Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-11-24, 18:56)jdf76 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-24, 18:54)Art0s Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-24, 18:48)jdf76 Wrote: [ -> ]What version of Kodi are you running?

Jeff

16, Jarvis

Inputstream is only available on Krypton.

Sorry.

Jeff

I installed LibreElec on my raspberry pi 3,is any way to turn on dash?
you'll need to install the beta of LibreElec. Krypton is Kodi V17, So You can't turn it on in Jarvis because the ffmpeg version does NOT support dash.

Jeff
(2016-11-24, 19:11)jdf76 Wrote: [ -> ]you'll need to install the beta of LibreElec. Krypton is Kodi V17, So You can't turn it on in Jarvis because the ffmpeg version does NOT support dash.

Jeff

Thanks a lot,but...

I just install Krypthon,found InputStream Add-On. Turned it on.. but still only 720p( what i'm doing wrong?

https://goo.gl/photos/9DibRZzUhNMZvZw88

https://goo.gl/photos/cG9sLx7H7c7gdgBf9
UPDATE SUCCESS !

...just a short note to say...

Thanks to all the Coding Commanders, my update from v5.2.2 to v5.3.4 today has gone quickly, smoothly and effortlessly.

I had locked out updates since v5.2.2 (hacked addon.xml to v9.9.9) due to unstable behaviour reports a-plenty. My personal API keys work fine - and why mess with success ?

Well today I decided to backup/update, and enjoy the improvements & bug fixes you've implemented. Glad I did.

All settings - and my keys - were retained, and the 2-part login proceeded as normal and without incident. Great update script Gentlemen !

So Hats Off to you for the great effort you have put in to keep this most critical addon healthy and working - THANK YOU !!
Still looking for help
(2016-11-24, 21:41)gjwAudio Wrote: [ -> ]UPDATE SUCCESS !...just a short note to say... Thanks to all...

Thank you, much appreciated Nod
When is the new version planned to hit the official Kodi repository?
(2016-11-24, 20:36)Art0s Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-24, 19:11)jdf76 Wrote: [ -> ]you'll need to install the beta of LibreElec. Krypton is Kodi V17, So You can't turn it on in Jarvis because the ffmpeg version does NOT support dash.

Jeff

Thanks a lot,but...

I just install Krypthon,found InputStream Add-On. Turned it on.. but still only 720p( what i'm doing wrong?

https://goo.gl/photos/9DibRZzUhNMZvZw88

https://goo.gl/photos/cG9sLx7H7c7gdgBf9

Check your input stream settings...

I know once I set that it started showing at 1080p

Jeff
(2016-11-25, 03:44)raptorz Wrote: [ -> ]When is the new version planned to hit the official Kodi repository?

When Kodi Dev's ok the plugin. Till then you'll have to use the youtube repo or install it manually.

Jeff
Just installed new version, it solved several issues, I can pick the right yt I'd. The watch later link now works, WL. I'll see if it keeps me logged in.
Hello everybody,
I´ve got a problem with the 2 x web activation. Yesterday, I´ve created an API (as explained in one of the first posts, thanks for that) and everything worked fine, but today, after booting the Raspberry Pi again, API was disabled in the settings. It seems as though everything I configured the day before wasn´t saved. Then I tried to enter all the API data again, which worked fine, but the 2 x web activation couldn´t be finished successfully. I enter the first code without trouble, afterwards, I want to read the second code on the screen, when suddenly the settings-window opens and in the meantime I receive a message (Log In failed).
Is there a solution for this problem? Thanks up front.
By the way, is there a way to copy the API data on the Pi or do I necessarily have to copy it manually (transcirbe with keyboard)?
(2016-11-27, 19:58)Mike Me Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everybody,
I´ve got a problem with the 2 x web activation. Yesterday, I´ve created an API (as explained in one of the first posts, thanks for that) and everything worked fine, but today, after booting the Raspberry Pi again, API was disabled in the settings. It seems as though everything I configured the day before wasn´t saved. Then I tried to enter all the API data again, which worked fine, but the 2 x web activation couldn´t be finished successfully. I enter the first code without trouble, afterwards, I want to read the second code on the screen, when suddenly the settings-window opens and in the meantime I receive a message (Log In failed).
Is there a solution for this problem? Thanks up front.
By the way, is there a way to copy the API data on the Pi or do I necessarily have to copy it manually (transcirbe with keyboard)?

When you get the login failed. you're getting an error with one of the API Keys.

You can edit your settings.xml which is stored in your addon_data/plugin.video.youtube directory. This is essentially when it's stored. There should be no reason why the plugin is erasing your settings unless your SD Card is full or you are having it reset the settings.

You can ssh into your Pi and edit the settings.xml or some suggest using a 3rd party program like wsftp for windows and editing it that way. I use a mac so i just ssh into it and edit it via a console window.

Jeff
I saved some shared playlists in my youtube account and I can see them from the left side "LIBRARY" in youtube website, but I can't see them in the addon. I got a popup "no channel found" when clicking the "playlists" in the addon. Is this normal?
(2016-11-23, 15:38)heinzgruber Wrote: [ -> ]hi,
i'm on libreelec kodi 17 with youtube 5.3.4 plus acitvated inputstream.mpd, my problem is that i can't watch youtube live without buffering. "normal" youtube videos are no problem.

anyone an advice?

thx

no one problems with youtube live videos? ^^
Any ideas about this, thanks Smile

Also, just yesterday went to update/upgrade my ubuntu installation and seems latest nightly is demanding a version bump on InputStream.mpd/DASH but not in repo yet, assuming it's just a matter of time before it gets updated, or something wrong my end?
Cheers again, not meaning to be rude by quoting my earlier post but it is now a couple pages back and might have been missed by those helpful people that know a bit more than me.

(2016-11-23, 13:34)robo989 Wrote: [ -> ]Really good work continuing here, thanks for the support and releases...

I do have a little question if I may though.
Using all the recent addons with DASH, with Kodi set to switch to resolution/refresh rate to match video obviously there is a few seconds of blank screen when the display device changes which can't be avoided.

But I'm noticing a few seconds after this another blanking of the screen for a few seconds before the video then continues to play.
I'm assuming this (and from looking at the video stream info it confirms it) is changing streams to match bandwidth of connection.

Would it be possible to have it so the bandwidth is not "tested" every time a video is played as inevitably we are talking about 10-12 seconds from selecting a video to where it is actually playing properly. There is also a few seconds of silence after that change of resolution where sound is muted as the audio system establishes a new handshake etc too.

Not complaining here by any stretch so I do hope it doesn't sound like that but maybe there's a way to avoid this situation as on the 2nd video change there's no possibility to pause the video to allow it to carry on where the change took place,

Thanks again for the great work.