Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
anxdpanic has made an update. I've commited and put the new zip up

New Beta Update
[x] user-agent and param updates for video info requests
[x] do not prompt for search if search history empty (can have unwanted effects)
[x] some dash manifests do not set use_cipher_signature, but do have a ciphered signature. added detection of /s/ signatures and fall back to old playback instead of error'ing

ZIP file updated 10/18/2016 10:36AM

Same rules apply. Back your stuff up and just report issues to the github site please. We don't support the beta.

youtube beta
Stupid question possibly already ask:
It's possibly to maintain both version ? For example maintain the 5.2.2 stable and install this beta in another different folder and use one of two at default and beta only when need ?
(2016-10-15, 14:38)MetalChris Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-15, 09:40)evilblade Wrote: [ -> ]Could someone help me out, please? Until recently YouTube was working like a charm in my Kodi, but about a week ago it just stopped. I thought it was some temporary issue, but it seems like it's not. When I try to run it I'm getting an "..error.. check log for details.."
Here's what the log says: http://pastebin.com/bhXRnxaH
As I noticed, it mentions some malformed database, so I tried to delete all the .kodi/userdata/Database/Addons*.db files - it didn't help.
Then I tried to uninstall and install the add-on, then tried installing different versions of it (including a 5.2.4 beta) - nothing helps.
Any ideas what else should I try? Thanks in advance!

I believe you need to delete the cache.sqlite file in the .kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube/ folder. It might be in one of the subfolders there, it's been a while since I've done this.

Thanks a lot! Solved the problem like a charm Smile
(2016-10-18, 18:26)DjDiabolik Wrote: [ -> ]Stupid question possibly already ask:
It's possibly to maintain both version ? For example maintain the 5.2.2 stable and install this beta in another different folder and use one of two at default and beta only when need ?

i think you can by manually installing and changing the addon.xml file id tag and or version tag. I've done this is the past but I can't confirm this still works.
you shoudl be able to do it, add you really need to do is change the name, the trick is to not have it use the same data points. e.g. KODI/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube.... otherwise you may run into cross saved stuff. Look through the code and see where the addon_data folder is defined.

Jeff
(2016-10-18, 22:43)gott_sei_dank Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-18, 18:26)DjDiabolik Wrote: [ -> ]Stupid question possibly already ask:

i think you can by manually installing and changing the addon.xml file id tag and or version tag. I've done this is the past but I can't confirm this still works.

(2016-10-18, 23:04)jdf76 Wrote: [ -> ]you shoudl be able to do it, add you really need to do is change the name, the trick is to not have it use the same data points. e.g. KODI/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube.... otherwise you may run into cross saved stuff. Look through the code and see where the addon_data folder is defined.

Jeff

You'll need to change the add-on id in the addon.xml file to something like plugin.video.youtube-beta and make sure the install folder in the kodi/addons folder matches, and you'll need to change every reference in the code to match as well. I think you should probably also manually extract the contents of the beta zip file to your Kodi/addons folder as well, rather than using the Kodi install from zip routine. Then it should setup a KODI/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube-beta folder when you start Kodi and access the beta version of the Youtube add-on for the first time. Any add-ons you have that require the Youtube add-on as a dependency will only use the stable version though.
New Beta Update
  • Allow users to clear or delete caches/settings.xml from Settings, simplifies resolution of database issues and user maintenance
  • Adds 'Clear function cache', 'Clear search history', 'Delete function cache database', 'Delete search history database' and 'Delete settings.xml' to 'Maintenance' section in Settings

ZIP file updated 10/19/2016 03:30:00

Link
mmmmmmmmmm... about try to latest beta but maintain the current stable........ i thinks the best solution it's backup the currently stable version of youtube. Uninstall it. Deleting all preferences and similar and install the beta.
If we have some problems whit beta i can uninstall the beta.. reinstall the stable 5.2.2 from repo and after overwrite the folder whit previously backup...

