: Mapping for path' '/special/new_uploaded_videos_tv' not found"

Easily fixed: the path should have a final "/", i.e.: /special/new_uploaded_videos_tv/
how do i configure Smart DNS into Kodi / Libreelec ? can you pls explain the steps involved before i make purchase for smart dns ?
Just wondering, is this on the radar of any dev for this plugin? https://developers.google.com/youtube/v3...st-11-2016

Getting reminder emails from Google, because apparently I am using these API features (in the form of API keys for the YT plugin) and it seems to affect the watch later playlist.

(Most likely Googles "fix" since the API feature was broken for a few months now...)
(2016-09-07, 23:38)dnairb Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-06, 21:47)UraFarquad Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: I'm getting an error. I added to Super Favorites. From there I added to Kodi favorites. Went to Kodi favorites to test and it came back with "Exception in Content Provider: Mapping for path' '/special/new_uploaded_videos_tv' not found"

Easily fixed: the path should have a final "/", i.e.: /special/new_uploaded_videos_tv/

Thank you but jmh2002 really went the distance the other morning and got me all set up!! Amazing member and if I could ever locate a "Thanks" button, I'd click it for him. lol

I also wanna ask anyone who might know...........

I received an email from Google saying that YouTube's API was fixing to change again. Will that break the add-on or will there be a dev who might can keep this thing going strong??
You haven't made enough posts yet for the thank you button to become available.

I've taken the liberty of using the button for him myself on your behalf though.
(2016-09-07, 10:38)UraFarquad Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: After configuring 1.0.55 I think I have it!!! I just tried My Subscription and I do believe it worked this time!!!

jmh2002, you have been quite the helper today, my new friend!!!

Ah I didn't see your edit the other day. Glad you got it all setup and working Nod You can use this method for any other addon shortcuts that don't seem to refresh too.

PS: unfortunately you can't see the Thanks button because you are a new to the forum.
Thanks @DarrenHill Cool
(2016-09-10, 11:24)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]You haven't made enough posts yet for the thank you button to become available.

I've taken the liberty of using the button for him myself on your behalf though.

Thanks for the info, and thanks for clicking your "Thanks" for me. (That kinda sounds dirty, huh?) Hahahahaaaa

(2016-09-10, 11:27)jmh2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-07, 10:38)UraFarquad Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: After configuring 1.0.55 I think I have it!!! I just tried My Subscription and I do believe it worked this time!!!

jmh2002, you have been quite the helper today, my new friend!!!

Ah I didn't see your edit the other day. Glad you got it all setup and working Nod You can use this method for any other addon shortcuts that don't seem to refresh too.

PS: unfortunately you can't see the Thanks button because you are a new to the forum.

Working great. Loving it.
I'm getting this error using Youtube addon version 5.2.2 (which is the latest as of right now) when I try to play any Youtube video (I'm using Kodi 17b1):
Code:
00:09:38 T:140236714555136   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'cryptography.exceptions.InternalError'>
                                            Error Contents: Unknown OpenSSL error. This error is commonly encountered when another library is not cleaning up the OpenSSL error stack. If you are using cryptography with another library that uses OpenSSL try disabling it before reporting a bug. Otherwise please file an issue at https://github.com/pyca/cryptography/issues with information on how to reproduce this. ([_OpenSSLErrorWithText(code=336462231L, lib=20, func=224, reason=407, reason_text='error:140E0197:SSL routines:SSL_shutdown:shutdown while in init')])
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/mythtv/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube-5-0-2/default.py", line 4, in <module>
                                                from resources.lib import youtube
                                              File "/home/mythtv/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube-5-0-2/resources/lib/youtube/__init__.py", line 5, in <module>
                                                from .provider import Provider
                                              File "/home/mythtv/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube-5-0-2/resources/lib/youtube/provider.py", line 9, in <module>
                                                from resources.lib.youtube.client import YouTube
                                              File "/home/mythtv/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube-5-0-2/resources/lib/youtube/client/__init__.py", line 5, in <module>
                                                from .youtube import YouTube
                                              File "/home/mythtv/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube-5-0-2/resources/lib/youtube/client/youtube.py", line 5, in <module>
                                                import requests
                                              File "/home/mythtv/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/__init__.py", line 53, in <module>
                                                from .packages.urllib3.contrib import pyopenssl
                                              File "/home/mythtv/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/packages/urllib3/contrib/pyopenssl.py", line 54, in <module>
                                                import OpenSSL.SSL
                                              File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/OpenSSL/__init__.py", line 8, in <module>
                                                from OpenSSL import rand, crypto, SSL
                                              File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/OpenSSL/rand.py", line 12, in <module>
                                                from OpenSSL._util import (
                                              File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/OpenSSL/_util.py", line 6, in <module>
                                                from cryptography.hazmat.bindings.openssl.binding import Binding
                                              File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/cryptography/hazmat/bindings/openssl/binding.py", line 225, in <module>
                                                Binding.init_static_locks()
                                              File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/cryptography/hazmat/bindings/openssl/binding.py", line 181, in init_static_locks
                                                cls._ensure_ffi_initialized()
                                              File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/cryptography/hazmat/bindings/openssl/binding.py", line 176, in _ensure_ffi_initialized
                                                cls._register_osrandom_engine()
                                              File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/cryptography/hazmat/bindings/openssl/binding.py", line 141, in _register_osrandom_engine
                                                _openssl_assert(cls.lib, cls.lib.ERR_peek_error() == 0)
                                              File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/cryptography/hazmat/bindings/openssl/binding.py", line 63, in _openssl_assert
                                                errors_with_text
                                            InternalError: Unknown OpenSSL error. This error is commonly encountered when another library is not cleaning up the OpenSSL error stack. If you are using cryptography with another library that uses OpenSSL try disabling it before reporting a bug. Otherwise please file an issue at https://github.com/pyca/cryptography/issues with information on how to reproduce this. ([_OpenSSLErrorWithText(code=336462231L, lib=20, func=224, reason=407, reason_text='error:140E0197:SSL routines:SSL_shutdown:shutdown while in init')])
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

