Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hot Rod livestreams Drag Week 2016 for 5 days, monday to friday.

Monday did not work on my NUCs + Kodi, neither does Tuesday.

Could you guys try if todays livestream works ok for you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLM1ofXPoto

On PC Youtube livestream is ok but not on NUC + very latest Milhouse.
I can confirm that the "problem" lies within Python 2.7.12. A lot of changes for urllib2 in that release that gives the URLError(err). I am no coder so I can't really say what needs to be changed for the plugin but a downgrade to 2.7.8 (I do not recommend this though) solved the problem for me and youtube is now working again.
Is there any way of doing a "autoplay" of next video like YouTube on chromecast and in the browser does?
So when you've for example watched one music video YouTube suggest a related one and plays it in 5 seconds.
I'm not sure if this is available within the api, but this is a pretty neat feature that I got used to on the chromecast.

Sent from my SM-N9002
(2016-09-15, 00:04)gardar Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any way of doing a "autoplay" of next video like YouTube on chromecast and in the browser does?
So when you've for example watched one music video YouTube suggest a related one and plays it in 5 seconds.
I'm not sure if this is available within the api, but this is a pretty neat feature that I got used to on the chromecast.

Sent from my SM-N9002

You can send several videos into queue and then bring up that queued playlist. I use an Xbox 360 controller for my htpc (it reminds me of using XBMC4Xbox) so I send items to queue with the L1 button and bring up my playlist with R1. I start at the first queued item and it autoplays the rest.
Hello,

On OSMC I can't sign-in to Youtube anymore. After submission of the first code on youtube.com/activate, I get this error: http://pastebin.com/d5Z3PrfH

A few days ago I saw a message on the screen about "quota exceeded", today this is what I have in my log.
Can you help ?

Running: YouTube (5.2.1) on Jarvis (16.1) with Python 2.7.9
(2016-09-15, 11:42)edsic Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

On OSMC I can't sign-in to Youtube anymore. After submission of the first code on youtube.com/activate, I get this error: http://pastebin.com/d5Z3PrfH

A few days ago I saw a message on the screen about "quota exceeded", today this is what I have in my log.
Can you help ?

Running: YouTube (5.2.1) on Jarvis (16.1) with Python 2.7.9

Seems like the quota problem. Read more in the first post. I think the solution is to create your own API-keys (Post #3).
Hi I tried creating my API keys.

i followed the guide, but im having problems at the end.

The process I followed was:

1) Log into YouTube addon using 2 step process to ensure I was signed in properly.

2) Created the 3 API Keys needed.

3) Went to YT Adoon Settings in Kodi, entered the 3 new API keys into the three boxes that are already populated.

4) I then sign out of the YT Addon.

5) However upon trying to sign back in, it always fails at the first step of the 2 step verification, and sends me to the YT Settings window with the APIs listed.

Any help?
The general steps sound correct, so possibly something is missed somewhere.

My first thoughts based on the most common issues would be:

- check that you have entered the keys correctly (personally I think copying and pasting into the settings.xml is more reliable)
- check that you haven't included the ".apps.googleusercontent.com extension" (see step 4)
- check that you haven't missed a step from the guide
- and I guess check if you are using one of these alternative operating systems that constantly seem to create problems...
Hello again. Perhaps my last message went unnoticed.

Every now and then I have the following problem: Youtube videos within Kodi take forever to load and keep buffering. I set them to play at 720p. But when I close / minimize Kodi and open the same videos in Chrome they play flawlessly at 720 or even 1080.

And this may happen to many videos in a row. The weird thing is that it doesn't always happen.

Does it happen to anybody else? What do you think is the cause?

Thank you.
Hello. I'm running YT 5.2.2 on Jarvis 16.1, on Windows 7.

Since earlier today my Watch Later and History sections come up empty. (0 items). All my other playlists work fine. Search and all other functions seems to be working, and I can play videos, so is not a quota problem.

I tried signing out and back again, and then uninstalling/reinstalling the addon, same results... Everything that I use regularly works except for Watch Later and History.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
(2016-09-16, 00:58)mklopez Wrote: [ -> ]Since earlier today my Watch Later and History sections come up empty. (0 items). All my other playlists work fine. Search and all other functions seems to be working, and I can play videos, so is not a quota problem.

I also noticed this just now and my "Watch Later" folder turns out to be completely blank. There is no error message popping up that would indicate something is wrong, when I enter this folder.
I can also confirm that my Watch Later list is not longer retrieved.

History still seems to work for me, but as we know it is showing history from the web, not from the Kodi addon.

Regarding Watch Later, possibly Google have changed the API, or possibly it is just a temporary issue. Let's see.
(2016-09-15, 18:15)jmh2002 Wrote: [ -> ]- check that you haven't included the ".apps.googleusercontent.com extension" (see step 4)

I think this may be it, ill check later Smile

Thank you for your help.
Same issue here, my watch later folder is suddenly showing as empty, even thou it isnt.
Captain here:
https://developers.google.com/youtube/v3...on_history

*flies away*

Edit:
To everyone who might be confused

The link is related to watch later responding empty items due to some API changes.
I've tried applying those changes to my own test-implementation of the youtube data api but am still
a little on the confused side.
Haven't worked with this API in forever though and as it's not the nicest one I need some time to get
back in again.