I have a othter question...... about the Subscription........ on my login i have about 40 channel subscripted. If i access on subscription all recent video of all my subscription appears on a like full list......... my question it's:
It's possibly to obtain a "selection" ?? For example... if i want only obtain al recent video for only 5 channel i'm subscripted it's possibly to obtain this ? In this mode for example i can create some "groups" like "Games" "Trailer" "Sport" and obtain all recent video only whit specific channel and not in a full list of all my 41 subscription.......
(2016-10-19, 19:52)DjDiabolik Wrote: [ -> ]mmmmmmmmmm... about try to latest beta but maintain the current stable........ i thinks the best solution it's backup the currently stable version of youtube. Uninstall it. Deleting all preferences and similar and install the beta.
If we have some problems whit beta i can uninstall the beta.. reinstall the stable 5.2.2 from repo and after overwrite the folder whit previously backup...

I have a othter question...... about the Subscription........ on my login i have about 40 channel subscripted. If i access on subscription all recent video of all my subscription appears on a like full list......... my question it's:
It's possibly to obtain a "selection" ?? For example... if i want only obtain al recent video for only 5 channel i'm subscripted it's possibly to obtain this ? In this mode for example i can create some "groups" like "Games" "Trailer" "Sport" and obtain all recent video only whit specific channel and not in a full list of all my 41 subscription.......

I think of it this way...If the word "beta" wasn't mentioned, we wouldn't be having a conversation Big Grin
(2016-10-20, 15:04)robo989 Wrote: [ -> ][CUT CUT

I think of it this way...If the word "beta" wasn't mentioned, we wouldn't be having a conversation Big Grin

i don't have understand this reply..... you can help me for create this "favorites" subscription list ?
(2016-10-19, 19:52)DjDiabolik Wrote: [ -> ]mmmmmmmmmm... about try to latest beta but maintain the current stable........ i thinks the best solution it's backup the currently stable version of youtube. Uninstall it. Deleting all preferences and similar and install the beta.

I'll be honest with you i don't think anything new is coming out. Though i could be wrong. I think they're primarily working on getting dash working.

Jeff
Dash is working on Nvidia Shield (Android), You just need to install latest Kodi nightly and enable the dash manually via addons--->myaddons--myvideoplayer
and install latest Youtube Beta.

Just one question, i can still not select 4k, the latest is 1080p, played multiple 4k movies, i have 100m Internet.
@DjDiabolik, @jdf76 I personally don't intended to add anything new at this point in time. Have my eye on one more thing to fix when circumstances present again before shifting main focus back to other projects.

@compy Thanks, I added an android generalization to my previous post. From my understanding of how inputstream.mpd selects resolution, you'll need to set min bandwidth to at least 10000000, and Max Resolution to Auto. Then inputstream.mpd should pick the stream most suited to your current video res. Not sure much beyond that, no 4K displays to test directly with myself.
(2016-10-21, 19:08)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@DjDiabolik, @jdf76 I personally don't intended to add anything new at this point in time. Have my eye on one more thing to fix when circumstances present again before shifting main focus back to other projects.

@compy Thanks, I added an android generalization to my previous post. From my understanding of how inputstream.mpd selects resolution, you'll need to set min bandwidth to at least 10000000, and Max Resolution to Auto. Then inputstream.mpd should pick the stream most suited to your current video res. Not sure much beyond that, no 4K displays to test directly with myself.

anxdpanic,

No worries. At this point i think were mostly glad the dash issues is being worked with and appreciate any help you can give with that.

Thanks
jeff
New Update for 10/23/16 10:23pm

Add 'Subtitle language(s) to download' selection to 'General' settings
  • 'None': Off/Don't Download (Default)
  • 'All': Download all languages
  • 'Setting': Download using language from add-on's language setting
  • 'Setting, English': Same as above as well as English
  • 'English': Download English only
  • 'Prompt': Prompt with available languages at playback

[Download link]