I found https://github.com/openssl/openssl/issues/710 which mentions that OpenSSL now reports this erroroneous behavior as an error instead of ignoring it. (I'm using OpenSSL 1.0.2h.)

Does anyone have a fix or workaround?

Thanks!
Hello. For some reason the YouTube plugin for kodi loads extremely slow and keeps reaching the end of the buffer while the same videos work perfectly at 720 and even 1080 in the same computer's browser. It does not happen every time, but almost since the last update. What could it be? Thanks.

Enviado desde mi LG-H815 mediante Tapatalk
Hi I have been getting the same error for days now and have just about given up on the youtube plugin. A pop up box title Exception in Content Provider and the message is "unknown kind " with the quotation marks. To make the box disappear I click the cancel button on the box, and then I am prompted to activate my account over and over and over rather than the usual 2 times. I can see my account is there with the ability to see subscriptions etc but when I go into a subscription its completely blank. Thats when that box appears.

I couldnt find the youtube addon topic or I would be posting there. I have version 5.2.2 and have had recurring problems with this addon for some time. I know it changed hands from developer to developer so that may be part of it? Is there anyone currently supporting the youtube addon?

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. Has anyone else encountered this problem? How did u solve?

Thanks
(2016-09-13, 01:39)Excite Wrote: [ -> ]I couldnt find the youtube addon topic or I would be posting there.

moved your post there.
(2016-09-13, 01:48)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-13, 01:39)Excite Wrote: [ -> ]I couldnt find the youtube addon topic or I would be posting there.

moved your post there.

