Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-09-18, 01:59)DParsons Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the solution, but this does not work for me and I have the space everything. I copied the text from your email but I still have a blank watch later list.

At first mine also was blank but after I rebooted my unit and restarted Kodi it worked.
I tried the patch and it work, thank you very much cgx_ !

Remember to restart (or close and re-open) Kodi for the change to be read.
(2016-09-15, 03:39)UraFarquad Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-15, 00:04)gardar Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any way of doing a "autoplay" of next video like YouTube on chromecast and in the browser does?
So when you've for example watched one music video YouTube suggest a related one and plays it in 5 seconds.
I'm not sure if this is available within the api, but this is a pretty neat feature that I got used to on the chromecast.

Sent from my SM-N9002

You can send several videos into queue and then bring up that queued playlist. I use an Xbox 360 controller for my htpc (it reminds me of using XBMC4Xbox) so I send items to queue with the L1 button and bring up my playlist with R1. I start at the first queued item and it autoplays the rest.

I know about the possibility of queuing videos but that's not exactly what I meant.

I'm talking about the videos youtube automatically suggest/plays after your video is finished, these videos are related to the video you were just watching and do not require any manual intervention.

It's a great way to listen to music for example, just put on one video you like and youtube will keep on playing similar videos automatically.
Since yesterday i dont have my youtube history in kodi.When i open history blank page shows up.Tried reactivating account doesnt work?
Please read this the posts on the last few pages (always good to read before making your first forum post).

Both Watch Later and History have stopped working due to google api changes. In recent posts there is a fix for Watch Later.
Just a little tip for YouTube users:

I hope that @h0d3nt3uf3l will update the addon at some stage in relation to google's api changes but as far as history is concerned this has been a problem for a long time as it does not sync correctly (api problem again I believe - there was no 2 way sync, we were only seeing web history in the Kodi addon).

As far as actual Kodi use is concerned I have recently been testing an addon called "Last Played" (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=279131) which creates a list of ALL items played most recently in Kodi, creating an ongoing history list.

Various options are available regarding how you would like to display the list (eg: single list, or by addon).

It's also possible to have the Last Played list stored on your local network, meaning that it syncs across all your devices on that same network.

So it's quite a nice option that might also prove useful for YouTubers here.

NB: as with various lists inside the YouTube addon, if you add Last Played as a skin shortcut you will need to use the "Super Favourites / dont cache" method to ensure that the list always refreshes correctly.

And if you really want to go crazy, you could even use Super Favourites to create a custom YouTube 'menu' with your preferred sections, channels, playlists, etc, plus the youtube history portion of Last Played, so that everything is nicely together in one place.

Then add that Super Favourites folder as a skin shortcut instead of the YouTube addon itself.
(I still put the YouTube addon inside my Super Favourites YouTube menu as well though for simplicity).

Hope this helps Cool Nod
(2016-09-17, 21:15)cgx_ Wrote: [ -> ]Dirty hack to get watch later working for now, google is likely to block this:
resources/lib/youtube/provider.py around line 572
change
['channel', 'mine', 'playlist', playlists['watchLater']]),
to
['channel', 'mine', 'playlist', ' WL']),

The space in front of WL is important Wink

Many thanks!
(2016-09-17, 21:15)cgx_ Wrote: [ -> ]Dirty hack to get watch later working for now, google is likely to block this:
resources/lib/youtube/provider.py around line 572
change
['channel', 'mine', 'playlist', playlists['watchLater']]),
to
['channel', 'mine', 'playlist', ' WL']),

The space in front of WL is important Wink

Works great,
Thank You.
This is my note of appreciation to cgx_ and ecab21 for the highly creative fixes to the recent YouTube change causing the WatchLater playlist to return empty. I am running a version YT 5.1 via Jarvis 16.1 on Linux Mint 17.3. I frequently use the Chrome Launcher addon to access YouTube directly, but prefer to watch later on Kodi because of its enhanced player controls.
Good god will this ever be fixed? I setup an account with Google for the quota thing and it worked for a while but now it's right back to where it was. Uninstalled and reinstalled (removing the folder) and installed the lastest version. Same issue.
I also came because Watch Later has stopped working. Reading back, I tried the playlist['watchLater'] to ' WL' hack and even downloaded the original file from 5.2.1 posted previously. So far, nothing's worked.

The other hack that I'd seen involved putting in my playlist id directly - I wasn't sure where to find a playlist ID itself, unless in this case it's "WL"?
I have two questions:

1) I’ve noticed Kodi doesn’t remember the playback positions of any of the YouTube videos I watch if I happen to stop one in the middle and try to resume it later. Adding YouTube videos to my Kodi library using .strm and .nfo files doesn't seem to make a difference. Is there a way to remember the playback position of a YouTube video on Kodi midway-through using this or another addon? If not, is this feature planned?

2) Regarding making the YouTube addon usable with one's own API key, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FbL5Lt-XJs says that all you have to do is go to the YouTube addon settings and check “Support alternative player” and “Enable Personal API Keys,” and then you are good to go. But this thread's official instructions at the third post on http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=267160 are much more specific. Is there any credibility to that YouTuber's instructions, or should I definitely use the official instructions on this thread?

Thank you so much!
(2016-09-20, 04:50)verona77 Wrote: [ -> ]I have two questions:

1) I’ve noticed Kodi doesn’t remember the playback positions of any of the YouTube videos I watch if I happen to stop one in the middle and try to resume it later. Adding YouTube videos to my Kodi library using .strm and .nfo files doesn't seem to make a difference. Is there a way to remember the playback position of a YouTube video on Kodi midway-through using this or another addon? If not, is this feature planned?

It has always worked for me and it still does, but just like the rest of Kodi it is dependant on a certain percentage being watched. I use mySQL too and the watched and resume status for YouTube is also shared across my network to different devices (to my travel devices too, which are setup to access my home network remotely).

(2016-09-20, 04:50)verona77 Wrote: [ -> ]2) Regarding making the YouTube addon usable with one's own API key, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FbL5Lt-XJs says that all you have to do is go to the YouTube addon settings and check “Support alternative player” and “Enable Personal API Keys,” and then you are good to go. But this thread's official instructions at the third post on http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=267160 are much more specific. Is there any credibility to that YouTuber's instructions, or should I definitely use the official instructions on this thread?

Thank you so much!
How is this video possibly enabling personal API keys when none are being created or entered in the first place? Think about it...

Use my exact instructions in the 3rd post on page 1 and it will be guaranteed to work Nod
(2016-09-19, 23:53)thearm Wrote: [ -> ]Good god will this ever be fixed? I setup an account with Google for the quota thing and it worked for a while but now it's right back to where it was. Uninstalled and reinstalled (removing the folder) and installed the lastest version. Same issue.

If you have correctly followed my instructions in the 3rd post on page 1 then Personal API keys 100% fix any quota issues.

Something is wrong with your setup.
(2016-09-19, 23:46)Chard Wrote: [ -> ]This is my note of appreciation to cgx_ and ecab21 for the highly creative fixes to the recent YouTube change causing the WatchLater playlist to return empty.

+100

Thanks added to these users.