Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Great works.... tomorrow i uninstall latest 5.2.4 beta and tryed this 5.3.......... i have currently nothings to important to backup......
I'd wait till we get the my subscriptions issue fixed.

Jeff
^ ^ ^

It's not important for moments..... also about my recent question about possibly to manage in group my subcripted channel. If normally subscripted (infact i also ever reach my favourites channel from main favourites of kodi....) channel list work it's not a big problems for now.........

*EDIT*
The suggested and the raccomandation video works ?
Updated the plugin for alpha2.

This will allow you to use My subscriptions. Unfortunately the only caveat is you need to use 2 activations rather then 1.

Download here
(2016-10-27, 18:39)debennett2 Wrote: [ -> ]Is History now available?

As far as I know, Google Still blocks the API for getting that so we would have no way to put that back in. Sorry.

Jeff
Update to 5.3.0

Now on Alpha3
  • set in Settings -> Folders or by (My) Playlists context menu set/remove
  • only provides a Kodi watch history list (It adds it to the personal playlist on youtube (like the new watch later does). So all instance of kodi that use that playlist can share that history)

Download here

Code:
https://github.com/Kolifanes/plugin.video.youtube/releases/download/5.3.0/plugin.video.youtube-5.3.0-a3.zip

Big Thanks goes to anxdpanic for all of his hard work* with updating the plugin.

Jeff

:edited to fix spelling mistake (good job jeff)
Wow, thanks for the update!
When you set the option to select video size at playback, is there a way to make available 1080p or video codecs other than avc and vp8? Can vp9 videos be supported?
(2016-10-29, 01:49)Justin Bailey Wrote: [ -> ]When you set the option to select video size at playback, is there a way to make available 1080p or video codecs other than avc and vp8? Can vp9 videos be supported?

Are you on a version that supports inputstream?

The way I understand how this works is.

(2016-10-17, 17:35)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]Kodi 17 and inputstream.mpd Add-on are required
inputstream.mpd may be included with your installation of Kodi 17, and some installations will be require it to be enabled and/or installed.

Some examples I could find; ** again note ONLY Kodi 17 installs. Windows and OSMC only ones personally used/tested.

- Ubuntu(other linux distros may be similar): sudo apt-get install kodi-inputstream-mpd
- LibreELEC: "... you'll need to install the inputstream.mpd add-on from the LibreELEC Add-ons repository"
- Windows: Checkbox during installation under "Inputstream Add-ons" (may be disabled by default)
- OSMC: Nightlies have this included (may be disabled by default)
- Android: may be disabled by default
- OSX/macOS: this is disabled by default. Same Setup as the rest.

Where to find inputstream.mpd if installed:
Add-ons - Add-on Browser - My Add-ons - VideoPlayer InputStream

See here for an explanation of how inputstream.mpd handles bandwidth/resolution.

Also worth noting that not all videos will have dash playback at the moment, vevo content for example does not.
How do you update inputstream version ? is it auto with Kodi as full package ?
So I have an issue with beta5 and the Amazon Fire TV Stick. You need mediacodec and mediacodec (surface) both disabled in order for inputstream DASH and Youtube plugins to work, but if you disable both mediacodec hardware acceleration options, if you play any 1080p mkv's locally or over the wire, it chops up to all hell. Kinda annoying going back and forth depending on whether or not I want to watch local media, or stuff through the YouTube plugin. Is there a more elegant solution?

The Amazon Fire TV (NOT stick) is powerful enough to decode the MKVs without having to rely on mediacodec acceleration, so it's easy at least on that one system, just the sticks where I have to play Sophie's Choice.
(2016-10-30, 20:54)compy Wrote: [ -> ]How do you update inputstream version ? is it auto with Kodi as full package ?

To be honest, i think it's done through kodi or auto updates on it's own like all of the other plugins.

The youtube plugin just takes advantage of the dash support it provides.

Jeff
Updated to 5.3.0 Alpha4

Changes below
  • remove 1080p option in the main settings as it had nothing to do with inputstream.mpd and was very misleading.
  • other minor updates
  • added Optional URLResolver (Debrid) support -- (Special thanks to @mortael for testing/confirming these results)
  • add skin.estuary to view overrides
  • add success/fail notification to maintenance actions
  • Greek language strings update. [twilight0]

Download Here

Big Thanks goes to anxdpanic for all of his hard work with updating the plugin.

Also I will updating the first post soon to reflect the new changes. And setting up the wiki like i said i would a while back.

Thanks!
Jeff
Hi are you planing to push update to official repo or make repo for this updates
yes once it's out of alpha, another words it doesn't fail horribly..

Jeff