thank you sir.
(2016-09-12, 06:15)candrews Wrote: [ -> ]I'm getting this error using Youtube addon version 5.2.2 (which is the latest as of right now) when I try to play any Youtube video (I'm using Kodi 17b1):
Code:
00:09:38 T:140236714555136   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Type: <class 'cryptography.exceptions.InternalError'>
                                            Error Contents: Unknown OpenSSL error. This error is commonly encountered when another library is not cleaning up the OpenSSL error stack. If you are using cryptography with another library that uses OpenSSL try disabling it before reporting a bug. Otherwise please file an issue at https://github.com/pyca/cryptography/issues with information on how to reproduce this. ([_OpenSSLErrorWithText(code=336462231L, lib=20, func=224, reason=407, reason_text='error:140E0197:SSL routines:SSL_shutdown:shutdown while in init')])
                                              File "/home/mythtv/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube-5-0-2/default.py", line 4, in <module>
                                                from resources.lib import youtube
                                              File "/home/mythtv/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube-5-0-2/resources/lib/youtube/__init__.py", line 5, in <module>
                                                from .provider import Provider
                                              File "/home/mythtv/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube-5-0-2/resources/lib/youtube/provider.py", line 9, in <module>
                                                from resources.lib.youtube.client import YouTube
                                              File "/home/mythtv/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube-5-0-2/resources/lib/youtube/client/__init__.py", line 5, in <module>
                                                from .youtube import YouTube
                                              File "/home/mythtv/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube-5-0-2/resources/lib/youtube/client/youtube.py", line 5, in <module>
                                                import requests
                                              File "/home/mythtv/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/__init__.py", line 53, in <module>
                                                from .packages.urllib3.contrib import pyopenssl
                                              File "/home/mythtv/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/packages/urllib3/contrib/pyopenssl.py", line 54, in <module>
                                                import OpenSSL.SSL
                                              File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/OpenSSL/__init__.py", line 8, in <module>
                                                from OpenSSL import rand, crypto, SSL
                                              File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/OpenSSL/rand.py", line 12, in <module>
                                                from OpenSSL._util import (
                                              File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/OpenSSL/_util.py", line 6, in <module>
                                                from cryptography.hazmat.bindings.openssl.binding import Binding
                                              File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/cryptography/hazmat/bindings/openssl/binding.py", line 225, in <module>
                                                Binding.init_static_locks()
                                              File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/cryptography/hazmat/bindings/openssl/binding.py", line 181, in init_static_locks
                                                cls._ensure_ffi_initialized()
                                              File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/cryptography/hazmat/bindings/openssl/binding.py", line 176, in _ensure_ffi_initialized
                                                cls._register_osrandom_engine()
                                              File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/cryptography/hazmat/bindings/openssl/binding.py", line 141, in _register_osrandom_engine
                                                _openssl_assert(cls.lib, cls.lib.ERR_peek_error() == 0)
                                              File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/cryptography/hazmat/bindings/openssl/binding.py", line 63, in _openssl_assert
                                                errors_with_text
                                            InternalError: Unknown OpenSSL error. This error is commonly encountered when another library is not cleaning up the OpenSSL error stack. If you are using cryptography with another library that uses OpenSSL try disabling it before reporting a bug. Otherwise please file an issue at https://github.com/pyca/cryptography/issues with information on how to reproduce this. ([_OpenSSLErrorWithText(code=336462231L, lib=20, func=224, reason=407, reason_text='error:140E0197:SSL routines:SSL_shutdown:shutdown while in init')])

I found https://github.com/openssl/openssl/issues/710 which mentions that OpenSSL now reports this erroroneous behavior as an error instead of ignoring it. (I'm using OpenSSL 1.0.2h.)

Does anyone have a fix or workaround?

Thanks!

I have a similar error. It happened after upgrading to latest python2.7 in Debian testing. Same with the TED-plugin.

Code:
20:52:57 T:140471825164032  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
20:52:57 T:140471825164032   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Type: <class 'urllib2.URLError'>
                                            Error Contents: <urlopen error [Errno 0] Error>
                                              File "/home/dencrypt/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/default.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                runner.run(__provider__)
                                              File "/home/dencrypt/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/runner.py", line 32, in run
                                                __RUNNER__.run(provider, context)
                                              File "/home/dencrypt/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/impl/xbmc/xbmc_runner.py", line 23, in run
                                                results = provider.navigate(context)
                                              File "/home/dencrypt/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/abstract_provider.py", line 123, in navigate
                                                result = method(context, re_match)
                                              File "/home/dencrypt/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/register_provider_path.py", line 12, in wrapper
                                                return func(*args, **kwargs)
                                              File "/home/dencrypt/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube/provider.py", line 387, in _on_subscriptions
                                                return yt_subscriptions.process(method, self, context, re_match)
                                              File "/home/dencrypt/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube/helper/yt_subscriptions.py", line 45, in process
                                                client = provider.get_client(context)
                                              File "/home/dencrypt/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube/provider.py", line 153, in get_client
                                                refresh_tokens[0])
                                              File "/home/dencrypt/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube/client/login_client.py", line 151, in refresh_token_tv
                                                grant_type=grant_type)
                                              File "/home/dencrypt/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube/client/login_client.py", line 181, in refresh_token
                                                result = requests.post(url, data=post_data, headers=headers, verify=False)
                                              File "/home/dencrypt/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/simple_requests/api.py", line 184, in post
                                                return _request('POST', url, data=data, json=json, **kwargs)
                                              File "/home/dencrypt/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/simple_requests/api.py", line 155, in _request
                                                response = opener.open(request)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 429, in open
                                                response = self._open(req, data)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 447, in _open
                                                '_open', req)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 407, in _call_chain
                                                result = func(*args)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 1241, in https_open
                                                context=self._context)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 1198, in do_open
                                                raise URLError(err)
                                            URLError: <urlopen error [Errno 0] Error>
20:52:57 T:140473022991168   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/subscriptions/list/
20:52:57 T:140473022991168   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/subscriptions/list/) failed
Hi,
Still no issue for "Quota Exceeded"?
Thanks!